Another year passed, what control are you using?
Another year has passed and I'm still very happy with the sound quality I get from snake oil.

However I am still searching for that perfect remote. For Android and iphone but mainly Android.

I am using the mpd, or umpdcli with minimserver... I got myself lost in that at one point. I should do a re install with my new motherboard

I would love to be able to control snake oil, tidal, spotify and possibly other things from one app.
What are you all using? I know most people on this forum are big on minserver. It's just a difficult one to get my family to use.. they are very unintuitive
[-] The following 1 user Likes anewmission's post:
  • mkysimes

(26-Oct-2020, 12:23 PM)anewmission Wrote: Another year has passed and I'm still very happy with the sound quality I get from snake oil.

However I am still searching for that perfect remote. For Android and iphone but mainly Android.

I am using the mpd, or umpdcli with minimserver... I got myself lost in that at one point. I should do a re install with my new motherboard

I would love to be able to control snake oil, tidal, spotify and possibly other things from one app.
What are you all using? I know most people on this forum are big on minserver. It's just a difficult one to get my family to use.. they are very unintuitive

To me, MPD with NFS produces the best sound.  uPnp can't produces such sound.  But sadly there are some players accept upnp rather then NFS, as upnp it is supported widely in streaming and OPENHome.

(26-Oct-2020, 01:43 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote:
(26-Oct-2020, 12:23 PM)anewmission Wrote: Another year has passed and I'm still very happy with the sound quality I get from snake oil.

To me, MPD with NFS produces the best sound.  uPnp can't produces such sound.  But sadly there are some players accept upnp rather then NFS, as upnp it is supported widely in streaming and OPENHome.

How do I setup mpd with nfs? Nfs as in Unix network file sharing?

(26-Oct-2020, 05:09 PM)anewmission Wrote:

Would you please tell me where is your music file stored?  NAS?  PC?  USB DRIVE?  Or in the same PC which is installed with SnakeOil OS?  Smile

(27-Oct-2020, 10:15 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote:

Would you please tell me where is your music file stored?  NAS?  PC?  USB DRIVE?  Or in the same PC which is installed with SnakeOil OS?  Smile

A bunch of hdd connected to a kodi libreelec ubuntu machine that is always on.
.what I would really love to be able to do is walk from room to room and change what music I want.. from on app

I have one dedicated snake oil machine in my dedicated music room and then 2 network receivers in different rooms which will also play dsd though I haven't been able to get them to through upnp. Only straight f on searching for the file within the receivers gui.

Bubbleupnp won't work with the receivers at all, however a few other apps do but they are very clunky and non user friendly at all

(27-Oct-2020, 10:35 AM)anewmission Wrote:

.what I would really love to be able to do is walk from room to room and change what music I want.. from on app

I have one dedicated snake oil machine in my dedicated music room and then 2 network receivers in different rooms which will also play dsd though I haven't been able to get them to through upnp. Only straight f on searching for the file within the receivers gui.

Bubbleupnp won't work with the receivers at all, however a few other apps do but they are very clunky and non user friendly at all

In your " kodi libreelec ubuntu machine" I assume you've already mounted those hdds to a folder.  I'd like to suggest you set up a NFS server at your kodi ubunut and set this folder into the NFS server for sharing.  You may find this link https://www.tecmint.com/install-nfs-server-on-ubuntu/ useful.  I followed this link to turn SnakeOil OS into my music file server with excellent audio improvement over Synology NAS.  Both of them are powered by LPS.

And then in the player Snakeoil OS machine, please follow Agent Kith's wiki https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Configu...ic-library to mount your music file server.

Here I hope you're experienced to play with MPD, and know how to use app to update the info.   If not, you may start with our great Agent Kith's wiki https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd .   In my experience, the best desktop mpd client app is https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases , and the Best android mpd client app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=USSmile

(27-Oct-2020, 11:24 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote:
(26-Oct-2020, 01:43 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: To me, MPD with NFS produces the best sound.  uPnp can't produces such sound.  But sadly there are some players accept upnp rather then NFS, as upnp it is supported widely in streaming and OPENHome.

In your " kodi libreelec ubuntu machine" I assume you've already mounted those hdds to a folder.  I'd like to suggest you set up a NFS server at your kodi ubunut and set this folder into the NFS server for sharing.  You may find this link https://www.tecmint.com/install-nfs-server-on-ubuntu/ useful.  I followed this link to turn SnakeOil OS into my music file server with excellent audio improvement over Synology NAS.  Both of them are powered by LPS.

And then in the player Snakeoil OS machine, please follow Agent Kith's wiki https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Configu...ic-library to mount your music file server.

Here I hope you're experienced to play with MPD, and know how to use app to update the info.   If not, you may start with our great Agent Kith's wiki https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd .   In my experience, the best desktop mpd client app is https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases , and the Best android mpd client app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=USSmile

Do any of these have tidal integrated?

(29-Oct-2020, 07:37 AM)anewmission Wrote:
(27-Oct-2020, 11:24 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote:
(26-Oct-2020, 05:09 PM)anewmission Wrote: How do I setup mpd with nfs? Nfs as in Unix network file sharing?

Do any of these have tidal integrated?

I didn’t touch Tidal. Sorry! Smile

If I purchase roon, is it just going to be a remote where I can use mpd server and tidal in an integrated app?

I wish there was a way to get mpd working on kodi as the yatse app is great.

Or maybe I should set it as my goal for 2021, to make an app that caters for all snake oil. Like a frontend