Kernel Builder Updates
Mod: Blanked out as I have no idea if this is spam or not.

(27-May-2022, 08:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Winter is coming in Perth, and I kid you not, it's getting harder and harder to get up in the morningsBlush.

5 a.m. was the wake up time for me in summer, but man now at 7 a.m. and my body still refuse to get out of the warm bed Rolleyes.

Havn't been working on the kernel builder per se, there's some work on updating existing 1.2.x branch of Snakeoil to work better, here are some hilights:
Completed In Progress The copy files feature should be a welcome addition. As usual, you guys can check on the progress in git. Current milestone of 1.2.6 is here. Please keep your bug reports and suggestions coming.  Thumbs Up

Super AK, if your time allows, would you please check the hpet clocksource issue?  I will highly appreciate. Big Grin

Hi @agent_kith ,hope you have been well!?

Just seeing how this project is coming along. 🙂

(11-Jul-2022, 07:47 PM)emptor Wrote: Hi @agent_kith ,hope you have been well!?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Hit some snags, so will need to resolve 'em first. Kernel builder is on hold until 1.2.6 is out.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • emptor

(13-Jul-2022, 07:36 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(11-Jul-2022, 07:47 PM)emptor Wrote: Hi @agent_kith ,hope you have been well!?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Hit some snags, so will need to resolve 'em first. Kernel builder is on hold until 1.2.6 is out.
All good, just wanted to make sure you were ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes emptor's post:
  • agent_kith

All right, for folks who aren't aware, I havn't really started work on kernel builder as I've been working hard on getting 1.2.6 out the door, which is mainly a bug fix release. And a lot of longstanding bugs have been fixed in this latest release. This version is a lot more usable now, give or take Rolleyes.

I will now start to work more on kernel builder.

But other things are happening too - after some thought I have decided to resign from my current workplace (short term contracts) and move to a permanent position. So really for the next few weeks/months I will have to dedicate more time on work than on this project. Basically like what I did around 10 months ago when I have to stop development for a few weeks to focus more on the job.

Until the kernel builder is ready, I think Ubuntu Studio can do a really competent job. Otherwise, you can always compile your own RT kernel.
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • Snoopy8, emptor

(27-Aug-2022, 08:06 PM)agent_kith Wrote: But other things are happening too - after some thought I have decided to resign from my current workplace (short term contracts) and move to a permanent position. So really for the next few weeks/months I will have to dedicate more time on work than on this project. Basically like what I did around 10 months ago when I have to stop development for a few weeks to focus more on the job.
It's been nearly 3 months to that day! In some ways time have flown by quickly, but at the same time, time has dragged on slowly. Both seems true, which is rather contradictory.

Work on kernel builder hasn't really started, I'm still somewhat low on energy and time, and have been busy with lots of different things, mainly work. In fact I think I've only sit down and listen to music once in the past 3 months, and that's only for around 5 minutes. My system still sounds great as ever though. 

The work I'm doing right now is still mainly C++, and the things I have learnt there will no doubt can be applied to the Snakeoil project too, just that I don't have much time right now to really look at Snakeoil right now. Which is fair, because the work pays for my food, and pays off debt Big Grin

Having said that, I'm glad i put in the effort to updating the forum and Wiki. Really like this new forum layout, and I swear I will fix that logo in the top left when I have the time to deal with it. Other than that eye sore I really love the new layout.. Some day will change that logo, but have other pressing thing to do. Unfortuantely the blogging software change will have to be delayed because, well there's no time.

In reality I think I only need 1 to 2 months of full time work (12-14 hours days) to get everything up to what i want... But that's not gonna happen as the Snakeoil project is not my full time job...

Hopefully I can get a good long strech during Christmas to get the major milestones done.

Please get more rest first, and be with your family. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like hkphantomgtr's post:
  • Kjell, agent_kith, criminalzen

Alright. Work has official begun.[Image: cheer1.gif]

Here's the progress so far. Still a lot of work to do, but at least have officially broken ground on this.

[Image: Kernel-Builder-Early-Stages.png]
That's probably it for now, as I spent half this morning updating the forum software. Yet to update Wiki to the latest version.

Been a long week, so I guess will stop for the day and finally do some R&R.
[-] The following 3 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • Kjell, hkphantomgtr, emptor