[SOLVED] MPD
hi agent kith. i have been using MPD as my player and been enjoying it, but it stopped updating the database a while ago, so i decided to have a little play around and see if i could get it to update. nothing worked so i thought i would remove the database entirely and then reintroduce it. so now i can't get any music on MPD to play.
i've tried squeezelight and everything works ok but the sound is not as crisp and clear, so i would like MPD to work for me. i tried the git version but that won't find the music either.
any thoughts?

so, i have now tried the old v17, and that is adding files. the git version and v19x are not. but there is no sound even though it is looking like it is playing, and it shows my dac under outputs. very strange.
just tried squeezelite again and it is working just fine.

What firmware are you using?

edit: Also, what happens when you try to manually update the database?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

i am using the latest firmware - 20161002. when i click on update database, the words change from bright to dull and stays that way until i alter the machine in some way. a couple of times when i had made my music folder inaccessable by incorrectly mounting it, the words became immediately bright again. that's with v19 and git versions. v17 just started loading the files.

(21-Nov-2016, 02:02 AM)rocl444 Wrote: i am using the latest firmware - 20161002. when i click on update database, the words change from bright to dull and stays that way until i alter the machine in some way. a couple of times when i had made my music folder inaccessable by incorrectly mounting it, the words became immediately bright again. that's with v19 and git versions. v17 just started loading the files.
A potential cause is: mpd-v19 effectively is mpd-git (git is just the latest development while v19 is the stable release). So if it fails in these two release the problem could be upstream. I'd see if I can test this soon. Hopefully I can get my physical test machine up and running again.

Just in case. depending on your library size, MPD rescanning can take some time. One way to verify if it's working is to ssh into the machine, and run this:
Code:
ls -l /var/www/players/mpd-git/

The mpd database should be called mpd.db (could be wrong as I can't check this right now as I'm at work). Start the database scanning, then run this command every 10 seconds or so and see if the filesize is increasing. If it is, then it should be working.

I'd let you know later today if I can.

i don't have any trouble knowing if things are being added as i can check via the folder. i could see that v17 was loading and the others weren't.

(21-Nov-2016, 01:26 PM)rocl444 Wrote: i don't have any trouble knowing if things are being added as i can check via the folder. i could see that v17 was loading and the others weren't.

Prob a dud version Sad.. I'd see if they have any new updates and do a updated version soon. Will let you know.

great - thanks

(21-Nov-2016, 02:29 PM)rocl444 Wrote: great - thanks

What client are you using? I've tried installing a fresh version of Snakeoil, then upgrade the to last 2 frmwares, and mpd-git and mpd-v19 is working.

Can you try this and see if it's working? 
  1. SSH into the Snakeoil machine.
  2. run this command: ncmpc
  3. Press 3, you should see this screen. Make sure you see the text "Browse:" in the top left.
    [Image: 0_Database_Browse.png]
  4.  Press Ctrl-U. You should see the text "Database update started" appear for a few seconds, and then the words "Database updated" after the scan is completed.
  5. Do you see any files and folders appearing in this list?

Just as a reminder. I had similar problem here https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/threa...tml#pid400

Aha.. OK.. Right now I gotta clear off some stuffs at work first, I'd see if I can come up with a fix later today. Hopefully I can attach a quick module tonight for you to test if it can resolve your issues.