How to Unmount a Library
Hi.  This is my current installation snapshot

[Image: snoil2.png]

When I first installed Snakeoil, I just wanted to experiment and created a Library Partition on the same drive as the OS.
Now, I just added a new drive to the system and want to use the entirety of the new drive to store my library.

[Image: snoil-library.png]

However, I cannot figure out how to wipe and unmount (ie: remove) the original Library partition, and instead ONLY use the new drive as my library going forward.  To be extra clear, when I browse the server from a Windows PC, a want the "music" folder to point to the new drive library, not the old experimental Library partition.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

thx

Have you copied any music to your snakeoil PC? If you havn't, just click on that "/dev/sdb" button,

Set up that to something like this (leave the "Mount point" options blank), and that new SSD/HDD will be mounted straight as your music library. Like so:

[Image: Mount-Point.png]

(Note, the media could be /dev/sdb or /dev/sdb1, it depends on whether there is a partition or not).

If you already have existing music, put a name in the "mount point" field, and the disk will be mounted under that named folder. Once you have done so, go to Windows File Sharing, copy all your music into that new named folder. When you are done, remove the "mount point" field and click save again and everything should be setup the way you want.

(Hopefully you understood what I'm trying to say above :p, it looks confusing as i read it, but I hope you can get the gist).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(19-Jul-2019, 01:05 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Have you copied any music to your snakeoil PC? If you havn't, just click on that "/dev/sdb" button,

Set up that to something like this (leave the "Mount point" options blank), and that new SSD/HDD will be mounted straight as your music library. Like so:

[Image: Mount-Point.png]

(Note, the media could be /dev/sdb or /dev/sdb1, it depends on whether there is a partition or not).

If you already have existing music, put a name in the "mount point" field, and the disk will be mounted under that named folder. Once you have done so, go to Windows File Sharing, copy all your music into that new named folder. When you are done, remove the "mount point" field and click save again and everything should be setup the way you want.

(Hopefully you understood what I'm trying to say above :p, it looks confusing as i read it, but I hope you can get the gist).

@agent_kith hi, thanks for the fast reply.  I'm not following though. 
* the music files I copied to the OS drive (my current/original Library) are irrelevant  -- it was just for experimentation
* i can easily mount the new drive, but I do not see a way to _remove_ the current/original Library.  There is no Remove button adjacent to a mounted partition.
* i want the new drive to be the only library

Said differently, how do I "go back in time" to before I created the current/original Library?

(19-Jul-2019, 02:02 PM)jaynyc Wrote: Said differently, how do I "go back in time" to before I created the current/original Library?
Click on the "/dev/sdb1" button, it will automatically populate the mount, remove the contents in the "Mount point" field, hit save. That will do it. Thumbs Up . If you load up your media players now, your existing music will all disappear. And you're on a blank slate, or whatever music is already in /dev/sdb1.

If you delete the /dev/sdb1 mount, you will get back to your current state now.

In other words. let's say you current have these songs in your Snakeoil PC (song1, song2, song3), and your new HDD is blank. When you add /dev/sdb1, you have no songs. But when you delete this mount point, your 3 songs will reappear.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!