[SOLVED] i219-lm network card does't work
Try this test kernel and see if it detects your card properly now via the e1000e driver: Link
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Perfect!
now it works. Thank you
but kernel is much bigger in size.
Im waiting for final version.

(21-Jan-2018, 02:48 PM)Gogi Wrote: Perfect!
now it works. Thank you
but kernel is much bigger in size.
Im waiting for final version.
Noticed that too. Probably added some additional stuffs that shouldn't be in there. Will find a time to streamline it if I can.

Until then, please report back on the AQ.

I can't compare AQ in new system because hardware can play a big role.
i will try it on old HW
but support ipv6 can be overly.
I'm for removing excess. It differs snakeoil-os.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gogi's post:
  • agent_kith

(22-Jan-2018, 12:10 AM)Gogi Wrote: I can't compare AQ in new system because hardware can play a big role.
i will try it on old HW
but support ipv6 can be overly.
I'm for removing excess. It differs snakeoil-os.
Cool, I'd see if I can clean up the kernel further. Will build a new kernel for installed SnakeoilOS (i.e. with all the install features removed). That should slim down the kernel, and should in theory be better.

so i have tried 4.14.12-rt10 and i didn't like it
tonal balance is to high, i can hear sibilants while in previous kernel there were none.

(05-Feb-2018, 03:11 AM)Gogi Wrote: so i have tried 4.14.12-rt10 and i didn't like it
tonal balance is to high, i can hear sibilants while in previous kernel there were none.
Hahaha.. Welcome to the world of kernel rolling. Now that we know e1000e driver works with the later versions, next step is to find a kernel (and kernel config) to find that balance.

(05-Feb-2018, 07:46 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(05-Feb-2018, 03:11 AM)Gogi Wrote: so i have tried 4.14.12-rt10 and i didn't like it
Hahaha.. Welcome to the world of kernel rolling. Now that we know e1000e driver works with the later versions, next step is to find a kernel (and kernel config) to find that balance. 

Greetings. I apologize for getting into your discussion.

I'm just trying to understand WHERE THE SIBIULANTS WERE ?! I'm especially worried about the question - where did they go from those records in which they should be! For example, in track 02 Lana Del Rey - Music to Watch Boys To from the album 2015 - Honeymoon.

My system first played this track without sibilants on Snakeoil OS, and I thought, WoW should be before that something was wrong, but this track sounds with sibilants from CD and from very expensive file players such as Soundaware D100 Supreme Femto.

And it seems to me that the standard core of Snakeoil OS conceals some natural inaccuracies and flaws in the recording, for this reason, the naturalness in the sound of female vocals and pianos is lost, where resonances at high frequencies either need to be accurately recorded and reproduced or filtered.

I prefer harsh veracity, ironed plastic sound is beautiful at first glance, but it is not informative and quickly bores. I would like that to this aspired those who speak about Hi-END as their creations.

I'll definitely try the kernel with sibilants :-) especially since I have an intel network card :-)

(06-Feb-2018, 07:45 AM)Mikola1980 Wrote: I'll definitely try the kernel with sibilants :-) especially since I have an intel network card :-) 
The English language can be a different thing - the word sibilant can mean different things to different people. And to top it off, people have different preferences.

This is why Snakeoil do not dictate the sound - the user gets to tune and tweak to get to the sound he/she prefer. So yeah, try this kernel, and also do all the tweaks and so on till you like it.

Most important thing is to report back your findings so others can try and replicate. OK