Add CD Ripping
Hi,

Could you please add CD Ripping and being able to specifiy the destination storage ? And retrieve covers ?

Many thanks !

(21-Aug-2018, 03:02 AM)XavierP56 Wrote: Hi,

Could you please add CD Ripping and being able to specifiy the destination storage ? And retrieve covers ?

Many thanks !

This is in the works (Link). Was supposed to make part of the latest 'Blind Testing' feature set but unfortunately cut when I had to remove a few features to make the release date.

This feature will definitely make it in a future release.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

It may be worth your while to contact a gentleman by the name of Ron Olsen, ([email protected]). He wrote a piece of software called ripit which was integrated into VortexBox, (I was their Australian distributor for 9 years). It worked very well, had lots of options, could rip to nearly any file format, grabbed album art etc. He may be happy to let you use it.
[-] The following 2 users Like peterhocking's post:
  • patricia1066, agent_kith

(31-Mar-2019, 01:54 PM)peterhocking Wrote: It may be worth your while to contact a gentleman by the name of Ron Olsen, ([email protected]). He wrote a piece of software called ripit which was integrated into VortexBox, (I was their Australian distributor for 9 years). It worked very well, had lots of options, could rip to nearly any file format, grabbed album art etc. He may be happy to let you use it.
Github has ripit and it is still being updated. Vortexbox may have had permission to use it but currently it’s developer has only a link to suwald.com a defunct site.
His email address was ripit <at> suwald <dot> com

I would like to have a graphical environment to rip cds that is the best aspect of Vortexbox as far as I’m concerned.

It's still in my todo list. I'll try and bump this up and work on this once U8 is out.

(02-Oct-2019, 12:02 PM)agent_kith Wrote: It's still in my todo list. I'll try and bump this up and work on this once U8 is out.

May I suggest this as an optional add-on?  I don't want your great work makes less good sound, esp for those I don't use it to rip.

(02-Oct-2019, 01:47 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: May I suggest this as an optional add-on?  I don't want your great work makes less good sound, esp for those I don't use it to rip.
In a way it'll be. The ripper will only when when you're ripping - so it's not running all the time.

I would also like to see this feature.
I really wish Philips or Sony would make a sacd pc drive.
Considering getting a used ps3 and doing the mod so I can rip sacd.iso

(27-Nov-2019, 04:53 PM)anewmission Wrote: I would also like to see this feature.
The CD ripper will be implemented eventually.

SACD ripping can't be done though. Still have to use the PS3, or the Oppo (plus other players) for this. I'm using an Oppo for this, but you can base on the list and find other compatible players that'll work. Much better than the first gen PS3 as spar parts like lasers might be harder to come by.

(27-Nov-2019, 04:59 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(27-Nov-2019, 04:53 PM)anewmission Wrote: I would also like to see this feature.
The CD ripper will be implemented eventually.

SACD ripping can't be done though. Still have to use the PS3, or the Oppo (plus other players) for this. I'm using an Oppo for this, but you can base on the list and find other compatible players that'll work. Much better than the first gen PS3 as spar parts like lasers might be harder to come by.

I am about to buy the Cambridge audio rebadged oppo 105 from my cousin. I am wondering if this could do it. I think it's basically the same as the oppo udp 105 but with Cambridge audio dacs