Raspberry Pi 3B+ : Support for Allo DigiOne (Signature)
(20-Mar-2019, 11:17 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(20-Mar-2019, 10:56 AM)bernardhung Wrote: Got this by clicking Cannot start server

Undecided , thanks for any help. 
Hi Bernard. Did mpd v21 work for you before? It seems to be missing a library now. Can you SSH into the pi, and run the following?
Code:
sudo ldconfig
Hi Kith.  I used the beta of Moodeaudio 5 which runs on mpd 21.5 and it worked.  
I ran the code above, ntg happened.    

By the way, I followed your video on setting up LMS as server with Squeezelite v1.8 as client, I am able to play music by going to LMS Web link.  So happy it works !!  But when I uses Lumin App, I am not seeing snakeoil as an upnp device?

(20-Mar-2019, 06:10 PM)bernardhung Wrote: Hi Kith.  I used the beta of Moodeaudio 5 which runs on mpd 21.5 and it worked.  
That command will not show any output, it'd just tell all the software where to find some libraries (in your case that's libfaad).

(20-Mar-2019, 06:10 PM)bernardhung Wrote: By the way, I followed your video on setting up LMS as server with Squeezelite v1.8 as client, I am able to play music by going to LMS Web link.  So happy it works !!  But when I uses Lumin App, I am not seeing snakeoil as an upnp device? 
You need to install a UPNP plugin in LMS. Click on the "settings" button in the lower right, and then find the UPNP plugin (there should be one there). Once that is installed it'd work. Or rather should work, havn't tried this in years to be honest :p. These days I'm trying to be as minimialistic as I can, the less things running, the better.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(21-Mar-2019, 07:55 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(20-Mar-2019, 06:10 PM)bernardhung Wrote: Hi Kith.  I used the beta of Moodeaudio 5 which runs on mpd 21.5 and it worked.  
That command will not show any output, it'd just tell all the software where to find some libraries (in your case that's libfaad).
(20-Mar-2019, 06:10 PM)bernardhung Wrote: By the way, I followed your video on setting up LMS as server with Squeezelite v1.8 as client, I am able to play music by going to LMS Web link.  So happy it works !!  But when I uses Lumin App, I am not seeing snakeoil as an upnp device? 
You need to install a UPNP plugin in LMS. Click on the "settings" button in the lower right, and then find the UPNP plugin (there should be one there). Once that is installed it'd work. Or rather should work, havn't tried this in years to be honest :p. These days I'm trying to be as minimialistic as I can, the less things running, the better. 

Thanks, I am also trying to be as miniialistic as possible too, hence would want to have snakeoil OS just being a renderer and nothing else.

(21-Mar-2019, 05:06 PM)bernardhung Wrote: Thanks, I am also trying to be as miniialistic as possible too, hence would want to have snakeoil OS just being a renderer and nothing else. 
For a renderer, the easiest is likely going to be upmpdcli. This uses MPD as the player, and should be the least CPU intensive setup for a Pi. LMS (as good as it is), is really CPU intensive when it comes to database scanning.

(21-Mar-2019, 05:14 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Mar-2019, 05:06 PM)bernardhung Wrote: Thanks, I am also trying to be as miniialistic as possible too, hence would want to have snakeoil OS just being a renderer and nothing else. 
For a renderer, the easiest is likely going to be upmpdcli. This uses MPD as the player, and should be the least CPU intensive setup for a Pi. LMS (as good as it is), is really CPU intensive when it comes to database scanning. 

Thanks, I shall give it a try !   Heart

I have literally the same hardware as the OP and I too have only been able to get LMS/Squeezelite working. I would love to hear MPD/upmpdcli because judging by agent_kith's assessment of differences between the two this would make this a "one stop shop" for me:

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/Manual/clien...re-players

I always had to switch back and forth between Volumio and Moode for exactly the same reasons based on how my ears were feeling that day. After listening to LMS through Snakeoil OS there is no comparison. I could go on for days about the subtle (and not so subtle) positive changes in imaging, tonality, detail layering, etc.....but I'll save that for another post Dodgy

With how good LMS sounds it can be a bit "too" relaxed for my ears at times and sometimes I just want raw details, also it is a bit slow and clunky with BubbleUPNP which is what I use to stream Tidal to my RPI3. Having heard MPD through various other players I'm eager to try it through Snakeoil OS but I can't seem to install upmpdcli to allow Bubbleupnp to see MPD. 

if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here I would live to know. I've tried to install upmpdcli through the command line and through the Snakeoil GUI on 2 different fresh installs and it shows me this output 
Code:
Changing software configuration...
*** Name: upmpdcli Mode: Installing ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 95, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)    
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 89, in get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/stretch
Get:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch InRelease [15.0 kB]
Get:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease [25.4 kB]
Get:3 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch/main armhf Packages [222 kB]
Fetched 263 kB in 2s (98.8 kB/s)
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package upmpdcli
Reading package lists...
E: Unable to locate package upmpdcli-qobuz
Reading package lists...
E: Unable to locate package upmpdcli-gmusic
Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory
Failed to stop upmpdcli.service: Unit upmpdcli.service not loaded.

