[SOLVED] Ongoing status updates with new UI for Gear Isolation
Was hoping I can include MPD 0.23.x in U2, but the build process requires tools that is not available yet in stock debian/Ubuntu LTS.

Introducing new build stuffs at this point seems counter-intuitive (it's also too hot for me to bother, sorry!). So have decided to push MPD 0.23.x into U3 or later.

This kind of Means U2 is more or less feature complete. Will give this a run for a few more days release a beta, and then a full release a few days after.

I know there are some folks with problems installing upmpdcli, or getting MPD to even start. Unfortunately I havn't been able to replicate these two issues... So, if you guys have access to the test builds, kindly try it now and see if it works for you now (or not).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

It looks very well formatted on macOS - the simple player/software switch functions well. Some buttons have text that "escape" but they still function see the macOS Disk screenshot. 

On the iPhone SE (surely the smallest screen that would be used to manage the server!) the dashboard is missing but it is easy to navigate.  The player switches from basic to expert mode without a hitch.

The Disk webpage on macOS 
[Image: macos-Disk.png]

iPhone sans Dashboard - I like the same colour button on background, very stylish.
[Image: iphone-demo.png]

iPhone Basic Player
[Image: iphone-demo5.png]

image upload
upload
[-] The following 1 user Likes patricia1066's post:
  • agent_kith

(06-Jan-2022, 08:11 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: It looks very well formatted on macOS - the simple player/software switch functions well. Some buttons have text that "escape" but they still function see the macOS Disk screenshot. 
I'll make that button bigger since there's enough space for it.

Nothing much to do now just to do some final cleanups and then I'll release beta 2 as planned..

Some slight changes to the expert mode. Hit https://demo.snakeoil-os.net for a quick look through.

Note that clicking on the "Notes" button is not doing anything as yet... Beta 2 will be released when:
  1. that notes part is done,
  2. A bug when swapping between expert/basic mode in music players is fixed
Music players isn't quite right yet on mobiles in portrait mode (the first 2 widgets is taking up too much space). I'll fix that in U3. Just flip the phone side ways  LOL.

Quick spellcheck on Dashboard for the Activation tab
  • agent_kith

(23-Jan-2022, 12:21 AM)patricia1066 Wrote: Quick spellcheck on Dashboard for the Activation tab
LOL Didn't even know how that happened. Thanks. Fixed in code. Thumbs Up

Demo website (https://demo.snakeoil-os.net) updated to the latest WebApp. Hopefully addressed the basic/expert bug for real this time, but you can't really test that on the demo site - can only do so on the beta.

Something I'm working towards for hopefully before the end of the week.

Honestly I think the basic/expert still needs some work, it feels weird basic mode uses radio buttons while expert uses tiles. Also need to find a better place to put the errors, that will work across all resolutions...

But, just gonna ignore these for now and kick this down the road.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066

Gear Isolation U2 is now tagged and live. Go here to download.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066

I like the iPhone SE dashboard. On portrait dashboard is minimal, just six "buttons", and on landscape the side tabs navigate to every section in one click. That will work well on larger iPhone screens too.

I tested it on my new Chromebook, on the native Chrome browser and on the linux container Brave browser. It formats well on both. I thought you might like to see a screenshot of both and how the browsers coped with Chinese characters. 

Personally I like the current web admin layout, and anything that preserves the same speed of access gets my vote. I know you had to change architecture so you couldnt just cut'n'paste.

1. Brave browser in Debian Dashboard
2. Brave browser in Debian file manager
3. Chrome in ChromeOS
4. Safari on iphone SE in landscape

[Image: Brave-browser-Debian-Dashboard2.png]
[Image: Brave-browser-File-manager.png]
[Image: Chrome-browser-Dashboard.png]
[Image: image0.png]
  • agent_kith

Well now that I have the U3 installed I get to check out the WebApp on my system!

Everything works and the browser is much quicker. I may actually use this on my 2014 system to clear out the dross (wish me luck choosing between dupes!)

As I am on my Chromebook this evening that's what is tested. 

Chrome on ChromeOS is perfectly formatted; Brave browser, less so  ( V1.35.100 (Feb 2, 2022))

On Brave, the Dashboard exceeds the frame with the basic view; on expert view the html code is exposed and so the headers take over the page.

I am no longer able to upload png files. I will try tomorrow - Goodnight from London