Raspberry Pi 4 looks interesting.
(04-Sep-2019, 01:31 AM)mkysimes Wrote: I do remember seeing your suggestion before, Bromf, and appreciate it. I tried to register at that site so I could view the pdf and see what it all entails but I never recieved a conformation email so I'm stuck for now. Would be awesome to get (or build) a quality supply for the price of a pi. Guess I'll have to wait and see if that email arrives.
Check your spam folder? The email might be in there.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Try this... Wink
Of course you will also need a transformer but I usually 'scrounge' these from junk/charity/recycle stores..... active subwoofers tend to have solid transformers and c the whole box costs around $5 'untested for parts' here..
Of course you have to kiss a lot of frogs... Wink   Ymmv...

Attached Files
.pdf   L-Adapter Guide.pdf (Size: 292.21 KB / Downloads: 7)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • mkysimes

(04-Sep-2019, 09:24 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Check your spam folder? The email might be in there.

Unfortunately I have been checking my spam and in box, no luck. Even went back and double checked my profile to be sure I put the right email in. Oh well, looks like Bromf has me covered anyway. Thanks Bromf! Thumbs Up

I'll give it a look. Might have to dust off the soldering iron (not altogether sure I still have one....lol) I can picture the smoke already, just hope there's none after I finish it! Think

Finally finished setting up the dev environment on the Pi 4. Raspberry Pi3+ has a 1.4 GHz CPU while RPi4 is a 1.5GHz. 100 Megahertz difference.

Green box is on the new Pi4, while the red boxes are on the older Pi3+.

[Image: Pi4Speed.png]
This is with the same make/model of MicroSD cards. All things being equal, the Pi4 is running Buster, while Pi3+ is on Strech, the build time is now 3x faster! [Image: admire.gif]

The extra RAM and the new CPU makes a pretty huge difference. Things might be better if we juse use the microSD card to boot, with almost everything else on a SSD. A tweak to consider for a future version of Snakeoil Pi.

With the dev image out of the way, next up will be to build a Snakeoil edition of buster. Stay tuned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

I'm "tuned" !  Smile Smile

I'm still tuned ! :-)

Finally got the Pi4 boxed and thermally controlled.....
GPU => temp=35.0'C
CPU => 36'C

(ambient = 22.02'C)

:-)  

now ready to try a Snakeoil build.......;-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Bromf's post:
  • mkysimes, hkphantomgtr

Havn't looked into that yet.. Hopefully can find more time on this soon. Apologies guys, hope to have you patience on this. I'm really keen to test this myself as well.

Finally got my Pi4 up and running with my trusty old digione sitting on top Cool About to do some listening with some other distros and Snakeoil as my LMS server on another machine.

Unfortunately I'll have to use the crappy canakit p.s. for now until I save up for something more suitable. Was looking at the Allo Shanti as I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy. Not to mention it has 2 outputs in case I decide to get the digione signature down the road.

Any chance on a "beta" build for Rpi4 in the near future? No rush, just doesn't seem the same without Snakeoil as my MPD server. Dodgy

(19-Nov-2019, 02:19 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Finally got my Pi4 up and running with my trusty old digione sitting on top Cool About to do some listening with some other distros and Snakeoil as my LMS server on another machine.

Unfortunately I'll have to use the crappy canakit p.s. for now until I save up for something more suitable. Was looking at the Allo Shanti as I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy. Not to mention it has 2 outputs in case I decide to get the digione signature down the road.

Any chance on a "beta" build for Rpi4 in the near future? No rush, just doesn't seem the same without Snakeoil as my MPD server. Dodgy
Really sorry about that. Don't really have much time left in the evenings or the weekends the past few weeks. The few hours here and there, are spent on finishing up Blind Testing U8. Will look into RPi4 once U8 is out, I promise Big Grin Big Grin .
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • mkysimes

(19-Nov-2019, 07:43 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Really sorry about that. Don't really have much time left in the evenings or the weekends the past few weeks. The few hours here and there, are spent on finishing up Blind Testing U8. Will look into RPi4 once U8 is out, I promise Big Grin Big Grin .

No need to apologize! I'm very thankful for what you've given us so far! Worse comes to worst I can always take the 5 minutes to hook the pi3 back up Thumbs Up

Besides, I'm sure the wait will be well worth it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mkysimes's post:
  • agent_kith