JRiver 27 seg faults in Gear Isolation
(04-Jul-2021, 12:51 AM)Primare11 Wrote: I have now install Ubuntu server 20.04 and Snakeoil 1.2.1 + Jriver 27 on an old NUC5 if have, but it's still the same problem; mediacenter27 segfault 10 error 4. Sad
I have also tried to install both Jriver 25 (that I has running on Snakeoil 1.1) and Jriver 28 but none of them is showing up in the Snakeoil media servers list, so I cant start them.
Is there any way to manually enable Jriver 25 so it starts automatically or manually (just to try to narrow down the problem)?   
or is it possible to add the possibility to enable Jriver 25 and Jriver 28 in the next Snakeoil release?  Thanks
Hmm. Does JRiver work with Ubuntu Desktop? The makers of JRiver don't seem to like Snakeoil, they actually requested that we don't include it in Snakeoil...

For now, maybe check with JRiver and their support and ask them what is wrong? They are much better placed to support you than I can.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(04-Jul-2021, 12:46 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(04-Jul-2021, 12:51 AM)Primare11 Wrote: I have now install Ubuntu server 20.04 and Snakeoil 1.2.1 + Jriver 27 on an old NUC5 if have, but it's still the same problem; mediacenter27 segfault 10 error 4. Sad
I have also tried to install both Jriver 25 (that I has running on Snakeoil 1.1) and Jriver 28 but none of them is showing up in the Snakeoil media servers list, so I cant start them.
Is there any way to manually enable Jriver 25 so it starts automatically or manually (just to try to narrow down the problem)?   
or is it possible to add the possibility to enable Jriver 25 and Jriver 28 in the next Snakeoil release?  Thanks
Hmm. Does JRiver work with Ubuntu Desktop? The makers of JRiver don't seem to like Snakeoil, they actually requested that we don't include it in Snakeoil...

For now, maybe check with JRiver and their support and ask them what is wrong? They are much better placed to support you than I can.

Jriver 27 works if you have installed an desktop, I have tried with Ubuntu 20.04 mini, Debian 10 with LXDE-core and Linux Mint 20, and it starts up in all of them in Vmware with same settings I have listed before.
So Jriver actually asked that Snakeoil shall not support their software?  Huh   I have a hard time to understand that mindset, there where a similar issue a couple of years ago with Jplay and I think that Jriver aculay blocked it i some way, but you are not including or try to crack Jriver, the users still have to install it themself and by a license. If they do things like this they will probably lose some customers that instead move to other music players.
Anyway, I have not given up yet, is there a way that I can modify the Snakeoil media server startup script so I can set Jriver 25 (that is working in Snakeoil 1.1) to start in a similar way to how Jriver 27 starts today?
Maybe I should try MPD out instead in the meantime Smile
Is there a good guide somewhere?
I what to use DoP to my DAC so I can play DSD files.

(04-Jul-2021, 08:36 PM)Primare11 Wrote: Maybe I should try MPD out instead in the meantime Smile
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd

It has a web player called mympd. Best paid Android app is
 https://mafa.indi.software/

While you are at it, you should also try LMS
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players...queezelite

My personal preference is for Mpd but others find it too clinical. It comes down to personal preference.

(05-Jul-2021, 08:02 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(04-Jul-2021, 08:36 PM)Primare11 Wrote: Maybe I should try MPD out instead in the meantime Smile
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd

It has a web player called mympd. Best paid Android app is
 https://mafa.indi.software/

While you are at it, you should also try LMS
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players...queezelite

My personal preference is for Mpd but others find it too clinical. It comes down to personal preference.

Thank's for the suggestion.
I have tried playing to my Project Pre Box S2 Digital DAC for a couple of days, I have tried to play Flac 192 and DSD 64 and the play as the should on the DAC.
The SQ is very similar to Jriver, maybe not so firm in the bass, but that can be the PC also (I'm playing from a NUC5 now instead of the ordinary PC).
One question, is it possible to change the view information in the Squeezer Android app so it shows the sampling rate?

I also tried MPD but it doesn't start, cannot connect to server...

(11-Jul-2021, 11:49 PM)Primare11 Wrote: One question, is it possible to change the view information in the Squeezer Android app so it shows the sampling rate?
You can find out the sampling rate of the current track by clicking on the "3 dots" below the artwork, More Info.

