Request For Comments: Snakeoil OS 1.1.0 (Blind Testing)
So there are only three tickets remaining in Blind Testing:
  • 0000114: [web-app] Common Remote Access WebApp to control MPD/LMS/XMMS/More
  • 0000117: [web-app] Remote Workaround pausing LMS internet stream
  • 0000037: [players] Figure out a way to make auto resume work when using Squeezelite

Although I really want to add these features into Blind Testing, now I'm honestly having second thoughts as I'm actually kind of worried adding the above might potentially affect the overall SQ. At the moment Blind Testing sounds pretty good in my setup - increased speed, better details, more image depth and better space perception. The way the sound fades of (the echos fade off), I finally get a semblance of that now.

The only downside is it's less warm.

A good mobile app will render this web remote useless anyway (so I'm kindda wasting time writing things that already exist). Overall Blind Testing is still a win and I'm am thinking I should quit while I'm ahead and push these 3 tickets to 1.2.0 instead. Think

Havn't made a decision yet. But for now and the near future I'd stop working on development - will just concentrate on documentation and fix any bugs in alpha 3.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

The snakeoil options are still not intuitive enough, you may have made your changes without realising you need to save the changes. Thought about floating or fixing the cancel/save buttons to always keep them in view but that looks kindda funky. So decided to just add a panel at the top to remind  folks to scroll down.

Still looks kind of weird, but will improve this down the road.

[Image: reminder.png]

Been a while since my last update. My company moved premises earlier this month, and me being jack of all trades is tasked to setup the networking gear for the company. That took up a lot of my time, and also we are also involved in the new hospital that is going to open soon here in Perth. Busy busy indeed.

Work on Snakeoil never ceased though, have closed off all the issues and fixed a few bugs. The manual is being updated but it's still unfinished. Because of the workload still ahead, have decided to drop the support for a built in web remote for now. Good web remotes already exist (e.g. Squeezer or MPDroid, etc) so we will get by for now. Work on the web remote will be moved to the next release.

Will be doing a bit of R&R for today, but once I am more rejuvenated I will finish up the current build and release Blind Testing Beta 1!

Working on the documentations, one stage I need to find a screenshot of the first ever version of Snakeoil OS, and I'm like[Image: cruch.gif]

[Image: sr_-_main.png]
[Image: wow1.gif]

Just a quick update that things are still progressing with Blind Testing. I've decided to do another pre-release - Release Candidate 1. After which it's likely to be official release time.

Not sure of ETA since I only have < 30 minutes to work on this every day, but I'd try my best to smash this out before the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

You can always keep track of what I'm doing by looking at the Blind Testing roadmap: here.

[Image: studying.gif] [Image: studying.gif][Image: studying.gif]

[Image: linted.png]
This was the big one. Linting the C++ code to make sure it's up to scratch.. Turns out it wasn't before, but at least it's a lot better now. If you're not sure what linting is all about, have a read of what it is here: wikipedia article. The tools used are CLang and cppcheck.

Took nearly a week, and 2 failed attempts and finally it's ready to be test!!! 's 1205 additions and 1151 deletions, let's hope everything's bug free.
[Image: cheer3.gif] [Image: cheer3.gif] [Image: cheer3.gif]

Unfortunately might have to let the Blind Testing release date slip a few days as I didn't get the time to finish up the remaining code over the weekend. Having said that, hope you guys are happy with RC1.

It's been a year since a major release, and I hope you guys will enjoy the next release (when it's ready). Hopefully the additional features and improved sound quality will blow you guys away. It certainly did for me. Smile

And Blind Testing is now official! Enjoy.

I'm going to take this weekend off, then start getting on with the port to the Raspberry Pi in a couple of days.

Hi agent_kith,

Please add:
- Playing musicfiles from RAM!
- FIR (loudspeaker phase linearization!)
- Webclient: FIR (taps table!)
- Webclient: Fileexplorer
- MPD optimalise (no log, etc)
- OverSampling support
- Sample-Rate Converters

Thank you.
Have nice day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toto's post:
  • agent_kith