MyMPD fails to update artwork.
MyMPD fails to update artwork after Snakeoil update to 1.2.9 (Gear Isolation U9)

I can see the newly added items in folder view but there is nothing added to the album view since the 1.2.9 (Gear Isolation U9) update.
I have rescanned and update the database, checked the filetypes and artwork which are all good and show in other players (Moode, Daphile, etc)
I've cleared and reloaded the MyMPD cover cache and cleared the browser cache.
I can select and play the items from the folder view and the artwork is displayed in the playback screen.
It is just not being recognised or added in the album screen.
This has happened since the Snakeoil update as items I added previous to it are shown.

and further..when I try to add any album to the queue or replace the queue with an album then all Fourteen thousand four hundred and forty five tracks from the library are added.  It's borked and I'm going to have to reinstall

Seems the database is weirded, any way to reset it ?

Hmm. Not sure, too many variables at play. Over the weekend I will try and create a new myMPD build as a module. That way you can install the newer version and see if that fixes it?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

(16-Dec-2022, 02:19 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Hmm. Not sure, too many variables at play. Over the weekend I will try and create a new myMPD build as a module. That way you can install the newer version and see if that fixes it?

Thanks, yes I have a message in the Snakeoil MyMPD settings page that the current version is out of date.
Is there any way to configure a rolling update of myMPD ?

(16-Dec-2022, 03:38 PM)Bromf Wrote: Thanks, yes I have a message in the Snakeoil MyMPD settings page that the current version is out of date.
Delete the local copy
Code:
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/mympd

And follow these instructions to install mympd from their repository. Restart the players and it should work.

https://jcorporation.github.io/myMPD/ins...ges-debian

Moving forward I think will be using this official version of myMPD, that well it will be automatically kept up to sync. At least I don't think a custom myMPD will bring any audio benefits to playback.

Also, because I'm now changing to the official myMPD packages, not going to release a update module for now. Users can also decide whether to use myMPD in the system or not. In the Snakeoil software menus (beta testers only), folks can choose to install/uninstall myMPD.

And in the players page, I can add an option for user to choose whether to start the myMPD remote or not.

So that gives you a lot of options, to have myMPD installed but not use it for player X but use it for player Y and so on. This in turn will give more flexibility to music player configuration in the future, where I will attempt to update the music player from a configuration point of view to more a "profile" point of view.

In the sense you can use the same player say MPD 0.22.9, but you can define various configuration options for it (with DSP, without DSP, to DAC 1, to DAC 2, to DAC 1+2 and so on). This of course will come at a much later stage.. but that'll be the plan of future work after kernel builder, at least at this point in time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Snoopy8

(18-Dec-2022, 10:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote: ​​​Users can also decide whether to use myMPD in the system or not. In the Snakeoil software menus (beta testers only), folks can choose to install/uninstall myMPD.
Yes please. Currently using Pkill because I do not use it.

(18-Dec-2022, 10:20 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(16-Dec-2022, 03:38 PM)Bromf Wrote: Thanks, yes I have a message in the Snakeoil MyMPD settings page that the current version is out of date.
Delete the local copy

Code:
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/mympd

And follow these instructions to install mympd from their repository. Restart the players and it should work.

https://jcorporation.github.io/myMPD/ins...ges-debian

Moving forward I think will be using this official version of myMPD, that well it will be automatically kept up to sync. At least I don't think a custom myMPD will bring any audio benefits to playback.

Inscrutable  much... no repo found on the Jcorporation site and no add-apt  works.
Just installed a new Snakeoil on new hardware and exactly the same myMpd aberrant behaviour where it tries to add the whole database.
Drives me nuts as LMS works ok but hate the LMS continual ''update database at boot' system and 'soft' sound.
I wonder if the recent poster asking about oi-mpd was on the right track as myMpd seems to be just a total frustration.
and... can't add 2 nas entries  to snakeoil as I am told the 'mount point already exists'  No I specified 2 different mount points !

(18-Dec-2022, 01:07 PM)Bromf Wrote: Inscrutable  much... no repo found on the Jcorporation site and no add-apt  works.
Just installed a new Snakeoil on new hardware and exactly the same myMpd aberrant behaviour where it tries to add the whole database.
Drives me nuts as LMS works ok but hate the LMS continual ''update database at boot' system and 'soft' sound.
I wonder if the recent poster asking about oi-mpd was on the right track as myMpd seems to be just a total frustration.
and... can't add 2 nas entries  to snakeoil as I am told the 'mount point already exists'  No I specified 2 different mount points !
What oi-mpd?

My ooops :-)    should be o!-mpd
http://ompd.pl/
https://github.com/ArturSierzant/OMPD

though I haven't really investigated it and perhaps will just run with LMS and material-skin for now until I can figure how to install the My-Mpd repo...
Your link fails as the version it reports is 22.04 and the instructions expect Debian 11.

(21-Dec-2022, 10:21 AM)Bromf Wrote: My ooops :-)    should be o!-mpd
http://ompd.pl/
https://github.com/ArturSierzant/OMPD

though I haven't really investigated it and perhaps will just run with LMS and material-skin for now until I can figure how to install the My-Mpd repo...
Your link fails as the version it reports is 22.04 and the instructions expect Debian 11.

This should work, try and run these from a SSH and see what happens
Code:
if [ -f /usr/share/keyrings/jcorporation.github.io.gpg ]; then
    rm -f /usr/share/keyrings/jcorporation.github.io.gpg
  fi

curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jcorporation/Debian_11/Release.key | \
    gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/jcorporation.github.io.gpg --import

# Get Debian VERSION_ID from os-release file
  MYMPD_PATH=""
  source /etc/os-release
  if [ "$NAME" == "Ubuntu" ]; then
    MYMPD_PATH="xUbuntu"
  else
    MYMPD_PATH="$NAME"
  fi
  # Add JCorporation APT repository and ensure releases are signed with the repository's official keys
  cat <<EOF > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jcorporation.list
   deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jcorporation.github.io.gpg] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jcorporation/${MYMPD_PATH}_${VERSION_ID}/ ./
EOF
  apt update
  apt install -y mympd