JRiver 28
Cannot push a new Snakeoil firmware release while the WebApp is in the state of a funk shrug , so here's a module to get JRiver 28 up and running. This module will also replace your VNCServer from tightvnc to tigervnc. This is because the latest version of JRiver (28) requires some extensions that's unsupported by the default VNCServer.

Just download this module, and drop it in the "Install" box under system. Once this module is installed, you should see JRiver 26, JRiver 27 and/or JRiver 28. Note this module only enables the players, you still have to install JRiver separately.
Hit me here if you have any problems, and I'll address 'em straight away Cool.

Attached Files
.fw   jriver28-1.2-amd64.fw (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 29)
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Hi, I downloaded and installed this file and cannot see Jriver in the list of servers / clients, also cannot see it in the snakeoil list of players I can install.

I also followed your advice in the other thread and used the purge -y pulse audio line and this had no impact.

BTW I'm using version 24.0.78 (64 bit). I haven't upgraded since because as far as I can see they've done nothing to improve the sound features since then.

(21-Sep-2021, 09:53 AM)realysm42 Wrote: BTW I'm using version 24.0.78 (64 bit). I haven't upgraded since because as far as I can see they've done nothing to improve the sound features since then.
24! Blush You didn't get into paying for upgrades every other year Money? Gimme a few minutes to rebuild the module to include 24. Be right back.

Updated. Alright, updated the module, can you install that now and let me know?

Thank you for the update sir, I'm trying it now. I noticed an error regarding TigerVNC so coped the noted just incase it helps:

SHA1SUM: 3a3ce5f559703b578c4d30898f199fb5684dac10

Decrypting File: jriver28-1.2-amd64.fw
Please wait, verifying file contents...
Uploaded file is a Snakeoil OS Module

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

Hit:1 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Hit:2 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
Get:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [109 kB]
Hit:5 https://esm.ubuntu.com/infra/ubuntu xenial-infra-security InRelease
Hit:6 https://esm.ubuntu.com/infra/ubuntu xenial-infra-updates InRelease
Fetched 109 kB in 2s (40.9 kB/s)
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
All packages are up to date.

Reading package lists...
Package 'tightvncserver' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Reading package lists...
E: Unable to locate package tigervnc-standalone-server
Install has finished, please click the close button below to exit.

Houston, I think we have lift off - I can see it in the list now and it opened automatically. Aslo can see the DAC again, so presume this is going to work. I'll have a play and report back.

Thanks TJ you're a superstar mate!

(21-Sep-2021, 10:15 AM)realysm42 Wrote: Houston, I think we have lift off - I can see it in the list now and it opened automatically. Aslo can see the DAC again, so presume this is going to work. I'll have a play and report back.

Eek. That might not work, I've replaced tightvnc (uninstall) and trying to install tigervnc. But if that command failed I think your vncserver might not be working.

What OS are you using? Ubuntu 16? Can you SSH into your machine, and run the following:
Code:
apt-cache search tigervnc

(21-Sep-2021, 10:47 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Sep-2021, 10:15 AM)realysm42 Wrote: Houston, I think we have lift off - I can see it in the list now and it opened automatically. Aslo can see the DAC again, so presume this is going to work. I'll have a play and report back.

Eek. That might not work, I've replaced tightvnc (uninstall) and trying to install tigervnc. But if that command failed I think your vncserver might not be working.

What OS are you using? Ubuntu 16? Can you SSH into your machine, and run the following:
Code:
apt-cache search tigervnc

No worries - it's working fine  Shy  

Thank you for fixing it - amazing support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes realysm42's post:
  • agent_kith

Thank you for your hard work @agent_kith  Wink

I was able to successfully test this in a VM with JRiver 28.  Very happy that I'll be able to use this on my music server once installed for real!

@Snoopy8 @Primare11
[-] The following 1 user Likes musicnut23's post:
  • agent_kith

(21-Sep-2021, 08:57 PM)musicnut23 Wrote: Thank you for your hard work @agent_kith  Wink

I was able to successfully test this in a VM with JRiver 28.  Very happy that I'll be able to use this on my music server once installed for real!

@Snoopy8 @Primare11
That's great to hear. Apologies for the delay though Thanks, and thanks for the patience. Past 2 weeks I just had to dedicate all my time for my day job. At least now I'm in between jobs so can commit fully in Snakeoil until then.

BTW, I'm now a fan of Linux containers (Not docker containers). Running Ubuntu, and then with LXC, this allows one to run the music player in a virtual environment (VE) and you can do so at bare metal speeds. After converting all the Snakeoil cloud software from VMs into containers, the improved performance overall is amazing. Unsure what to do with this for now, but it will certainly be something I'll be exploring in Snakeoil in the future for sure. VE is so much better than VM Heart .
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • musicnut23

(21-Sep-2021, 09:40 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Sep-2021, 08:57 PM)musicnut23 Wrote: Thank you for your hard work @agent_kith  Wink

@Snoopy8 @Primare11
That's great to hear. Apologies for the delay though Thanks, and thanks for the patience. Past 2 weeks I just had to dedicate all my time for my day job. At least now I'm in between jobs so can commit fully in Snakeoil until then.

BTW, I'm now a fan of Linux containers (Not docker containers). Running Ubuntu, and then with LXC, this allows one to run the music player in a virtual environment (VE) and you can do so at bare metal speeds. After converting all the Snakeoil cloud software from VMs into containers, the improved performance overall is amazing. Unsure what to do with this for now, but it will certainly be something I'll be exploring in Snakeoil in the future for sure. VE is so much better than VM Heart .
Thank you very much for the JRiver 28 support Thanks Thumbs Up
Just a quick guide how I installed JRiver for any new users:
  1. Copy the Jriver.deb file to your user folder in SnakeOil (In Linux I use FileZilla)
  2. In the SnakeOil terminal write:
    - sudo dpkg -i MediaCenter-28.0.61-amd64.deb  (change the .deb file name as needed)
    then (to fix the dependences)
    - sudo apt --fix-broken install
  3. In SnakeOil web GUI, go to "Music Player", and check "JRiver MC 28", then press "Save and restart player(s)"
  4. Connect to SnakeOil via VNC to setup JRiver (in Linux I use Remmina):
    - Server: “IP-nr”:1
    - Password: Password1
  5. Now JRiver shall appear
  6. Register JRiver with you serial number
  7. Configure JRiver as needed
  8. Smile
Many thanks again for fixing this Thumbs Up
[-] The following 2 users Like Primare11's post:
  • labo, agent_kith

Hi
When I updated to 1.2.2 JRiver 28 stops working Cry
Shall it work or do I have to install jriver28-1.2-amd64.fw?
Please advice so I don't f**k anything up  Thanks