Help  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Bug in networking tab of the snake-oil webinterface


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
 
#1
I've decided to start fresh from scratch with the new snakeoil 1.1.0 on two different computers.
Since I use static IP adresses for my audio machines decided to do so also this time. I can switch from dhcp to static, enter the address, subnet, dns etc. Reboot the machine. It has the right IP address but the snakeoil webinterface still shows dhcp for networking. ifconfig also shows the correct output and a IP-6 address also which is nowhere in the webinterface. Tested this on two totally different machines, same result. Minor bug?

And also, since I've got one board with 2 nic's deciced to disable the not used one via the snakeoil webinterface, rebooted, error. Time-out for 5 minutes waiting for the disabled port to come up... Decided to disable the second nic in the bios and reinstall instead of figuring this one out via the networking config file's.

Edwin.
 Reply
#2
(15-Aug-2018, 03:31 AM) EdwinM Wrote: I've decided to start fresh from scratch with the new snakeoil 1.1.0 on two different computers.
Since I use static IP adresses for my audio machines decided to do so also this time. I can switch from dhcp to static, enter the address, subnet, dns etc. Reboot the machine. It has the right IP address but the snakeoil webinterface still shows dhcp for networking. ifconfig also shows the correct output and a IP-6 address also which is nowhere in the webinterface. Tested this on two totally different machines, same result. Minor bug?

Thanks Edwin, will look into this. Yes, there is no IPv6 user interface as yet as I do not have IPv6 setup at home. And the reason for that is kindda weird (IPv6 is not supported by my Internet Service Provider).

As for the incorrect DHCP/static option, i'd see what is wrong and fix it in Blind Testing U1.

(15-Aug-2018, 03:31 AM) EdwinM Wrote: And also, since I've got one board with 2 nic's deciced to disable the not used one via the snakeoil webinterface, rebooted, error. Time-out for 5 minutes waiting for the disabled port to come up... Decided to disable the second nic in the bios and reinstall instead of figuring this one out via the networking config file's.

Edwin.

I'd look into this too. thanks for the report.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
 Reply
#3
Apologies for taking so long. Have identifed the issue (missed a space!).

This will be fixed in Blind Testing Update 1. Just have to finish up the Raspberry Pi stuffs first before releasing this update. Again my thanks for reporting the bug.:).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
 Reply
 
SnakeoilOS Mission
[-]

Our mission is to create a free to use computer OS that is easy to install, intuitive to operate and play music that will connect and engage with you emotionally.

SnakeoilOS gives you the freedom to spend more time on listening, enjoying and exploring music. Wasting time on computers is now a thing of the past! Everything is constantly evolving/improving. Please check back often for updates.

If you like this project, do show your support with a small token donation. All donations collected will be used to run this website, and for purchasing new equipment for the project.

Latest Threads
[-]
Advertising
[-]
 

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)