(11-Jul-2021, 11:49 PM)Primare11 Wrote: I also tried MPD but it doesn't start, cannot connect to server...
Are you referring to Mympd? Have you tried MpDroid App? Please provide as much information as possible on the error.

(12-Jul-2021, 09:21 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 11:49 PM)Primare11 Wrote: One question, is it possible to change the view information in the Squeezer Android app so it shows the sampling rate?
You can find out the sampling rate of the current track by clicking on the "3 dots" below the artwork, More Info.
(11-Jul-2021, 11:49 PM)Primare11 Wrote: I also tried MPD but it doesn't start, cannot connect to server...
Are you referring to Mympd? Have you tried MpDroid App? Please provide as much information as possible on the error.
Finally I got MPD to work:
  • Enable MPD (0.22.9) in Snakeoil
  • Select correct USB and choose DoP
  • Start myMDP
  • I get MPD disconnected (same as this https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...t=mpd+host)
  • In MPD connections I have to change MPD host to 127.0.0.1 and specify music folder pathway to /media/music
Now it works, all plays in native format  Smile
I tried MpDroid on Android all works but the covers don't show, I tried to change the setting but no luck.
I also tried MALP and MPD Remote, the covers works but the album navigation is not so good.

(16-Jul-2021, 12:38 AM)Primare11 Wrote: I tried MpDroid on Android all works but the covers don't show, I tried to change the setting but no luck.
It is one of my enduring frustrations with Mpd, that many players do not use the embedded cover art. MPDroid expects a separate cover.jpg in the album folder; and yes, music has to be organised in individual album folders. You will also need to experiment with Settings/Cover Art to see what works.

It was painful to reorganise the music, extract the covers etc. Also,the Android apps have been poor for a long time until MAFA came along. You have to decide whether Mpd's sound quality is better enough to invest the time and effort...

(16-Jul-2021, 12:32 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(16-Jul-2021, 12:38 AM)Primare11 Wrote: I tried MpDroid on Android all works but the covers don't show, I tried to change the setting but no luck.
It is one of my enduring frustrations with Mpd, that many players do not use the embedded cover art. MPDroid expects a separate cover.jpg in the album folder; and yes, music has to be organised in individual album folders. You will also need to experiment with Settings/Cover Art to see what works.

It was painful to reorganise the music, extract the covers etc. Also,the Android apps have been poor for a long time until MAFA came along. You have to decide whether Mpd's sound quality is better enough to invest the time and effort...
All my music sorted in Artist / Year - Album name / Track-nr - Artist - Song-title.flac, and covers as folder.jpg (they are also embedded).
Change to cover.jpg is not an option since I have 8000 albums.
I will try to experiment with the cover art settings and see I can get to work.
Does MAFA work? it's a pay app so I would like to have some good feedback first.

(17-Jul-2021, 12:33 AM)Primare11 Wrote: All my music sorted in Artist / Year - Album name / Track-nr - Artist - Song-title.flac, and covers as folder.jpg (they are also embedded).
hkphantomgtr
Experiment with MPDroid and its cover art standings. I had a lot of fun (NOT!) getting it to work.

MAFA is excellent and the original suggestion came from @hkphantomgtr (thank you).  It is by far the most user friendly interface, and in constant development.
https://mafa.indi.software/todo/

I am looking forward to this on the Todo list: "Support images embedded in audio files"  Smile

(17-Jul-2021, 09:18 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(17-Jul-2021, 12:33 AM)Primare11 Wrote: All my music sorted in Artist / Year - Album name / Track-nr - Artist - Song-title.flac, and covers as folder.jpg (they are also embedded).
hkphantomgtr
Experiment with MPDroid and its cover art standings. I had a lot of fun (NOT!) getting it to work.

MAFA is excellent and the original suggestion came from @hkphantomgtr (thank you).  It is by far the most user friendly interface, and in constant development.
https://mafa.indi.software/todo/

I am looking forward to this on the Todo list: "Support images embedded in audio files"  Smile

Yes!!!
I got the cover art to work in MPDroid, the answer is here https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd in the Folder Art Configuration For Your MPD Client chapter, i.e. RTFM Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Primare11's post:
  • Snoopy8