Help  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

General Website Update/Upgrade Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Been delaying this for a while now. But finally applied the forum upgrade. Hopefully nothing's broken....
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf
seems to be working fine !..... either my isp or the upgrade but I feel it is faster in page rendering...???
(01-Sep-2018, 03:25 PM) Bromf Wrote: seems to be working fine !..... either my isp or the upgrade but I feel it is faster in page rendering...???

Probably the ISP. The website havn't been optimised yet.. Will try to do this soonish.
Probably matters to a few people only, but this website is now officially on IPv6. This means if you're using IPv6 at home (or at work), surfing this website will be this much quicker.

[Image: IPv6-Ready.png]

Wihle this may appear trivial, it's a future proofing step. And I have certainly learnt a lot of new things doing this migration. Things that will be important when I start to roll out a long promised feature - allow you guys to do a few simple clicks to get a custom kernel (and ISO).

That's still to come, but in the meantime, if you experience problems with this site, please shoot me a message. Thanks.
The blog and the forums are now available in IPv6. If you're using IPv6 the browsing experience should be a lot quicker now.

Also signed up for cloudflare and have begun to transfer the domain from my previous Registrar to Cloudflare. The process apparently will take 5 days. Don't expect any problems but we never know as this is that crazy time of the year.

If you see any weird problems please report them here. thanks.
(14-Dec-2018, 04:11 PM) agent_kith Wrote: Also signed up for cloudflare and have begun to transfer the domain from my previous Registrar to Cloudflare. The process apparently will take 5 days. Don't expect any problems but we never know as this is that crazy time of the year.

That was a really stressful 5 day wait as the cloudflare transfer process is really vague. Half the time I don't really know if I'm gonna lose this domain or not...

But it's done, domain is now on cloudflare. The transfer is complete as of this morning. Whew

With this ends the huge network restrcturing that consumed most of my time for the past 1-2 months. ANd with this I can finally start work on something new for the year - online form for you to get your custom kernels (without waiting for me). <- Watch this space!
That sounds like a fantastic fun project !!
Just remember to take some time out for you and your beloveds   Heart ....... Have a very well deserved chrissy break  and kick back by the pool.... (no crocs in Perth...right ??)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • agent_kith
(20-Dec-2018, 02:48 PM) Bromf Wrote: That sounds like a fantastic fun project !!
Just remember to take some time out for you and your beloveds   Heart ....... Have a very well deserved chrissy break  and kick back by the pool.... (no crocs in Perth...right ??)

And to you too.. Smile As for crocs, Nup, but mozzies, midgets, flies and other flying creatures - there're armies of 'em out here. Confused Confused Confused
Quote:As for crocs, Nup, but mozzies, midgets, flies and other flying creatures - there're armies of 'em out here.

Flamethrower !   

Way back when Wink ...there was a record cleaning product called "Jet-Groove'..... an (isopropyl ?) alcohol spray-can cleaner....

With the old Bic-Flick and a can of Jet-Groove every Barbie was free of flying pests.....and if it wasn't, then at least they were barbied too... Smile....mind you there were a few fewer houses too as a result... Wink
Started 2019 with a bang - a 39.8 degree Celsius fever. Apologies I couldn't answer the more complicated emails the past few days, will do so when I get back. Plus my plans for Blind Testing Update 2.
SnakeoilOS Mission
[-]

Our mission is to create a free to use computer OS that is easy to install, intuitive to operate and play music that will connect and engage with you emotionally.

SnakeoilOS gives you the freedom to spend more time on listening, enjoying and exploring music. Wasting time on computers is now a thing of the past! Everything is constantly evolving/improving. Please check back often for updates.

If you like this project, do show your support with a small token donation. All donations collected will be used to run this website, and for purchasing new equipment for the project.

Latest Threads
[-]
Advertising
[-]