[SOLVED] Ongoing status updates with new UI for Gear Isolation
I like that Dark-Mode.... Cool (and I'm not usually a fan of dark modes.....) Though perhaps I favour it compared to the light mode which looks a little washed out ? Angel

Assuming there are the usual themes to try too ? Thumbs Up

(07-Oct-2021, 01:32 PM)Bromf Wrote: I like that Dark-Mode.... Cool (and I'm not usually a fan of dark modes.....) Though perhaps I favour it compared to the light mode which looks a little washed out ? Angel

Assuming there are the usual themes to try too ? Thumbs Up
Yes, the usual themes are still available. Here is an example of the "Blur theme"

[Image: System-Themes.jpg]

Blue & Blur are currently still work in progress as I'm still tweaking some of the colours. More difficult for me to colour-match for contrast because I'm still somewhat unfamiliar with how colour palettes work in Linux. Will refine the two themes (as well as internationalisation) in the last stage.

At some point in time I will build this up as a demo site and put it up for demo for you guys to have a quick look through on how everything works.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Really did save the worst for last. There are several challenges designing this page.
  1. With the elimination of Client/server boxes from the old GUI, new folks to the Snakeoil ecosystem will have no idea you are supposed to use LMS with Squeezelite, you are not supposed to run MPD together with LMS and Squeezelite (although there's no reason why one can't do that).
  2. The audio status at the top is taking up way too much room.
  3. There is still a lot of information in this page and it needs to be re-organised.
[Image: Player-Setup-Prototype.jpg]

Will have to take some time to design and implement this properly. There are several sub-steps to complete this.
  1. Migrate old player set-up to new format (80% done)
  2. Get set-up - Retrieve new player set-up from backend (100% done)
  3. Present new set-up in WebApp (Currently in a mess at this stage, see above, 50% complete?)
  4. Error checking the presentation in step 3 (90% complete)
  5. Save set-up to backend
  6. Stop/Start players based on set-up (0% complete)
  7. CPU partition based on set-up (0% complete)
An early alpha preview will be released for alpla-testing when all this is complete.

In short, it's gonna be Confused. Am going out all day with the Mrs so unlikely I can have anything done today. Will resume tomorrow.

Almost there with the WebApp side of things. Have moved  "Custom Audio Output" in the new GUI here and as before it will only show up when you are using MPD.

So config picture on TOP is the default setup, where you only select the audio output device. And BOTTOM is when you're in "Custom Audio Output" mode, where you can define your ALSA output however way you like.

[Image: MPD-config.jpg]

As I was looking for the Wiki for MPD player, I am almost certain you can use the "Advance Audio Output" to configure dual output.

Can also be used for pipes.

As before there is no error checking when in custom audio mode, this may be added in a future revision, but not important for now.

In time I will update the Wiki with all the new changes and updates.. This is going to take a lot of effort Whew.

(11-Oct-2021, 07:03 PM)agent_kith Wrote: As I was looking for the Wiki for MPD player, I am almost certain you can use the "Advance Audio Output" to configure dual output.
Speaking of dual output, I have forgotten MPD and Squeezelite already support this in the GUI. Unfortunately, the new GUI didn't have that. Grr. I have to figure out how to add this to the new GUI shrug.

Here is the old way of doing multiple zones. Granted the old UI wasn't great, so much so even I forgotten about this.

[Image: old-multi-zone.jpg]

[Image: work.gif][Image: work.gif][Image: work.gif]
This is now the new way to do multi-zone. The Add button (Add Zone) is now directly in the same card, and it will only be shown if you're configuring MPD/Squeezelite, and if you have available output devices.

[Image: new-multi-zone.jpg]

Hopefully the new UI will be more intuitive, and less confusing. Can almost see the end now. Probably going to stop for the day and have some rest before finishing up the rest.

Did not manage to finish the music players configuration page today. Found some design issues so spent the day re-factoring and addressing the issues.

I still hope to release an alpha for the weekend, but not sure if I can meet that deadline. We shall see... I

Good news is, I'm starting my new job on Monday!
[Image: cheer3.gif] [Image: cheer1.gif]

Bad news is, I still did not manage to finish the new Snakeoil WebApp, despite the additional 26 days of down time. 26 days equates to at least 300+ hours of coding. All that time and the code is still unfinished.shrug

But we are getting close though. Here's some pictures of what to expect:

[Image: dashboard.jpg]

[Image: music-player.jpg]

[Image: system.jpg]

Do not think I will have time to release an alpha this weekend, as I'll be out tomorrow for a gathering with friends (Lucky Perth!). Will have to see how it goes. All things considered, a lot of progress has been made. Hopefully you guys will love the new UI when it's released.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066

Perth was pretty windy a few days ago.. So much so the gusts blew some fence pickets off my rotting fence... The number of pickets downed has reached a threshold where I think I'll need to look into this. How I have absolutely no idea yet, may be a quick super-glue job Cool, or may need me to go to the local hardware store and procure some additional equipment and supplies.. Will find out soon enough.

In the meantime, I have built the demo code and it's now live at https://demo.snakeoil-os.net. Go check it out, and let me know what you think. Might not look like much but there's a lot of changes/improvements under the hood, >300 hours are spent on this GUI and updating it to the latest Angular 12.
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066, Snoopy8

(23-Oct-2021, 06:50 AM)agent_kith Wrote: In the meantime, I have built the demo code and it's now live at https://demo.snakeoil-os.net. Go check it out, and let me know what you think. Might not look like much but there's a lot of changes/improvements under the hood, >300 hours are spent on this GUI and updating it to the latest Angular 12.
Looks good and appreciate the effort to update the GUI and especially the underlying technology.  It was a costly (in time) effort, but I suspect, a necessary step that has to be paid to ensure that SnakeOil stays up to date.

Ran successfully on Firefox on Win laptop and landscape mode on Chrome on Samsung Android phone.  In portrait mode on phone, it does not display "icons" and therefore cannot access rest of system.

Looking forward to Alpha...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • patricia1066