Amanero usb module on ess9029pro
Hi,
I have a Indian brand dac Acoustic potrait thiyaga v2 based on ESS9028 Pro which uses amanero usb module. The problem i am facing is when i do upsampling in snake oil MPD it is showing"no clock" and no output from speakers. when stopped playing it is showing oversampling value.
plz let me know whats wrong in my system.

Is Snakeoil has UAC2 compliant kernel

thanks regards.

(28-Jul-2021, 11:31 PM)vinaymoturi Wrote: Hi,
I have a Indian brand dac Acoustic potrait thiyaga v2 based on ESS9028 Pro which uses amanero usb module. The problem i am facing is when i do upsampling in snake oil MPD it is showing"no clock" and no output from speakers. when stopped playing it is showing oversampling value.

thanks regards.
Amanero always seems to have issues in the USB kernel. Do you know if this is a official Amanero or a clone, and what firmware you're running this? There are discussions about this somewhere in the forum, see if any of the search threads offer a clue.

Until then, what bitrate are you trying to upsample to?

The USB audio kernel in Linux is USB Audio Class 2. Having said that, there's always compatibility issues with Amanero based chips, but as far as I can remember it's always about native DSD playback. Unsure about upsampling.

Just my 2c, upsampling and oversampling may sound cleaner, but it robs the 'life' from music. The best system I have heard plays 16 bit audio and it's non-oversampling (NOS). Using a TDA1541A single crown Dutch chip, fed straight via I2S. I have yet to hear anything as good as that, even DSD on the best DACs I have experienced so far pales in comparison to that when we talk about the realism of the vocals and timbre of instruments.

Having said that, oversampling probably can't be avoided today. Upsampling can help in some cases. But I hope one day the audio industry will get back to the basics of music re-production, properly.. Sorry for the rant. Smile
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

(29-Jul-2021, 08:16 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(28-Jul-2021, 11:31 PM)vinaymoturi Wrote: Hi,

thanks regards.
Amanero always seems to have issues in the USB kernel. Do you know if this is a official Amanero or a clone, and what firmware you're running this? There are discussions about this somewhere in the forum, see if any of the search threads offer a clue.

Until then, what bitrate are you trying to upsample to?

The USB audio kernel in Linux is USB Audio Class 2. Having said that, there's always compatibility issues with Amanero based chips, but as far as I can remember it's always about native DSD playback. Unsure about upsampling.

Just my 2c, upsampling and oversampling may sound cleaner, but it robs the 'life' from music. The best system I have heard plays 16 bit audio and it's non-oversampling (NOS). Using a TDA1541A single crown Dutch chip, fed straight via I2S. I have yet to hear anything as good as that, even DSD on the best DACs I have experienced so far pales in comparison to that when we talk about the realism of the vocals and timbre of instruments.

Having said that, oversampling probably can't be avoided today. Upsampling can help in some cases. But I hope one day the audio industry will get back to the basics of music re-production, properly.. Sorry for the rant. Smile

I am using following kernel

4.19.37-rt19-amd64-snakeoil-20190512

(30-Jul-2021, 11:42 PM)vinaymoturi Wrote: I am using following kernel

4.19.37-rt19-amd64-snakeoil-20190512
This works with USB Audio Class 2 devices. Having said that, Amanero is quirky. Are you using the official board, or a clone, and what firmware? There're details in the forums on this somewhere, see if you can search for it.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!