Request For Comments: Snakeoil 1.0.0
Version '1.0.0 Golden Ears' and Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS.........  and a new interface !  busy much !  
Do take some time out for r&r  and recharging !

(17-Mar-2017, 03:38 PM)Bromf Wrote: Version '1.0.0 Golden Ears' and Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS.........  and a new interface !  busy much !  
Do take some time out for r&r  and recharging !
Not sure I have that luxury to be honest Big Grin, but ultimately it will be a rewarding experience. I really don't want to move to 16.04 LTS, but unfortunately 12.04 is not going to be supported by the Ubuntu boys anymore. Already JRiver 23 refuse to run on the old Ubuntu 12.04 base, and eventually more will fail.

Might as well bite the bullet and moveUndecided.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

On the 6th of March this month I have NFI what Angular2, TypeScript and all those mumbo jumbo is. I used a bit of JavaScript here and there but not very good at it.

If you look at post #4, that's how raw I was.

[Image: Step_0.png]
Around 3 weeks later. From the above, to this. [Image: love.gif]
The video don't really give this justice, but what a difference. [Image: Uhuhuh.gif]

There is still something wrong with that chart, changed it from pie chart to this and still the labels don't line up right Bored . Very much a work in progress at this stage, but I hope this actually works.

Not a lot has happened since the last update as I was quite busy with other non Snakeoil related stuff. Ever since I've blown the USB port of my Accuphase DC-37 suprisingly I've been spending more critical listening time listening to music than doing this. Quite a bit alarmed that the S/PDIF input from Audio-Gd DI (which itself is a USB unit) can give me so much more emotional connection with redbook materials. But that's another story to be told another day.

Progress update!

Dashboard and network tabs are almost feature complete now!
[Image: serenade.gif]
The one thing I hate about the current Snakeoil software is you have to submit changes, and then get error feedback (something almost everything missed!). This new UI will hopefully improve on that.

That red box you see below with two text labels at the bottom took me a long time to understand and get working. But what it is doing is it gives you instant feedback on what is wrong with the entry. This mechanism works better than the current system and hopefully will mean less frustration for you guys (I just need to work on the error messages, something hopefully can be refined over time).
[Image: Redesigned_Network_Module.png]
This picture also signify I have cleared all the major roadblocks that are identified in the 1.0.0 Roadmap. There are probably some unforseen difficulities later down the road, but for now progress is going well (if not faster than expected).

For now, trying to do as much as I possibly can before I go hide somewhere in a cave whilst cramming for some Cisco exams. 
[Image: work.gif]

"I just need to work on the error messages"

"For now, trying to do as much as I possibly can before I go hide somewhere in a cave whilst cramming for some Cisco exams"

All the best for those exams !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • agent_kith

Looks very promising!!! :-)

3 down, 4 more to go. Page still looks average, but there are lots of things working behind the scenes to render this page. The decision to abandon PHP and go into uncharted waters with Angular and RESTful worked out far better than anticipated. Thumbs Up

Overrall, the project is still well ahead of schedule. What I considered to be the most difficult challenge (spinning up the new 16.04.02 LTS LiveCDs), took less than a week to complete. Very happy (and surprised) with the progress and pace. Kiss Go Angular!

Probably just jinxed myself with this post Rolleyes. Perhaps a brick wall is just around the corner. Big Grin

(11-Apr-2017, 08:58 AM)agent_kith Wrote: 3 down, 4 more to go. Page still looks average, but there are lots of things working behind the scenes to render this page. The decision to abandon PHP and go into uncharted waters with Angular and RESTful worked out far better than anticipated. Thumbs Up

Overrall, the project is still well ahead of schedule. What I considered to be the most difficult challenge (spinning up the new 16.04.02 LTS LiveCDs), took less than a week to complete. Very happy (and surprised) with the progress and pace. Kiss Go Angular!

Probably just jinxed myself with this post Rolleyes. Perhaps a brick wall is just around the corner. Big Grin

It would be nice to add the ability to specify additional mount options. For example, for NFS, the following parameters would be useful: rsize, nolock, udp, timeo
https://linux.die.net/man/5/nfs
Sorry for my English
[GA-H170M-D3H + G4400 + SOtM tX-USB] > Ortofon DGI-K2 Silver > LKS Audio MH-DA003 USB Upgrade > Audioquest Colorado > Audio Note P2SE > Audio Note AN-B > Tannoy D500

[-] The following 1 user Likes m@jor's post:
  • agent_kith

(14-Apr-2017, 06:16 PM)m@jor Wrote: It would be nice to add the ability to specify additional mount options. For example, for NFS, the following parameters would be useful: rsize, nolock, udp, timeo
That's an excellent idea. Thumbs Up

Added to the 1.0.0 feature list.

(15-Apr-2017, 07:49 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(14-Apr-2017, 06:16 PM)m@jor Wrote: It would be nice to add the ability to specify additional mount options. For example, for NFS, the following parameters would be useful: rsize, nolock, udp, timeo
Added to the 1.0.0 feature list.
And implemented! Please keep the suggestions coming. The 4 day super long Easter weekend wasn't as productive as planned/hoped (Sleepy for nearly 3 days straight).

Anyway, the old Snakeoil web-app hardware and software selection isn't up to scratch as it was made "on the run". Supporting multiple audio cards isn't really working well.

This is the new re-design. If you select a software that requires manual configuration (e.g. DeadBeef, etc), the ALSA device configuration panels will not show up.

The only time the ALSA configuration pops up is when you select software like MPD and LMS (i.e. automatic configuration). Software that requires secondary players (e.g. Logitech Media Server requires Squeezelite or NAA) will pop up one additional panel asking you to select one. Adding audio devices is now done by clicking on a button (the old way of specifying card and device numbers are confusing a lot of users). These changes are set for 1.0.0 release. This will be tweaked in the future as I get new feedback over time. 
[Image: woa.gif]
Sounds confusing? Here's a video demoing the changes (Switch to HD as anything lower than 720p seems to be a blur).

With that in mind, 2 more tabs left to go. 
[Image: bike.gif]