Install finished with errors, please review the above output for reasons.

Also, MPD v.21 refuses to start as well (like the OP) for the same reason. I followed the suggested command:

Code:
sudo ldconfig 

but that didn't help. Any ideas?

(26-Mar-2019, 04:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: [/code]
Install finished with errors, please review the above output for reasons.
[/code]
Seems their repository names have changed. Sad Give me a few days to work this out, I'd get back to you.

(26-Mar-2019, 04:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Also, MPD v.21 refuses to start as well (like the OP) for the same reason. I followed the suggested command:

Code:
sudo ldconfig 

Hopefully it's just missing a library. Wish I have more Pis around to test (or more microsd cards).. Buying things here in Perth is really PITA, can't access things easily (and online takes too long and almost always have problems with delivery). Can you run the following command, and show me the output?

[code]ldd /var/www/players/mpd-v21/mpd[/config]

(26-Mar-2019, 08:00 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Install finished with errors, please review the above output for reasons. 
[/quote]
Seems their repository names have changed. Sad Give me a few days to work this out, I'd get back to you.
(26-Mar-2019, 04:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Also, MPD v.21 refuses to start as well (like the OP) for the same reason. I followed the suggested command:

Code:
sudo ldconfig 

Hopefully it's just missing a library. Wish I have more Pis around to test (or more microsd cards).. Buying things here in Perth is really PITA, can't access things easily (and online takes too long and almost always have problems with delivery). Can you run the following command, and show me the output?
Code:
ldd /var/www/players/mpd-v21/mpd[/config][/quote]

Yeah, I was afraid it would be RPI specific Rolleyes
I was researching it earlier today and came across some info but I really know nothing about code so I just read what i can and if it looks within my scope I'll try it. Found a couple pages that might provide insight but you would know better than me. 

Anyway, here's the output that you asked for:

Code:
root@snakeoil:~# ldd /var/www/players/mpd-v21/mpd
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x7ef72000)
        /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so (0x76fa6000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x76f53000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so.1 (0x76f2c000)
        libupnp.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libupnp.so.6 (0x76eeb000)
        libixml.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libixml.so.2 (0x76ed0000)
        libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so.4 (0x76e52000)
        libexpat.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libexpat.so.1 (0x76e20000)
        libavformat.so.57 => /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so.57 (0x76c37000)
        libavcodec.so.57 => /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.57 (0x75aad000)
        libavutil.so.55 => /usr/local/lib/libavutil.so.55 (0x75a21000)
        libcdio_paranoia.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcdio_paranoia.so.2 (0x75a0a000)
        libcdio_cdda.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcdio_cdda.so.2 (0x759f3000)
        libcdio.so.16 => /usr/local/lib/libcdio.so.16 (0x759c1000)
        libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libasound.so.2 (0x758d4000)
        libsamplerate.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsamplerate.so.0 (0x75761000)
        libsoxr.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsoxr.so.0 (0x756fc000)
        libid3tag.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libid3tag.so.0 (0x756da000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0x7565b000)
        libFLAC.so.8 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libFLAC.so.8 (0x755fc000)
        libaudiofile.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libaudiofile.so.1 (0x755be000)
        libfaad.so.2 => not found
        libmad.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libmad.so.0 (0x75598000)
        libmpg123.so.0 => not found
        libvorbis.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvorbis.so.0 (0x75561000)
        libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libogg.so.0 (0x75553000)
        libvorbisenc.so.2 => not found
        libmpdclient.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libmpdclient.so.2 (0x75527000)
        libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsqlite3.so.0 (0x75432000)
        libavahi-common.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-common.so.3 (0x75417000)
        libavahi-client.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-client.so.3 (0x753f8000)
        libiso9660.so.10 => /usr/local/lib/libiso9660.so.10 (0x753dd000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0x75295000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x75268000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0x7523f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0x75100000)
        libsystemd.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsystemd.so.0 (0x75086000)
        /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x76fbc000)
        libthreadutil.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthreadutil.so.6 (0x75070000)
        libnghttp2.so.14 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnghttp2.so.14 (0x75042000)
        libidn2.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libidn2.so.0 (0x7500e000)
        librtmp.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtmp.so.1 (0x74fe5000)
        libssh2.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libssh2.so.1 (0x74fb0000)
        libpsl.so.5 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpsl.so.5 (0x74f93000)
        libssl.so.1.0.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libssl.so.1.0.2 (0x74f34000)
        libcrypto.so.1.0.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 (0x74db3000)
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0x74d6a000)
        libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkrb5.so.3 (0x74cb3000)
        libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libk5crypto.so.3 (0x74c74000)
        libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcom_err.so.2 (0x74c61000)
        liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0x74c45000)
        libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libldap_r-2.4.so.2 (0x74bee000)
        libswresample.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libswresample.so.2 (0x74bcb000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdl.so.2 (0x74bb8000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1 (0x74ba1000)
        libgomp.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgomp.so.1 (0x74b69000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libselinux.so.1 (0x74b36000)
        liblzma.so.5 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/liblzma.so.5 (0x74b05000)
        liblz4.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/liblz4.so.1 (0x74ae4000)
        libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x74a13000)
        libunistring.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libunistring.so.0 (0x74902000)
        libgnutls.so.30 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnutls.so.30 (0x74775000)
        libhogweed.so.4 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libhogweed.so.4 (0x74738000)
        libnettle.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnettle.so.6 (0x746f1000)
        libgmp.so.10 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgmp.so.10 (0x7467e000)
        libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkrb5support.so.0 (0x74665000)
        libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x74652000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libresolv.so.2 (0x7462d000)
        libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsasl2.so.2 (0x74606000)
        libpcre.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpcre.so.3 (0x7458d000)
        libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x7456b000)
        libp11-kit.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libp11-kit.so.0 (0x7450d000)
        libidn.so.11 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libidn.so.11 (0x744cc000)
        libtasn1.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtasn1.so.6 (0x744ac000)
        libffi.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libffi.so.6 (0x74494000)

