[SOLVED] Software won't install
The new drag-n-drop window is great, but I cannot get JRiver MC or HQ Player deb packages to install.  Get messages saying either "incorrect file extension" or "this software is incorrect for your CPU."  I'm using a Celeron N2830.

(03-Jul-2017, 10:44 PM)zackthedog Wrote: The new drag-n-drop window is great, but I cannot get JRiver MC or HQ Player deb packages to install.  Get messages saying either "incorrect file extension" or "this software is incorrect for your CPU."  I'm using a Celeron N2830.
DEB only works if your SnakeoilOS is activated. Is it activated? If not, let me know and I'm PM you the code.

NAA HQ Player, it's easiest to go to the Snakeoil menu, and then install it from there. Will need your help on testing if HQPlayer works or not as for the life of me I couldn't get my evaluation HQPlayer to recognoise the adaptor.

As for the incorrect for your CPU, what version of SnakeoilOS are you using? 32 bit or 64 bit, and the filename of the software you're trying to install? Looks like I need to revise the logic of that a little.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(04-Jul-2017, 07:37 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(03-Jul-2017, 10:44 PM)zackthedog Wrote: The new drag-n-drop window is great, but I cannot get JRiver MC or HQ Player deb packages to install.  Get messages saying either "incorrect file extension" or "this software is incorrect for your CPU."  I'm using a Celeron N2830.
DEB only works if your SnakeoilOS is activated. Is it activated? If not, let me know and I'm PM you the code.

NAA HQ Player, it's easiest to go to the Snakeoil menu, and then install it from there. Will need your help on testing if HQPlayer works or not as for the life of me I couldn't get my evaluation HQPlayer to recognoise the adaptor.

As for the incorrect for your CPU, what version of SnakeoilOS are you using? 32 bit or 64 bit, and the filename of the software you're trying to install? Looks like I need to revise the logic of that a little.

Yes, it's activated.  I'll check but I'm pretty sure I'm using the 64 bit version.  I'm trying to install the standard .deb versions of HQ Player and JRiver.  I'll try again tonight.

(04-Jul-2017, 12:02 PM)zackthedog Wrote: Yes, it's activated.  I'll check but I'm pretty sure I'm using the 64 bit version.  I'm trying to install the standard .deb versions of HQ Player and JRiver.  I'll try again tonight.
Cool, let me know how it goes.. And give me the filenames if possible so I can re-create this at home.. I'm almost certain this is a bug.  Blush

(04-Jul-2017, 12:35 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(04-Jul-2017, 12:02 PM)zackthedog Wrote: Yes, it's activated.  I'll check but I'm pretty sure I'm using the 64 bit version.  I'm trying to install the standard .deb versions of HQ Player and JRiver.  I'll try again tonight.
Cool, let me know how it goes.. And give me the filenames if possible so I can re-create this at home.. I'm almost certain this is a bug.  Blush

Yes! Not working with Jriver installer.

*** ERROR *** Uploaded file has an invalid extension

File name is
MediaCenter-23.0.14-amd64.deb
MediaCenter-21.0.88-amd64.deb
[-] The following 1 user Likes Integra's post:
  • agent_kith

(07-Jul-2017, 09:47 PM)Integra Wrote: Yes! Not working with Jriver installer.

File name is
Thanks. Just Confirmed it's a bug. This will be fixed in the next release.

Still testing, but got the install working in my test lab.

Sorta. JRiver is kindda PITA and requires some dependencies and features SnakeoilOS don't have right out the box.

When the next RC is ireleased, please refer to the additional steps required to get JRiver to start.

[Image: jriver_xdg.png]

Update: Fixed in 0.9.1

(07-Jul-2017, 09:52 PM)agent_kith Wrote:  
(07-Jul-2017, 09:47 PM)Integra Wrote: Yes! Not working with Jriver installer.

File name is
Thanks. Just Confirmed it's a bug. This will be fixed in the next release. 

Thanks.  Read the thread, updated, installed fixes and it works just fine.  Sounds good, too!  Another nice option!

Now if I can figure out why HQ Player won't install.  "Not made for your CPU" message persists.  Is it really my CPU?  Intel Bay Trail?

(22-Jul-2017, 03:15 AM)zackthedog Wrote: Thanks.  Read the thread, updated, installed fixes and it works just fine.  Sounds good, too!  Another nice option!
Now if I can figure out why HQ Player won't install.  "Not made for your CPU" message persists.  Is it really my CPU?  Intel Bay Trail? 
[Image: oh.gif]

That's a bug in Snakeoil. I'd check out what's wrong and get back to you.

Update: This is fixed in 0.9.3 (RC-4). Now if only my Internet is fast enough.

Hello!
After last firmware updates JR 22 is working perfect.

i try to add Jriver 23 and installation is done without problems.
But JR 23 not showing in the players tab.
I try version 21 and install process is done to.
But JR 21 not in plaeyrs list.
How to use two different versions of JR like many MPDs in the Snakeoil?