Airplay
Would be nice to have airplay functionality on snakeoil os.

(29-Dec-2016, 07:13 AM)sips Wrote: Would be nice to have airplay functionality on snakeoil os.

Interesting idea.. As a client (play music), as a server (host files), or both? I'd investigate this but not entirely sure how easy it is to be honest.

For some unknown reason I am very very hopeless with Apple computers. Cry
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

As a client (play music). Many linux based projects have airplay. Volumio, microrendu etc. It is very useful feature. You need to have one optimized audio-pc and stream via it all other PC, phones. Windows can also stream via airplay. Utility called Tuneblade do it. Sorry I m not linux pro, maybe this link help. I hope it is not hard to add it to snakeoil-os.
https://forum.htpcguides.com/Thread-Linu...y-reciever

(29-Dec-2016, 09:20 AM)sips Wrote: As a client (play music). Many linux based projects have airplay. Volumio, microrendu etc. It is very useful feature. You need to have one optimized audio-pc and stream via it all other PC, phones. Windows can also stream via airplay. Utility called Tuneblade do it. Sorry I m not linux pro, maybe this link help. I hope it is not hard to add it to snakeoil-os.

Should be ok I think. I like the idea of this.  Thumbs Up

Not sure when I'd have time to do this, will post an article in the walkthrough when it's done. Will let you know when it's ready.

(29-Dec-2016, 09:20 AM)sips Wrote: As a client (play music). Many linux based projects have airplay. Volumio, microrendu etc. It is very useful feature. You need to have one optimized audio-pc and stream via it all other PC, phones. Windows can also stream via airplay. Utility called Tuneblade do it. Sorry I m not linux pro, maybe this link help. I hope it is not hard to add it to snakeoil-os.

It's work fine, but need install "libconfig-dev" pack and "$ ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --with-alsa --with-avahi --with-ssl=openssl --with-systemd" options...

(06-Feb-2019, 01:29 AM)kukaracha72 Wrote: It's work fine, but need install "libconfig-dev" pack and "$ ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --with-alsa --with-avahi --with-ssl=openssl --with-systemd" options... 
Is this build options for shairport, or something else? MPD. I can rebuild (or add) the software to support airplay in a future release.

(06-Feb-2019, 08:06 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(06-Feb-2019, 01:29 AM)kukaracha72 Wrote: It's work fine, but need install "libconfig-dev" pack and "$ ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --with-alsa --with-avahi --with-ssl=openssl --with-systemd" options... 
Is this build options for shairport, or something else? MPD. I can rebuild (or add) the software to support airplay in a future release. 

Yes. For shairport only. See https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-s.../README.md for more info. Very usefull link.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kukaracha72's post:
  • agent_kith

Is shairport working now? I can not find it. Would like to have this feature . Did install it by myself. The Airport server was running but did not get any sound.

(31-Jan-2022, 04:04 AM)Tecko Wrote: Is shairport working now? I can not find it. Would like to have this feature . Did install it by myself. The Airport server was running but did not get any sound.
Probably not. I do not believe I have built MPD with this feature enabled. Will need to update my build environments because of upstream changes with MPD. Will build the new MPD with this option then. Making a note in Gitlab just in case I forget.

I try to build it myself. It connects to the server but no sound. Proberly it is a problem in the config file,. Connecting the output device to alsa, can find nowhere information to do that the right way? 
sudo aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: UD301 [TEAC UD-301], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

The config file:​
general =
{
  name = "Front Room"; 
  ignore_volume_control = "yes";
 volume_range_db = 60 ;
};