Next Generation Snakeoil Early Preview
(15-Jun-2017, 12:38 AM)m@jor Wrote: Does not work Cry
By clicking the Save button in the web interface all three variants work successfully:
irq\/18-ehci_hcd
irq/18-ehci_hcd
ehci_hcd

After reboot, priorities are not set

I'd double check the code later tonight or tomorrow. Will find the problem and issue a fix by the end of this week.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Enjoying the audio and interface improvements with this new version !
I can report that installing the dsd version of sox and adding -W for alsa options for Squeezelite (ralph-irving-git) Then activating the C-3PO plugin works very well for resampling.

One glitch... I have a usb flashdrive 64 gig vfat with music files.
It  prevents any x86 device booting if plugged in at switch on. (No problems with RPi though)  
So I have to plug it in after boot and save it in the music library settings to have LMS recognise it.
The configuration is there from last boot and all that needs to be done is hit save. (that's how the 0.1 series worked)
Unfortunately, the new version save box shows a black,slashed ring ie not clickable when the cursor is placed over it.
My workaround is to click add new mountpoint then trash it as soon as it opens then I can click on save for the usb drive ok.

(15-Jun-2017, 12:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: One glitch... I have a usb flashdrive 64 gig vfat with music files.
It  prevents any x86 device booting if plugged in at switch on. (No problems with RPi though)  
So I have to plug it in after boot and save it in the music library settings to have LMS recognise it.
The configuration is there from last boot and all that needs to be done is hit save. (that's how the 0.1 series worked)
Unfortunately, the new version save box shows a black,slashed ring ie not clickable when the cursor is placed over it.
My workaround is to click add new mountpoint then trash it as soon as it opens then I can click on save for the usb drive ok.
Easier way is to go into the computer BIOS/UEFI and set your OS drive as the first boot device. That way you don't need to unplug anything, boot up the computer, and everything will work as expected.

Ah, if only I had that luxury...
This is a thinclient that I need to have bootable from usb for other purposes (and os') and the only one that has a network chipset compatible with Snakeoil. (with support for other chipsets I could dedicate another machine to Snakeoil and amend the Bios settings as you say)

The previous behaviour in 0.1 series just worked.

I will keep using my workaround. :-)

(16-Jun-2017, 03:22 AM)Bromf Wrote: Ah, if only I had that luxury...
This is a thinclient that I need to have bootable from usb for other purposes (and os') and the only one that has a network chipset compatible with Snakeoil. (with support for other chipsets I could dedicate another machine to Snakeoil and amend the Bios settings as you say)

The previous behaviour in 0.1 series just worked.

I will keep using my workaround. :-)
What network chipset do you have that's not supported by SnakeoilOS yet? Let me know and I'd see what I can do.

I'd update the next firmware to allow you to do just that, and perhaps a auto service that will monitor the states of the devices every few seconds and mount/remount when needed. Shouldn't be that hard of a IO strain and can be disabled on demand in the SnakeoilOS page.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

"What network chipset do you have that's not supported by SnakeoilOS yet? Let me know and I'd see what I can do"

I have an old Asus eee PC 1011PX with a dead screen (that I have removed.)

lshw returns ... Qualcom Atheros AR8152 V2.0 Fast Ethernet for the network chipset.

"and perhaps a auto service that will monitor the states of the devices every few seconds and mount/remount when needed."

Well if the chipset for the eeePC could be made to work with Snakeoil I would dedicate that machine to Snakeoil and be able to set that as ' OS drive as the first boot device' so no need for mount/remount... :-)

(16-Jun-2017, 03:28 PM)Bromf Wrote: "What network chipset do you have that's not supported by SnakeoilOS yet? Let me know and I'd see what I can do"

I have an old Asus eee PC 1011PX with a dead screen (that I have removed.)

lshw returns ... Qualcom Atheros AR8152 V2.0 Fast Ethernet for the network chipset.

"and perhaps a auto service that will monitor the states of the devices every few seconds and mount/remount when needed."

Well if the chipset for the eeePC could be made to work with Snakeoil I would dedicate that machine to Snakeoil and be able to set that as ' OS drive as the first boot device' so no need for mount/remount... :-)
I'd have to go back and double check... It should work with AR81XX chips, but yours is FastEthernet, so maybe will require an additional tweak.

Can you confirm if your card is AR8162 or AR8152?

[Image: Supported.png]

Edit: Also, I tried and set the priority and reboot, and the settings are applied after a reboot. Can you double check what version of SnakeoilOS you're using in the dashboard?

"Can you confirm if your card is AR8162 or AR8152?"

AR8152

"Can you double check what version of SnakeoilOS you're using in the dashboard?"

Ahhhhmm... if I could get a dashboard then I would have a connection Wink  wouldn't I ? 

Using the live cd and 64 bit iso.
Also tried booting with Snakeoil installed on a usb stick and can log in with a monitor attached but still no ethernet found.Without that I can't update any firmware to see if the 0.8.4 might work.???

(17-Jun-2017, 08:57 AM)Bromf Wrote: "Can you confirm if your card is AR8162 or AR8152?"

AR8152

"Can you double check what version of SnakeoilOS you're using in the dashboard?"

Ahhhhmm... if I could get a dashboard then I would have a connection Wink  wouldn't I ? 

Using the live cd and 64 bit iso.
Also tried booting with Snakeoil installed on a usb stick and can log in with a monitor attached but still no ethernet found.Without that I can't update any firmware to see if the 0.8.4 might work.???
If it's AR8152 then it's not the new driver I've added recently to the 0.8.2 ISO.. I'd google and see what driver is needed to get AR8152 to work.. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to support that for the next ISO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf