[BETA] v0.1.5-pre-release-20160801
Apologies for the delay, went away for a few weeks overseas to meet up with family and friends. Here's another pre-release for people who want the latest and greatest.

Also, to improve on organisation (hopefully), I have locked the previous beta threads and kept this open. And this thread will be closed again when the next pre-release or the final 0.1.5 is released.

CHANGELOG
Changes since v0.1.5-pre-release-20160619 
  • Allow you to change your hostname (info)
  • Updated squeezelite.ralph and mpd-git to latest version
  • Added php file manager
  • Allow upgrade of generic firmware and deb for all architectures
  • Always repair NTFS partitions before mounting them (info)
  • Fixed broken apt installs (info). If you find kernel upgrades are not working, please re-apply this fix.
  • Clarify the difference between forum activation and Snakeoil web app activation
  • Some width and size changes to the web app
DOWNLOAD

.fw   snakeoil-0.1.5-pre-release-20160801-i686.fw (Size: 18.6 MB / Downloads: 15)
.fw   snakeoil-0.1.5-pre-release-20160801-amd64.fw (Size: 19.06 MB / Downloads: 29)

VIDEO
Follow this video if you don't know how to upgrade firmware:
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Thanks Agent Kith for the new beta.

I can't see or hear any difference but it all works perfectly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes a.dent's post:
  • agent_kith

Many thanks for your dedication! Look forward checking this out on my new build DIY server. I will call it "SuperSonic" all in one server.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chanh's post:
  • agent_kith

(06-Aug-2016, 10:22 PM)Chanh Wrote: Many thanks for your dedication! Look forward checking this out on my new build DIY server. I will call it "SuperSonic" all in one server.

Is the negative of the 12+ V and 5+ V common, and are they earthed on the PSU side?  One thing I like about the JS-2 is the isolation of mains earth. So wondering if your AIO is doing the same thing.

For some reason (looking at my KillerDAC) with multiple grounding paths my system has a much higher noise floor [Image: think.png] .

Something to test again when you are back.

Multiples psu' grounding is never an issue, it is the quality of a particular psu(s) to begin with.

My SOtM is powering by multiple power sources. Separate circuit 12vdc and 5vdc uncommon upstream throughout sound fantastic! May be you should revisit a diligent reassessment on your KDAC? After all - it was done long time ago, where all electronics like caps had their useb by date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late release of new betas. Really flat out at my new work as I've got a lot of things to catch up on professional wise.

Here is a sneak preview of a new feature for the next pre-release! Guess what it's doing? Obviously stuffs are still incomplete but more players will appear in here soon. Have no idea how to install RoonBridge or other stuffs? Fret not as it'd be a simple click of the button in the future!

Obviously this will be an experimental feature so will be hidden in the Snakeoil tab, and when eventually it gets stable enough it wlll be moved to a public accessible tab.

[Image: preview.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • psergy

This is great stuff - Agent_Kith!
I have always wanted to delete those player(s) most the time never get using. Still enjoy the JRiver for Linux if that is still a possibility addon feature, of course paid legal copy license. Paid for my master licence and often not get use enough since the date, Snakeoil was surfaced!

Great Job mate! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(25-Aug-2016, 06:31 AM)Chanh Wrote: This is great stuff - Agent_Kith!
I have always wanted to delete those player(s) most the time never get using. Still enjoy the JRiver for Linux if that is still a possibility addon feature, of course paid legal copy license. Paid for my master licence and often not get use enough since the date, Snakeoil was surfaced!

Great Job mate! [emoji106]
JRMC20 and 21 is already supported with this current beta release. The next update will support 22.

The installation will be manual for JRMC though, i.e. download the installation deb file, transfer it manually to the Snakeoil computer, install the deb file by ssh in, and finally fix any dependency issues if needed. Uninstall is also going to be a manual process.

Once installed, JRiver will show up in the player list.