No Network Interface on Raspberry Pi
Hi, I'm trying to run SnakeOil OS at Raspberry pi 3b, but not success.  Would anyone please help me? 

I downloaded the image (snakeoil-armv7l-1.1.0.zip) and write it on SD card, when booting the OS it shows (Failed to start dhcpcd on all interfaces and Failed to start Raise network interfaces).  I login system it shows run raspi-config to set country before use Wifi, after set the country, timezone still cannot active any network interface... Cry 

Would anyone please tell me what am I missing?  Thanks.

(28-Feb-2020, 11:29 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to run SnakeOil OS at Raspberry pi 3b, but not success.  Would anyone please help me? 

I downloaded the image (snakeoil-armv7l-1.1.0.zip) and write it on SD card, when booting the OS it shows (Failed to start dhcpcd on all interfaces and Failed to start Raise network interfaces).  I login system it shows run raspi-config to set country before use Wifi, after set the country, timezone still cannot active any network interface... Cry 

Are you using wired or trying to use Wif?

Although I havn't tried this before, raspberry Pi should work with Wifi as all the drivers are included. You just have to set it up to point to your SSID and and WPA2PSK password.

The wired connection should work straight out of the Pi. Check your router (or DHCP server) and make sure it's setup to give your Pi a lease (i.e. an IP address)
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(29-Feb-2020, 06:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(28-Feb-2020, 11:29 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to run SnakeOil OS at Raspberry pi 3b, but not success.  Would anyone please help me? 

Are you using wired or trying to use Wif?

Although I havn't tried this before, raspberry Pi should work with Wifi as all the drivers are included. You just have to set it up to point to your SSID and and WPA2PSK password.

The wired connection should work straight out of the Pi. Check your router (or DHCP server) and make sure it's setup to give your Pi a lease (i.e. an IP address)

Hi Kith,

Thanks for your reply, i tried to use wire directly to router (There are no problem of DHCP function) but no luck raspberry pi still have got the IP... maybe try it on other PC later.

Thanks

(04-Mar-2020, 08:01 AM)vf4fe Wrote: Thanks for your reply, i tried to use wire directly to router (There are no problem of DHCP function) but no luck raspberry pi still have got the IP... maybe try it on other PC later.
Something don't seem right. Probably best to re-download the image file and re-write it to the micro sd card. Snakeoil Pi is basically Raspbian with Snakeoil software on top. So the wired connection should work straight out the box.

Let me know how it goes.

(04-Mar-2020, 08:55 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(04-Mar-2020, 08:01 AM)vf4fe Wrote: Thanks for your reply, i tried to use wire directly to router (There are no problem of DHCP function) but no luck raspberry pi still have got the IP... maybe try it on other PC later.
Something don't seem right. Probably best to re-download the image file and re-write it to the micro sd card. Snakeoil Pi is basically Raspbian with Snakeoil software on top. So the wired connection should work straight out the box.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Kith,
Finally got time to download the image and try again on Raspberry pi 3b, it’s still the same couldn’t get the IP. Found the below message from kern.log, do you got any idea for this? Thanks

lan78xx 1-1.1.1:1.0 eth0: failed to read / write register

Alex

(20-Mar-2020, 02:54 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Finally got time to download the image and try again on Raspberry pi 3b, it’s still the same couldn’t get the IP. Found the below message from kern.log, do you got any idea for this? Thanks

Do you have the full message? Which register did it failed to write to? As Pi 3 is shared USB/network, perhaps try and disconnect all your USB devices and see if that works. If removing USB devices work make sure you are feeding enough power to your Pi.. At least 2 Amps at 5 Volts.

(20-Mar-2020, 06:09 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(20-Mar-2020, 02:54 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Finally got time to download the image and try again on Raspberry pi 3b, it’s still the same couldn’t get the IP. Found the below message from kern.log, do you got any idea for this? Thanks

Do you have the full message? Which register did it failed to write to? As Pi 3 is shared USB/network, perhaps try and disconnect all your USB devices and see if that works. If removing USB devices work make sure you are feeding enough power to your Pi.. At least 2 Amps at 5 Volts.

Hi Kith,

Thanks for your reply, I did remove all usb devices from Pi3 ( actually only the usb keyboard) anyway, still the same and I give up now. May I know does pi4 still using the same image file? any other setting need to be set? I read the other forum many ppl talked about no display.

I just received pi4 today and hope it can works, thanks.

(25-Mar-2020, 02:58 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Hi Kith,

Thanks for your reply, I did remove all usb devices from Pi3 ( actually only the usb keyboard) anyway, still the same and I give up now. May I know does pi4 still using the same image file? any other setting need to be set? I read the other forum many ppl talked about no display.

Hi, What do you mean no display?

you can get the beta Pi image here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/preview-pi-beta-21584012

Havn't had time to work on Snakeoil project recently as I'm busy on my day time job (for now).. As things are heading I think may well have a bit of time to focus more on this project again.

(25-Mar-2020, 08:45 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(25-Mar-2020, 02:58 PM)vf4fe Wrote: Hi Kith,

Hi, What do you mean no display?

you can get the beta Pi image here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/preview-pi-beta-21584012

Havn't had time to work on Snakeoil project recently as I'm busy on my day time job (for now).. As things are heading I think may well have a bit of time to focus more on this project again.

Thanks for your replies, thanks Kith. Got the image, hope can try it soon.
Kith, you did a great job on Snakeoil take time to get rest and improve it later on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vf4fe's post:
  • agent_kith

(26-Mar-2020, 09:14 AM)vf4fe Wrote: Thanks for your replies, thanks Kith. Got the image, hope can try it soon.
Kith, you did a great job on Snakeoil take time to get rest and improve it later on.
Incredibly stressed as it is.. Music is a great antidote for this.. Not sure where my mental state will be without music to be honest..

To you, and everybody else, stay safe, and happy listening.