Installation problem
Rudy81 you are quite the distro hopper..... Smile  
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...50724.html

Daphile (great distro, use it for its ripping capabilities Wink )  is closed in as much as you can't make modifications, or add, to the underlying o/s.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...37816.html

(21-Oct-2019, 11:09 AM)Bromf Wrote: Rudy81 you are quite the distro hopper..... Smile  
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...50724.html

Daphile (great distro, use it for its ripping capabilities Wink )  is closed in as much as you can't make modifications, or add, to the underlying o/s.

Only because I wanted to get away from Windows 10 and didn't know where to go.  I started looking at Volumio and Raspberry Pi, but decided I would be better served keeping my machine and finding a system that worked within that hardware.  That led me to Euphony, which worked very well on first install, but the price is pretty outrageous for software that only runs audio. I did find the Euphony audio was not nearly as good as what I heard with SnakeOil or Daphile. 

That experience led me to search for an OS dedicated to audio, which puts SnakeOil at the top of the OS list.  I truly did spend 12 hours trying to make things work.  I tried BIOS changes and did lots of research on the issue.  I did find some threads on this forum which led me to realize what the problem was.  Sadly, I just don't have the time to lean Linux at this stage of my life. So, I need something that mostly works in the system I have. 

I love the possibilities with SnakeOil and will be following your progress.  The available instruction, FAQ, forum and overall explanations for this product are better than any I have seen thus far.  I did appreciate the fact that you run open source, which gives one a sense of 'safety' in the software.  If I knew anything about Linux and how to make changes this OS would be perfect.

Today, while I waited for your responses, I loaded Daphile. It was up and running in short order and I had no issues at all.  Sound is excellent from the little I have heard.  I have not done any critical listening, but plan to do so this week. 

I do love the dedicated system for audio. No Windows overhead and simple players. Keep up the great work and as I said, I will be looking for progress that will allow me to use JRiver with SnakeOil.

Again, thank you for all the help and your efforts in this worthwhile endeavor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rudy81's post:
  • Bromf

(21-Oct-2019, 10:11 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 09:30 PM)Rudy81 Wrote: If we can get this to work permanently, I will then focus on getting HDMI to work and installing Jriver. 
These will be fixed in U8. The always mute feature, as well support for JRiver 25.

Will need to juggle things around as I'm in the middle of a big coding change on the Snakeoil WebApp atm.
Do you have any idea when U8 will be available? I am not happy with any of the other options I have tried and would like to use SankeOil and Jriver together.

(08-Nov-2019, 05:20 AM)Rudy81 Wrote: Do you have any idea when U8 will be available? I am not happy with any of the other options I have tried and would like to use SankeOil and Jriver together.
Looking at the roadmap currently, I'm still just over 50% complete. As shown, scheduled for early Dec, but not entirely confident if I'll make it or not.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(08-Nov-2019, 07:46 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(08-Nov-2019, 05:20 AM)Rudy81 Wrote: Do you have any idea when U8 will be available? I am not happy with any of the other options I have tried and would like to use SankeOil and Jriver together.
Looking at the roadmap currently, I'm still just over 50% complete. As shown, scheduled for early Dec, but not entirely confident if I'll make it or not.

Thank you. I'll keep checking.