Issue: RoonBridge | Pi | 1.2.0
New user here (so apologies for basic questions). I've installed 1.2.0 (gear isolation) onto a Raspberry Pi and am able to get to the web admin page. The problem is that there doesn't appear to be a RoonBridge option under Music Player/Clients and I don't see the unit as an end-point on the Roon Server. An other thread seemed to suggest that RoonBridge might not be installed so I've logged in via SSH and run cat /opt/RoonBridge/VERSION which returns "no such file or directory". How do I get sort out getting the Pi | Snakeoil-OS as a Roon Endpoint? Thanks in advance

From what I can tell it isn't installed initially.  The best way to install looks to be activating the device (which requires a small donation - well worthwhile in supporting this initiative).  That opens up a new menu page of 'Snakeoil Tweaks' that has the controls for the additional music players like Roonbridge.

Snakeoil tweaks just make things easier..

You can also just install RoonBridge as per their instructions and it should show up in the list.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(21-Aug-2021, 08:26 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Snakeoil tweaks just make things easier..

You can also just install RoonBridge as per their instructions and it should show up in the list.

Thanks. I've installed Roon Bridge as per the Roon web-site and, within "Snake-oil Tweaks", Roon Bridge is now shown under "Music Software" with a tick but it's greyed out so I cannot uncheck. I'm assuming that this is all fine but the strange thing is that within Roon the device shows up under "bcm2835 headphones (ALSA)". Is this correct?

(21-Aug-2021, 01:03 PM)Beecham Wrote: Thanks. I've installed Roon Bridge as per the Roon web-site and, within "Snake-oil Tweaks", Roon Bridge is now shown under "Music Software" with a tick but it's greyed out so I cannot uncheck. I'm assuming that this is all fine but the strange thing is that within Roon the device shows up under "bcm2835 headphones (ALSA)". Is this correct?
In Snakeoil tweaks, check means install, and uncheck means uninstall. It's greyed out because you're using it as your current player at the moment.

Switch to another player and you will be able to uninstall it.

As for the device bcm2835, yes if are you going to use the default Pi audio output. Otherwise, somewhere in Roon you can change the audio output device to something else. You should also be able to rename the RoonBridge somewhere. I don't use Roon so unfamiliar on how to do either of these Big Grin. But it can be done from what I can remember.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!