Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to run Snakeoil?
I have a usb dac. Would the sound quality of usb of a thin client still be better than that from a pi?
Pi previous to Pi4 shared the USB and ethernet bus. Pi4 has separate USB and Ethernet.

Both Pi and Thin-clients are computers and Snakeoil the player...they serve bits to your USB DAC.

The DAC will have more bearing on SQ than the type of computer used.

What Thin-client are you contemplating ? Does it come complete with Ram, SSD, and power supply ? otherwise you will have to source those. $$$
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • hkphantomgtr
(05-Aug-2021, 04:51 AM)Bromf Wrote: Pi previous to Pi4 shared the USB and ethernet bus. Pi4 has separate USB and Ethernet.

Both Pi and Thin-clients are computers and Snakeoil the player...they serve bits to your USB DAC.

The DAC will have more bearing on SQ than the type of computer used.

What Thin-client are you contemplating ? Does it come complete with Ram, SSD, and power supply ? otherwise you will have to source those. $$$

Sorry for late reply - was away most times.....

The thin client i am contemplating is the HP T520 with 4GB ram and 16GB SSD. It comes with a brick power supply.

I hope this will sound better than the rpi4?

Bookmarks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can snakeoil use kkbox streaming? fliptoback 4 31 15-Aug-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: fliptoback
  Snakeoil OS - is 7.1 multichannel HDMI audio supported soil_1 3 199 14-May-2021, 07:57 AM
Last Post: agent_kith
  What is your favourite player under Snakeoil? koko6969koki 4 1,096 10-May-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: agent_kith