A few problems
So i have run into a few problems.
i am using the most recent version of snakeoil
the only thing currently working is mpd. i am using MALP as the remote
i have signed up to tidal, when i switch to either upmpdcli or minimserver using upmpdcli it wont play tidal. in both bubbleupnp and mconnect it sees the upmpdcli as a renderer but will not play to it. if i select my kodi machine, it will play to it

a few other problems. minimserver will not see my nasbox. it continually says path not found.

i thought i would try with lms. when using the squeezer app, it will not find anything.
should i reinstall the entire os?

(21-Dec-2021, 05:51 PM)anewmission Wrote: So i have run into a few problems.
i have signed up to tidal, when i switch to either upmpdcli or minimserver using upmpdcli it wont play tidal. in both bubbleupnp and mconnect it sees the upmpdcli as a renderer but will not play to it. if i select my kodi machine, it will play to it

a few other problems. minimserver will not see my nasbox. it continually says path not found.

i thought i would try with lms. when using the squeezer app, it will not find anything.
What brand of wireless network or router are you using at home?

You don't need to re-install the OS, this looks more like a software or network issue.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(22-Dec-2021, 06:59 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Dec-2021, 05:51 PM)anewmission Wrote: So i have run into a few problems.

What brand of wireless network or router are you using at home?

You don't need to re-install the OS, this looks more like a software or network issue.

Its a telstra gateway

(22-Dec-2021, 07:03 AM)anewmission Wrote: Its a telstra gateway
Any model number? Initially I thought the issue is Wifi isolation (Wifi clients can only see the Internet and no other clients within the network), but on re-reading that doesn't seem to be the case.

With your player set to upmpdcli, can you generate a diagnostic file and send it over? Start with getting this working then, then we can work out from there I guess.

Having said that, if you can find a brand and model of your telstra gateway, I can look up it's manual and see if it has a setting like that (or not).

i have set both the nas and the snakeoil machines to static. 
mpd works fine, and sounds absolutely fantastic.
i really just want to get tidal working, whether its with minimserver, using umpdpcli or through lms.
lms never sounds as good as mpd, though i know you cant use mpd for tidal
i could install either snakeoil or daphile onto a thin client and see what it does.
how big is the snakeoil os when installed? 
mpd is on port 8080 kodi is on port 808, lms is on 9000

(23-Dec-2021, 04:27 AM)anewmission Wrote: i have set both the nas and the snakeoil machines to static. 
mpd works fine, and sounds absolutely fantastic.
i really just want to get tidal working, whether its with minimserver, using umpdpcli or through lms.
Hopefully you can try out upmpdcli with mpd with the new 1.2.2 update. That might get things going, or let me know where the underlying problem is.

(23-Dec-2021, 04:27 AM)anewmission Wrote: lms never sounds as good as mpd, though i know you cant use mpd for tidal
Agreed. OTOH, MPD is too revealing making about 90% of my music un-listenable. lol. I blame the music producers for this. There's actually a lot of good music around, but they are just so poorly recorded and produced.

(23-Dec-2021, 04:27 AM)anewmission Wrote: i could install either snakeoil or daphile onto a thin client and see what it does.
how big is the snakeoil os when installed? 
mpd is on port 8080 kodi is on port 808, lms is on 9000
Snakeoil OS sits on top of Ubuntu OS. And Ubuntu OS can be as little or as bloated as you want to be.

Snakeoil OS Is very tweakable, hackable and adaptable. Most other softwares don't give this flexibility. Unfortunately with this flexibility things are easily broken, which I'm trying my best to fix. Unfortunately this project isn't my full time job so the time I can dedicate to this is pretty limited. Having said that, things will improve in the future, with the release of 1.2.2, kernel builder, and with the code being open sourced out. The plan is there, and it will happen in time.

Meanwhile, there are still other audiophile questions that I'm pondering on. Streaming music over CIFS vs NFS ... <- Now I could have swore I prefer CIFS over NFS. This doesn't mean CIFS gives better audio quality over NFS, just means I enjoy my music more when I use CIFS. Pondering this is also stealing time from development because I'm spending time listening/evaluating music. And also spending money and even more time building a new NAS server so I can easier ponder this.

Basically a lot of things to do, very little free time to execute.

telstra c0e0cd
im not sure if that helps

(23-Dec-2021, 08:07 AM)anewmission Wrote: telstra c0e0cd
No it doesn't. lol...

I'll have a 2 week break from my day job after today. Shall we do a Team Viewer session so I can remotely control your computer and find out what issues you have? If you have the time, send me a private message to arrange this.

(24-Dec-2021, 08:59 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(23-Dec-2021, 08:07 AM)anewmission Wrote: telstra c0e0cd
No it doesn't. lol...

I'll have a 2 week break from my day job after today. Shall we do a Team Viewer session so I can remotely control your computer and find out what issues you have? If you have the time, send me a private message to arrange this.
Sure that sounds great! 
will you remote into my snakeoil machine or into another pc in my house?

(25-Dec-2021, 10:21 AM)anewmission Wrote: Sure that sounds great! 
will you remote into my snakeoil machine or into another pc in my house?
From another PC. And then SSH (Putty) into your Snakeoil computer. I'll prob be taking it slow today. Are you available on Boxing day or after?