LMS not finding any players
Your problem is an interesting one. Because you're using Wifi. Depending on how your Wifi is configured, the mechanism Squeezelite use for discoveries (via multicasting) may not work.

Some better networking equipment (e.g. Cisco Meraki) have workarounds for it, others will simply not allow multicasting between Wifi clients.

The only workaround for you is to force Squeezelite to directly connect to a LMS client (i.e. don't use autodiscovery). See the squeezelite options in the wiki (-s host:port). Add that to the options box in ALSA config and hit save. See if that works.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Thanks for reviewing the files and input on WiFi.  Will reconfigure them and have a go later in the week.  Currently running a different LMS/Squeezlite set up over WiFi with no issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gibbo9000's post:
  • agent_kith

I have the same issue. 
Ropieee, Dietpi, picoreplayer all find my RME ADI 2 fs dac. 
Running via network cable.

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
ALSA lib conf.c:3725Sadsnd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so (/usr/local/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_conf_pulse.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
ALSA lib control.c:1471Sadsnd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:0
arecord: device_list:283: control open (0): No such file or directory
card 1: DAC55688381 [ADI-2 DAC (55688381)], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

[Image: Capture.png]

Sorry for being MIA recently, as I am trying to squeeze 3 months of work into 2 weeks for my day job. Will try and look into LMS later this weekend. After I cleared more paper work.

Please use PiCore for now, and feel free to swap back when I figured out what the issue is (if I can recreate it, I can fix it). This is also super easy on the Pi as all you need to do is to swap out the micro-sd card.

Music always come first.

There's a lot of things involved in Snakeoil - from infrastructure, to the snakeoil software, to all the resources (web server, OS, Gitlab, Proxmox, Nextcloud). Updating some software is extremely time consuming (e.g. this forum software). This is why i had dropped the theme I used before and use the current theme. Current theme do not work well on small screens like on mobile phones.

And it's mostly just one person doing this - me. Thankfully I have bromf to help out, and recently roped in snoopy8 too. Obviously things may get easier when I put up the code on gitlab and open source it. And I hope to convince some developers to come on board to help out too.

Things will get better. I have a plan Big Grin, and am executing it. And this 2 week sprint is part of the plan.

Back to your issue, can give me the thread on SNA so I can take a look at what the problems are? I will try and read them later tonight after work.

Alright, can you guys with LMS problems, try this?
  1. SSH to your Pi machine (or connect keyboard & monitor to your Pi)
  2. Run the following command
    Code:
    sudo apt purge -y pulseaudio
  3. Restart your Pi, does Squeezelite show up now?
Note if you are running multiple Squeezelite clients on other Pi, you have to run this command on those as well. Let me know how it goes.

[Image: Squeezelite.jpg]
Do note, if you still have problems with detecting in Wifi (this should only really happen if you are running multiple clients), check your Wifi router settings and look for anything that say multicasting, toggle that option and see if it helps. Should be fine if you're running LMS and Squeezelite on a single box.

Let me know how it goes... Will need to finish off some paper work tomorrow, and then other stuffs for my day job. Will look back into this if i can finish them early.

Good thing is Come 20th Septh I will have around a week of free time to finish off a big chunk of GUI. so looking forward to that window. 

Happy listening!  Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • gibbo9000

Hi Agent Kith,
Short answer. Excellent timing and looks like you have nailed it!  All works.
Longer answer.  Appreciate the efforts that go into maintaining / debugging something like this at all - let alone holding down the day job.  I also took some time out as my Pi's headed off to the friend I was working on this for - albeit with piCore.  Replacement Pi's turned up this week and today I got to do a clean Snake Oil install on them both (a 4 and 3B).  I actually noticed the pulse suggestion on the installer page of the forum when checking I had the latest downloads and wondered whether I had missed it before! Anyway, I did the purge and all works as it should - on single Pi setup and on separate server and player Pi's, and on any combination of fixed or WiFi networks.  Now feels rock solid.
Thanks for the effiorts.  Still need to finish updating my install guide notes.
Gibbo

(11-Sep-2021, 06:22 PM)gibbo9000 Wrote: Hi Agent Kith,
Short answer. Excellent timing and looks like you have nailed it!  All works.
Longer answer.  Appreciate the efforts that go into maintaining / debugging something like this at all - let alone holding down the day job.  I also took some time out as my Pi's headed off to the friend I was working on this for - albeit with piCore.  Replacement Pi's turned up this week and today I got to do a clean Snake Oil install on them both (a 4 and 3B).  I actually noticed the pulse suggestion on the installer page of the forum when checking I had the latest downloads and wondered whether I had missed it before! Anyway, I did the purge and all works as it should - on single Pi setup and on separate server and player Pi's, and on any combination of fixed or WiFi networks.  Now feels rock solid.
Glad that works out Heart . Having said that, Gear Isolation for the Pi is still early in it's infancy. It's also not using the RT kernel, the sound quality is still far from ideal. Havn't had the chance to sit down and properly tune the setup. At the snail pace I'm working, it might actually take 1.2.3+ or even 1.3.x before we can even begin to get some good sound improvements.

(11-Sep-2021, 06:22 PM)gibbo9000 Wrote: Thanks for the effiorts.  Still need to finish updating my install guide notes.
Did you ever get a invite email for the wiki? I believe that email notification system is broken, but as far as I can tell, everything should be working, it just doesn't seem to send out emails, and I have no idea why Huh.

That's still one of the things I gotta fix.. It's in my TODO list which is getting longer and longer. However, the upmost priority is to get the new WebApp up and running. Once I can get everything running smoothly again, SQ improvements in Pi will hopefully come hard and fast as it's my intention to move away from PCs into Raspberry Pi 4s for my primary rig.