Final Maintenance Update for 0.1.x series - v0.1.5d (Power Cable)
This will be the final release for the v0.1.x series. This branch will not be maintained any more. In this final version, you'd see the details of your Snakeoil Activation Information. You can copy them out and re-enter it in the Snakeoil 1.0.0 when it is released.

Download

.fw   snakeoil-0.1.5d-i686.fw (Size: 27.98 MB / Downloads: 3) (MD5: 6f2ca43433b94d6a9b09fe96c36248bf)

.fw   snakeoil-0.1.5d-amd64.fw (Size: 29.49 MB / Downloads: 21) (MD5: 872c78bbc997128dfb97ea0f604173a7)

What's New? 
  • Added Squeezelite-R2
  • Show registration information 
Official Changelog here (basically just the above two things LOL).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

That was super quick ! R2 appeared mere hours after my enquiry !!

I have installed the update and selected R2.

For the hardware I am using this would be the best player I have tried.
I am using the associated C-3PO plug-in for re-sampling.
I know it is no longer bit-perfect but I feel the up-sampling and filtering in software is way better than the Dac's internal resample !

The only problem is that it will resample 44.1kHz cd rips but not mp3 and radio streams.
Has to be a missing package associated with mp3 ?? (it up-samples on Daphile )
I have added ffmpeg and lame and updated sox but still not getting mp3 resampling to work.
Filetypes in LMS show mp3 as Native with no other option.

As this is an 0.1 install I am quite happy to add and trial so any suggestions appreciated.

Okay, about to try adding the ubuntu restricted extras for codec support...... breakage ahoy captn ! :-)

Edit:...  nothing broken.... though mp3s are still not upsampled.
On reflection this may be the plugins failing as using the command line options -u vLX::6:28 in both  the ralph-git and the R2 versions give full upsampling.  Using this as default until I can figure out why the C-3PO plugin won't do mp3s...

(08-Jun-2017, 08:07 AM)Bromf Wrote: Edit:...  nothing broken.... though mp3s are still not upsampled.
On reflection this may be the plugins failing as using the command line options -u vLX::6:28 in both  the ralph-git and the R2 versions give full upsampling.  Using this as default until I can figure out why the C-3PO plugin won't do mp3s...
Interesting that MP3 isn't work with C-3PO. Which ones did you install? libmp3, libmad, libavcodec (probably more?). Add them all, then restart LMS and see if anything shows up?

And I just get the C-3PO and R2 meaning... Brain not fully functional yesterday...  [Image: bird.gif]

Nope none of those as they don't seem to be available in 0.1 series  (14.04)

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libmp3,
E: Unable to locate package libmad,
E: Unable to locate package libavcodec

also, after your recent advice to do sudo apt-get dist-upgrade there is an error with a package not upgraded...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libpam-systemd:amd64
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

(08-Jun-2017, 09:49 AM)Bromf Wrote: Nope none of those as they don't seem to be available in 0.1 series  (14.04)

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libmp3,
E: Unable to locate package libmad,
E: Unable to locate package libavcodec
Try something like
Code:
sudo apt-cache libmp3
And see if there is a proper name, I'd double check when I get back.

(08-Jun-2017, 09:49 AM)Bromf Wrote: also, after your recent advice to do sudo apt-get dist-upgrade there is an error with a package not upgraded...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libpam-systemd:amd64
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Is that the only line? What's the full message? Try and see if the following works:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

14.04 support have ceased, so perhaps the packages are no longer working well now.

Ubuntu Bug with 'Won't Fix' ..... Typical Ubuntu...;-) No problem as we're all going to the new Snakeoil :-) I will ignore it meantime.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...omments/59

(08-Jun-2017, 11:50 AM)Bromf Wrote: Ubuntu Bug with 'Won't Fix' ..... Typical Ubuntu...;-) No problem as we're all going to the new Snakeoil :-) I will ignore it meantime.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...omments/59

[Image: xd.gif] What a funny response from them. Big Grin So far 16.04.2 LTS looks pretty good and fast, will audition the sound quality proper later this weekend.

I think I've found the problem with C-3PO...it needs a different version of sox.
I have followed this howto...
https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=6

However Snakeoil LMS was looking for sox in /usr/bin/ and not       (oops automatic code tags...hate that! Can't find a way to undo. I know when I want code tags..why does this infernal bbcode version do it automatically ???)

/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/ as per the tutorial.

So I amended by cd to /usr/bin/ and ran...

sudo rm sox && wget https://audiodigitale.eu/repo/sox/sox-ds...-gnu-amd64

sox was removed and the new version downloaded but it wasn't installed and threw this error..

Connecting to audiodigitale.eu (audiodigitale.eu)|37.59.11.98|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3185432 (3.0M)
sox-dsd-linux-gnu-amd64.1: Permission denied
Cannot write to ‘sox-dsd-linux-gnu-amd64.1’ (Success).

now sox is removed and LMS/C-3PO complains sox not found... Blush

Permissions ?? any hints as to how to fix this ?? Smile

Fixed the coding for you. Not sure what happened either, never have that problem before.

Pretty sure LMS will use it's own sox, so you'd need to do it in the LMS directory, and not /usr/bin.

You forgot sudo in your second command, so do something like

Code:
sudo wget sox-dsd-linux-gnu-amd64

I wonder if I should do this now for the 1.0.0 ISO, or have it as a module..... :think:

(09-Jun-2017, 10:16 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Fixed the coding for you. Not sure what happened either, never have that problem before.

Pretty sure LMS will use it's own sox, so you'd need to do it in the LMS directory, and not /usr/bin.
Nope, C-3PO settings show the folder where sox is  and it is specified as  /usr/bin/

You forgot sudo in your second command, so do something like
Nope, the first command had sudo,removed sox but couldn't write... tried again to make sure...

Code:
sudo wget sox-dsd-linux-gnu-amd64

I wonder if I should do this now for the 1.0.0 ISO, or have it as a module..... Think

Reinstalled sox. Works as before... closer and closer.... just need that sox version for C-3PO and some way to install it... like a ppa.