Acer Aspire Revo R3610 no IP Address upon bootup
(10-Jul-2018, 05:32 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: I'm thinking about something... Could you compile a kernel with both that Nvidia network driver and the Nvidia ION chipset. This way it will see the onboard audio and it will be easier for testing.

Thanks
Do

Not a problem. I'd try and see if I can do that tonight. Will also double check the registration thing you mention. So you're saying you have a problem with the system keeping registration info on beta 4? (or is this another version?).

How do you restart the system, do you hit the hard reset button, or do you hit the 'reboot' in the System menu of the Snakeoil WebApp?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(10-Jul-2018, 08:48 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Jul-2018, 05:32 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: I'm thinking about something... Could you compile a kernel with both that Nvidia network driver and the Nvidia ION chipset. This way it will see the onboard audio and it will be easier for testing.

Thanks
Do

Not a problem. I'd try and see if I can do that tonight. Will also double check the registration thing you mention. So you're saying you have a problem with the system keeping registration info on beta 4? (or is this another version?).

How do you restart the system, do you hit the hard reset button, or do you hit the 'reboot' in the System menu of the Snakeoil WebApp? 

The registration process works in Beta 4 but it does not keep upon rebooting. Reboot is done through the System --> Commands --> Reboot menu

Thanks again!

Do

(10-Jul-2018, 12:12 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: The registration process works in Beta 4 but it does not keep upon rebooting. Reboot is done through the System --> Commands --> Reboot menu
I can't replicate this in my setup. Not entirely sure what is wrong. Can you generate a diagnostics file and send it to me? agent_kith '@' snakeoil-os.net

Also, had a check. NVIDIA ION is really a platform - e.g. network, SMBUS, SATA drivers etc.. Collectively they're the ION. So technically the drivers for SDCARD and the Nvidia NIC already exist. Hopefully I can find out more once I see the diagnostic file.

(10-Jul-2018, 07:08 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Jul-2018, 12:12 PM)pinnocchio Wrote: The registration process works in Beta 4 but it does not keep upon rebooting. Reboot is done through the System --> Commands --> Reboot menu
I can't replicate this in my setup. Not entirely sure what is wrong. Can you generate a diagnostics file and send it to me? agent_kith '@' snakeoil-os.net

Also, had a check. NVIDIA ION is really a platform - e.g. network, SMBUS, SATA drivers etc.. Collectively they're the ION. So technically the drivers for SDCARD and the Nvidia NIC already exist. Hopefully I can find out more once I see the diagnostic file.
Here the Diag file for latest production firmware. Diag for beta 4 coming soon 

Here the diag with Beta 4. Installed with HQ Player NAA and HQ Player Server, server not starting.

Thanks
Do

(13-Jul-2018, 02:56 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: Here the diag with Beta 4. Installed with HQ Player NAA and HQ Player Server, server not starting.
Do 
Got the files.. I'd let you know what I can find out later.

(13-Jul-2018, 02:56 AM)pinnocchio Wrote: Here the diag with Beta 4. Installed with HQ Player NAA and HQ Player Server, server not starting.
Do 
Got the files.. I'd let you know what I can find out later.

@pinnocchio, the diagnosis files looks alright. Can you do me a favour? When you see your registration is not gone on reboot, can you reload the browser and see what happens?