Convolver for DRC
(10-Apr-2019, 08:11 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Apr-2019, 07:25 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: It turns out to be relatively easy to get convolution going with Minimserver. Steps:
  • Enable Minimserver in Snakeoil
  • Update ffmpeg to version 4.1 under the hood
  • On laptop, install Minimwatch, which monitors Minimserver instances
  • Using Minimwatch, install Minimstreamer (Packages tab)
  • Using Minimwatch, in System tab, follow Convolution instructions  to set up
Nice work! Apologies as I've been really slack on this (one man show makes it hard to balance everything).

I'll try and automate this in U5. Thumbs Up

Not chasing (since I know how to do it), but this did not make your U5 list.  Perhaps U6?   

When I first posted in this thread, I mentioned that there was also a package for Convolution
https://convofs.net
I could not get this work (no audio) but perhaps this is a better all round solution which is supposed to work with other music players as well?

(08-May-2019, 10:31 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Not chasing (since I know how to do it), but this did not make your U5 list.  Perhaps U6?   

When I first posted in this thread, I mentioned that there was also a package for Convolution
I could not get this work (no audio) but perhaps this is a better all round solution which is supposed to work with other music players as well? 
That will be U6 or later. Will have to rethink how player selection and configuration is working.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(08-May-2019, 01:10 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(08-May-2019, 10:31 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:  
That will be U6 or later. Will have to rethink how player selection and configuration is working.
Not an issue for U6 or later...  I have something already working.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • agent_kith

Am running room correction using Snakeoil on an Intel NUC box.  Results are excellent, with improved resolution, more precise placement of instruments and a wider, deeper sound stage.  The end result depends on the convolution filters used (topic for another day!).

Process to get convolution running in SnakeOil; requires a reasonable box.  In a future release, Agent Kith may automate steps 1 & 2.
  1. Enable Minimserver in SnakeOil (select in Activated version, install manually otherwise)
  2. Install ffmpeg
    • Open Terminal in instance (or SSH into instance)
    • sudo apt update
    • sudo apt install software-properties-common
    • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/ffmpeg-4
    • sudo apt install ffmpeg
    • ffmpeg -version (should be 4.1 or later)
  3. Install Minimwatch on PC and run
  4. Using Minimwatch/Properties, set up convolution

[Image: image.png]
    In contentDir, set up music folders (which should have been setup in SnakeOil)

Install Minimstreamer (screenshot shows completed process)

Enter convolution parameters.  stream.converter should be ffmpeg.  Add in stream.options, stream.transcode, see Minimstreamer doc.  Note the semi colon in stream.transcode to convert flac to wav. Convolution works only for wav files and a semi colon forces transcoding to be done in ffmpeg.
  5. To set the convolution filters, easiest is to follow this Roon guide
  6. Will need a UPnP controller e.g. BubbleUPnP (Google Play) and a UPnP renderer.
[-] The following 2 users Like Snoopy8's post:
  • patricia1066, Bromf

(01-Apr-2019, 05:39 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Would like to revive this thread. Minimserver now has a section on convolution
https://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html...0filtering

There is also a package for Convolution

Can either be used to add Convolution to the Snakeoil environment, without a user having to go under the hood?

As a follow up, please ignore ConvoFS.  It was supposed to work with LMS, but a library scan took many hours and ended up crashing.  Plus, it takes up a lot more grunt than Minimserver with Convolution.

Great work @Snoopy8 .

I have several questions if you would be so kind as to indulge me.
Does Minimserver support vst so I can install https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/english/plugin/
Does Minimserver support convolution of Tidal streaming?
If not what other Snakeoil OS supported player(s) support vst and Tidal?
Has the Minimserver ffmpeg install been automated yet?

Thank you!

(23-Apr-2020, 09:16 PM)nonsynchro Wrote:
Great work @Snoopy8 .

I have several questions if you would be so kind as to indulge me.
Does Minimserver support vst so I can install https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/english/plugin/
Does Minimserver support convolution of Tidal streaming?
If not what other Snakeoil OS supported player(s) support vst and Tidal?
Has the Minimserver ffmpeg install been automated yet?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the late reply (I do not check the forum everyday).

Minimserver does not use VST and can only do so, if and when ffmpeg, supports it (and this was reply from developer). Another no for convolution and Tidal. Not sure that any other player in SnakeoilOS does VST?  FFmpeg is installed with MinimServer in SnakeOilOS, but if you do a standlone install, than you will need to install.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • nonsynchro