- Build Your Own Mini-ITX Computer
- Audio Requirements
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 32 bit or 64 bit Intel CPUs (Ryzen?)
- A bootable USB port, or a CD/DVD ROM drive
- Wired Networking connecting to a LAN with a DHCP server (usually your Internet router)
- Atheros/Qualcomm: AR816X, AR817X, AR815X
- Broadcom: Tigon3
- Intel - E1000, E1000E
- Realtek - R8169
- At least 256 MB of RAM, the more the merrier!
- Some form of storage for the OS if you want to install it (Be it USB, HDD or SSD)
Recommended Computer Hardware Requirements
Recommended hardware requirements would be:
- During installation, have the computer connected a keyboard and mouse (useful if you need to change the BIOS settings)
- A high quality linear power supply to power the motherboard (and other peripherals)
- At least 2 GB of system RAM, preferably configured in DDR mode
- Machine is connected to a network with WIFI (This is the ideal way for remote control)
You'd also need the following:
- A DHCP server running on your network. Snakeoil OS requires a dynamic IP to install. Once installed you can go to the Web App and set a static IP address.
- Mobile, Tablet or a second computer. Snakeoil is designed to be paired with either a smartphone or a tablet. Getting one is highly recommended, but entirely optional as you can always use your second computer.