Acer Aspire Revo R3610 no IP Address upon bootup
Hi,

I decided to try and install the RPi image on a RPi2 to see if it was my HQ Player server that was not properly configured. Upon booting it and DAC connected, the HQ Player found the NAA right away in both IPv4 and IPv6.

The Pi2 is not powerful enough to work as an NAA with DSD256, this is the reason I'm using that Acer Aspire Revo R3610. I really want to make it work with SnakeOil OS and will try and help to give you info as much as I can.

Only problem is that the author of the NAA image (Signalyst) disabled SSH so I cannot use Putty on it... And most likely won't have the password to log onto the OS...

Thanks
Do

What's running on the RPi? NAA or HQPlayer?

Try and update the NAA to the latest version (see my previous post) and see if that works.

Alternatively, install HQPLayer on the Snakeoil PC as well as see if they can talk to each other. Once we worked this out systematically, then we can rule out issues and nail down what the problem is (is it IPv6, is it version incompatibility? is it networking? etc).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(06-Jul-2018, 09:38 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 05:58 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: Yep, it's getting an IPv6 Link Local address but not from my IPv6 DHCP server. Well maybe but it does not show up under ifconfig. Regardless, I'm able to ping all my IPv6 addresses (SnakeOil OS, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, etc...).
There is a line in ifconfig about inet6.. Does it have an address?

--- Yes, Link Local IPv6 (FE80Smile but not my routable IPv6 DHCP address. It does not matter anyways, the IPv6 Link local is all I need for the network anyways.

(06-Jul-2018, 05:58 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: Seems like everytime I'm trying to use HQ Player Client, the process ID (PID) under SnakeOil changes right after trying to use the NetworkAudioAdapter and NetworkAudioAdapter IPv6.

Here's what it does when I run this command manually :

dominic@HQP-NAA1:~$ sudo NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod start
NAA is already running, hence the error. Try:

--- Yes, I figured that out after writing this. 
Code:
sudo NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod restart
(06-Jul-2018, 05:58 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: It does Illegal instruction as soon as I open the HQ Player Client and try to modify the NetworkAusioAdapter from IPv4 to IPv6
I could try to install the 3.54.x NAA?
I've only tested NAA against the HQP that's installed on Snakeoil. Perhaps you do need to run 3.54x and above. Download the latest deb file, and drop it into the install box on the Snakeoil WebApp. Next go to the music players page and restart the players (just to be safe).

Now try and see if you can see this machine from your other computer again.

PS: if not wrong, I think the MPD v19 uninstall is fixed in the next releast Blind Testing (I'd double check and confirm tonight if I can).
--- I've updated the .deb package to 3.54x last night but it made no changes. I will run more tests 

I have commented above

Thansks
Do

(06-Jul-2018, 09:49 AM)agent_kith Wrote: What's running on the RPi? NAA or HQPlayer?

Try and update the NAA to the latest version (see my previous post) and see if that works.

Alternatively, install HQPLayer on the Snakeoil PC as well as see if they can talk to each other. Once we worked this out systematically, then we can rule out issues and nail down what the problem is (is it IPv6, is it version incompatibility? is it networking? etc).

On the RPi, it is only the NAA. Image is from Signalyst web site. I used the 32bit image for RPi3 that worked fine for RPi2. However, RPi 2 is not 64bit compatible so I cannot use the latest image. It did however run fine as I've tested it and Windows version of HQ Player was able to see NAA running on RPi2.

I will run more tests and update this thread.

Thanks
Do

Testing new beta, updated the setup to install the latest version of HQPlayer and NAA... Seems to work. Hopefully will have the next beta up soon. Just going to do more tests to fix some bugs found last night.

[Image: HQPlayer_Test.png]

Update: Beta 4 released. Go to the Snakeoil menu, untick NAA and hit save to uninstall. Then tick NAA again to pull the latest version down. Let me know how it goes.

I updated to Beta 4 and installed HQ Player NAA and server but the server seems to refuse to start

[Image: snakeoil_beta4.jpg]

In beta 4 when you add your license and restart, the license info is lost and has to be re-entered.

I'm starting to think that there's probably something wrong with that computer... Or at least the networking side... Even using DietPi x86 version on it (network works fine) and adding the HQ Player NAA, I'm not seeing it in the Player... Installing on my laptop or RPi2 everything works fine... Could it be some missing features from the network driver from Linux? Would NVidia own driver (non-free) be a better choice?

Thanks
Do

(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: I updated to Beta 4 and installed HQ Player NAA and server but the server seems to refuse to start
Click on the text 'Fail to start'. What does it say?

