LMS not able to play MP3
(22-Nov-2022, 12:30 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Nov-2022, 08:22 AM)davem Wrote: Thanks.. running vers 8.3.0 which is the latest stable.
I will mail you a problematic mp3.
Cool, let me know how that goes. Also, uninstall lame (sudo apt purge lame*), just use ffmpeg, and that should work for all media types.

ok - I have just uninstalled LAME and retried with the same result. The player crashes as soon as I attempt to play one of the VBR mp3 files via squeezelite....

Is there any logging for squeezelite ?

(22-Nov-2022, 01:13 PM)davem Wrote:
(21-Nov-2022, 08:22 AM)davem Wrote: Thanks.. running vers 8.3.0 which is the latest stable.
Cool, let me know how that goes. Also, uninstall lame (sudo apt purge lame*), just use ffmpeg, and that should work for all media types.

ok - I have just uninstalled LAME and retried with the same result. The player crashes as soon as I attempt to play one of the VBR mp3 files via squeezelite....

Agent Kith,

Did you get the mp3 that I sent ? Just making sure that it went through ok...

I've got the file.. Transferring it to my test rig as we speak. Gotta be away from the keyboard for at least half a day and possibly tomorrow though so not sure if I will have much time to find out what's going on. But will post here when I do.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Yes, there is. Refer here on how to set it up. This will output the logs to a file though, so you will still have to SSH into the machine to view the log file. Did not build this into the diagnostics feature because never really have a problem with Squeezelite before.

Just tried playing the VBR file you sent in my test rig. It works, so I'm unsure what the problem is. Hopefully the logs will tell me more. Please show me the logs of what happen, hopefully can find out what the problem is. Note I'm using info in the example, start with that first, and may have to up the logging to debug to find out what's going on.

(26-Nov-2022, 10:04 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

Yes, there is. Refer here on how to set it up. This will output the logs to a file though, so you will still have to SSH into the machine to view the log file. Did not build this into the diagnostics feature because never really have a problem with Squeezelite before.

Just tried playing the VBR file you sent in my test rig. It works, so I'm unsure what the problem is. Hopefully the logs will tell me more. Please show me the logs of what happen, hopefully can find out what the problem is. Note I'm using info in the example, start with that first, and may have to up the logging to debug to find out what's going on.
sorry havent been able to workout how to get squeezelite to generate logs. Did you forget to paste the instructions/sample ? Or am I missing something else entirely ?

(28-Nov-2022, 06:59 AM)davem Wrote: sorry havent been able to workout how to get squeezelite to generate logs. Did you forget to paste the instructions/sample ? Or am I missing something else entirely ?
My bad. Sweating Forgot to send you the link. https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players...queezelite

just sent the log files through to the snakeoil diag email address

(29-Nov-2022, 07:21 AM)davem Wrote: just sent the log files through to the snakeoil diag email address
Hi Dave, apologies for the hiatus!!! 

As mentioned in the email, change the keyword from info to sdebug. And hopefully that'll give me more information.

@davemHuh I wonder if there are different MP3 formats. I don't think there is but to be honest it's been such a long time since I looked at MP3s, and I don't have a big collection.

Can you upload a problem MP3 file you have somewhere and send me a DM to the link so I can try it out?

(15-Jul-2023, 07:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote: @davemHuh I wonder if there are different MP3 formats. I don't think there is but to be honest it's been such a long time since I looked at MP3s, and I don't have a big collection.

Can you upload a problem MP3 file you have somewhere and send me a DM to the link so I can try it out?

I bumped into this problem some months back with some of my MP3 files. There are forum threads that suggest that the problem is with 48khz MP3 files.

I also found this blog post that goes into some detail. Too much detail for me, though  Wink

Do you know if you have 48khz files?