- Navigating This Manual
- Philosophy Behind Snakeoil
Features of Snakeoil
As the creator of SnakeoilOS (Ng Theng Kiat AKA Agent Kith AKA Snakeoil Salesman), I have been using Linux almost from it's inception. With decades of experience - SnakeoilOS is the fruit of everything I know about computers and high quality audio.
SnakeoilOS is currently based on Ubuntu Server (16.04 LTS) with custom built audiophile quality software. Designed to run as a headless machines (i.e. no connected monitor and keyboard), the machine can be remotely controlled from any networked computer, wireless tablet or mobile phone.
- Built with Angular4 (Google), cpprestsdk (Microsoft), and Ubuntu (Canonical). Giving you the best combination of low latency, high stability, robust security and ultimate freedom to do whatever you want.
- Remote configuration via the point and click WebApp (no need to learn complicated shell commands, or login passwords)
- Support multiple software players, easily selectable and configurable (Squeezelite, MPD, XMMS, and more)
- Headless operation (Access most configuration options from the web browser)
- Real Time kernel (If it's good enough to control a industrial welding laser, it's good enough for audio!)
- Remote software upgrade via web interface
- Multi-lingual support
- Multiple SnakeoilOS machines can be hooked up for room distribution (Requires activation)