(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: In beta 4 when you add your license and restart, the license info is lost and has to be re-entered.
Hmm. Perhaps it's the way Snakeoil OS works. From within VNC, after you have registered the HQPlayer license information, can you try and quit the application? HQPLayer may restart automatically or not (can't remember now). And when it restarts, is the license infomation kept? If yes, then it will remember the information from then on.

If not, it looks like a bug in HQPlayer itself.

(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: I'm starting to think that there's probably something wrong with that computer... Or at least the networking side... Even using DietPi x86 version on it (network works fine) and adding the HQ Player NAA, I'm not seeing it in the Player... Installing on my laptop or RPi2 everything works fine... Could it be some missing features from the network driver from Linux? Would NVidia own driver (non-free) be a better choice?
The network driver is the physical layer, so I doubt it's a problem with Nvidia's driver. Perhaps the IPv6 DHCP client is not installed.

Can you SSH into the machine and run
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y wide-dhcpv6-client
Now reboot the computer and see if it works?

Hadn't have much luck with IPv6 myself because (believe it or not!) my ISP still don't support do IPv6!!!!

(09-Jul-2018, 07:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: I updated to Beta 4 and installed HQ Player NAA and server but the server seems to refuse to start
Click on the text 'Fail to start'. What does it say?

-------------
**** 2018-07-09T00:43:33
**** HQPlayer (VNC)

Starting VNC Server
Executable: cd /var/www;_NAME="" _OUTPUT="" _FORMAT="" _OPTIONS=""  /var/www/players/HQPlayer/init /var/www/players/HQPlayer 2>&1;/usr/bin/vncserver 2>&1;

New 'HQP-NAA1:1 (root)' desktop is HQP-NAA1:1

Starting applications specified in /root//.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /root//.vnc/HQP-NAA1:1.log
-------------

(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: In beta 4 when you add your license and restart, the license info is lost and has to be re-entered.
Hmm. Perhaps it's the way Snakeoil OS works. From within VNC, after you have registered the HQPlayer license information, can you try and quit the application? HQPLayer may restart automatically or not (can't remember now). And when it restarts, is the license infomation kept? If yes, then it will remember the information from then on.

If not, it looks like a bug in HQPlayer itself.

-------------
I was actually talking about the Snakeoil OS license by itself. I enter it but on every reboot I have to re-enter it again. It was working ok with the non-beta build.
-------------

(07-Jul-2018, 11:41 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: I'm starting to think that there's probably something wrong with that computer... Or at least the networking side... Even using DietPi x86 version on it (network works fine) and adding the HQ Player NAA, I'm not seeing it in the Player... Installing on my laptop or RPi2 everything works fine... Could it be some missing features from the network driver from Linux? Would NVidia own driver (non-free) be a better choice?
The network driver is the physical layer, so I doubt it's a problem with Nvidia's driver. Perhaps the IPv6 DHCP client is not installed.

Can you SSH into the machine and run
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y wide-dhcpv6-client
Now reboot the computer and see if it works?

Hadn't have much luck with IPv6 myself because (believe it or not!) my ISP still don't support do IPv6!!!!

-------------
Ok, ran the command and rebooted. I still only see the Link Local IPv6. Anyways, no big deal here. 
Could you add in the Networking tab the IPv6 address along with the IPv4 already displayed?
-------------

Would it be best to re-install everything from scratch or it shouldn't change anything?

Thanks and all the best!
Do 

If the registration disappears after a reboot, it sounds like you're still booting from the LiveCD. Can you check if you have removed the CD/DVD media or USB stick and try again? Maybe all the problems you're seeing is because of this LiveCD mode. Big Grin

(09-Jul-2018, 01:22 PM)agent_kith Wrote: If the registration disappears after a reboot, it sounds like you're still booting from the LiveCD. Can you check if you have removed the CD/DVD media or USB stick and try again? Maybe all the problems you're seeing is because of this LiveCD mode. Big Grin

Yeah, I wish it would have been that easy in the end... Hehe

I installed it on my SDcard and there's no built-in cd not is there any hdd inside (i removed it long time ago) and there's no usb key. It really boots right into the OS with only CLI, takes +/-20 seconds then I can access it from the web browser. License was working fine until I dropped in the Beta 4 onto it. If I was running in Live mode, every reboot I would need to re-install HQ Player NAA and Server.

I can try a fresh install and go directly to Beta 4 if you want?

Do

I'm thinking about something... Could you compile a kernel with both that Nvidia network driver and the Nvidia ION chipset. This way it will see the onboard audio and it will be easier for testing.

Thanks
Do