And here's a couple sites for reference:

https://gist.github.com/estshorter/7361b...075fab25f1

https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/4/

The first link shows a couple different sources towards the bottom of the page in the "upmpdcli" section. I did try to copy the code for the sources and it led to nothing but an error. 

The second link seems to state that OSMC (a branch of KODI) found some kind of workaround so maybe that would be of more help...although the info is a bit old and probably outdated.

Anyway, LMS running on Snakeoil sounds pretty darn good. Far better than the alternatives that I've heard for the PI so far, so for that I'm very grateful! Thanks again for all your hard work. And by the way, the irony of the name is not lost on those of us trying to squeak out that last little detail?

(26-Mar-2019, 09:33 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Yeah, I was afraid it would be RPI specific Rolleyes
I was researching it earlier today and came across some info but I really know nothing about code so I just read what i can and if it looks within my scope I'll try it. Found a couple pages that might provide insight but you would know better than me. 

Anyway, here's the output that you asked for:
It's missing a few libraries. I'll see if I can provide a quick fix later today. Stay tuned.

(26-Mar-2019, 09:33 AM)mkysimes Wrote: The first link shows a couple different sources towards the bottom of the page in the "upmpdcli" section. I did try to copy the code for the sources and it led to nothing but an error. 

The second link seems to state that OSMC (a branch of KODI) found some kind of workaround so maybe that would be of more help...although the info is a bit old and probably outdated.
upmpdcli seemed to have disappeared from their repositories... Not sure how that happened.. I'll try and see if I can compile upmpdcli for Pi, and then include that as a install module. Will update you guys on this soon'ish.

(26-Mar-2019, 09:33 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Anyway, LMS running on Snakeoil sounds pretty darn good. Far better than the alternatives that I've heard for the PI so far, so for that I'm very grateful! Thanks again for all your hard work. And by the way, the irony of the name is not lost on those of us trying to squeak out that last little detail?
Thanks. It's interesting what software (and different configurations/tweaks) can do to bring out that extra resolution. I honestly thought this is BS before, but now I'm doing this, and sharing it with everyone else.. Blush

Quote:It's interesting what software (and different configurations/tweaks) can do to bring out that extra resolution. I honestly thought this is BS before, but now I'm doing this, and sharing it with everyone else.. Blush

Indeed! In the quest for my favorite music player I can't tell you how many times I've heard the case for "1s and 0s are all the same". I guess that's true if you're listening through your TV Think

Anyway, I've done a lot more reading about upmpdcli and now I'm a lot more confused so I might have to wait for someone else to figure it out. I did find what seems to be the likely answer to the upmpdcli problem but I'm not sure about the proper way to implement it. I'll probably do some trial and error testing if I get time and if I fudge things up too bad I can always reinstall Thumbs Up

Here's some info that seems to be relevant:
Quote:Procedure:
Create and edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/upmpdcli.listand add the following lines, depending on your system.
Please note that the links changed in may 2018. The old links still work for now, but they will go away at some point, please update your sources file if you have an old one. Then install the packages. Except for upmpdcli itself, all the packages are independant, only install what you need !:

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install upmpdcli

# Optional streaming services

sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-qobuz
sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-gmusic
sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-tidal

# Optional Songcast gateway
sudo apt-get install sc2mpd

# Optional Songcast Receiver control web interface
sudo apt-get install scweb

Note: it seems that the incompatibilies which existed between the ARM Debian and Raspbian distributions are gone with Stretch (Debian 9). If you are running a Debian-based release (such as OSMC) on armhf (e.g. on a Raspberry pi), please give the Raspbian Stretch repository a try. I'd be interested to hear about successes / failures: [email protected] 

The last paragraph might hold the answer but as I said, I have zero experience in this stuff.