[SOLVED] MPD is not visible as a uPnP media renderer device - so it should be?
Greetings.

I apologize for the strange question. I'm not too familiar with your OS, for that I can not understand how to enable the MPD player to support uPnP as a media renderer device? As far as I understand it is implemented in one of the firmware, but after installation I can not find a renderer in the list of music playback devices. I'm using Jriver and UPnPBubble as a server and controller.

If something needs to be installed, I very much ask for instructions.
If you need a paid subscription to activate this function, it would be nice to point it out somewhere.

Thanks for support.

Hi Mikola,

Install snakeoil firmware 1.0.8 and above. You should see a player called upmpdcli. Select that and save. 

thats the UPNP MPD renderer.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(03-Feb-2018, 12:56 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Hi Mikola,

Install snakeoil firmware 1.0.8 and above. You should see a player called upmpdcli. Select that and save. 

thats the UPNP MPD renderer.

I use motherboard Intel D2550DC2 and installed it on a 32 bit system image. After upgrading firmware I do not see the item upmpdcli on the menu. Maybe I need to choose what specific version of MPD?

Upd. after installing the 64 bit version in the menu "Music Player" that does not change.
Prompt where to dig?
Can be update firmware need to install sequentially?
I just put OS, restart PC after successful installation, updated using the "System" firmware to version 1.08.

May be this option is available only in activated version?

[Image: Capture1.jpg]

[Image: Capture.jpg]

фото картинка

(03-Feb-2018, 09:07 PM)Mikola1980 Wrote: May be this option is available only in activated version?
Activated Snakeoil only means it's easier to do some things. Donations are voluntary - you can do everything even with the free edition, just a bit more tedious. with upmpdcli, do this
  1. SSH into your Snakeoil computer
  2. Run this command: sudo sh /var/www/players/upmpdcli/install.sh
Now when you get to the players screen, you should see the upmpdcli player in the list.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(04-Feb-2018, 08:14 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(03-Feb-2018, 09:07 PM)Mikola1980 Wrote: May be this option is available only in activated version?
Activated Snakeoil only means it's easier to do some things. Donations are voluntary - you can do everything even with the free edition, just a bit more tedious. with upmpdcli, do this
Now when you get to the players screen, you should see the upmpdcli player in the list. 

Now I have installed the 64 bit version, only after a forced install upmpdcli I saw in the menu of the players this option.

Thank you very much for the help.

The problem is solved.

(04-Feb-2018, 08:14 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

Deleted and moved
Code: