Request For Comments: Snakeoil OS 1.1.0 (Blind Testing)
Snakeoil OS Golden Ears is now out the door. Any bugs reported for Golden Ears will still be fixed (v1.0.x, where X is a number > 0, e.g. ).

But it's time now to build on Golden Ears, and start working on the next Snakeoil OS release. Announcing:

Snakeoil v1.1.0 (Blind Testing)
Here's some new features planned for Blind Testing: Blind Testing Road map 

The big things are:
  • Common Remote Client (This should make auto resume play work again for LMS users)
  • CGroups (Allow you to isolate process to a CPU)
  • Networking enhancements
Most of the features are user suggestions. Please post here if you have any features you want added in release Blind Testing. Any development updates on Blind Testing will also be posted here.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

Not sure if this is able to be modified or is integral in LMS........ ?
When playing a webradio stream select pause in LMS and sound stops but stream continues in the background (as noted by router activity) To stop the stream completely the playlist has to be cleared. To restart the stream a new playlist has to be selected and play restarted.

On my Pi using Moode (mpd) the pause button stops the sound and the stream (router activity) and the playlist remains selected. Clicking pause restarts the stream and the sound output.

Could that be made default action for LMS in Snakeoil...?

(11-Aug-2017, 03:37 AM)Bromf Wrote: Not sure if this is able to be modified or is integral in LMS........ ?
When playing a webradio stream select pause in LMS and sound stops but stream continues in the background (as noted by router activity) To stop the stream completely the playlist has to be cleared. To restart the stream a new playlist has to be selected and play restarted.
If the web remote works, and you're using the web remote. Then yes. I can do that. Added above to the list of things to do. Thanks for the suggestion. Thumbs Up

(11-Aug-2017, 03:37 AM)Bromf Wrote: On my Pi using Moode (mpd) the pause button stops the sound and the stream (router activity) and the playlist remains selected. Clicking pause restarts the stream and the sound output.

Could that be made default action for LMS in Snakeoil...?
This really seems like a feature of the LMS plugin rather than a bug. LMS buffers the music so when you unpause it replays at the moment the music is paused, whereas in MPD it stops the stream and then restarts when plays again.

Can you try and press the "STOP" on LMS, but don't clear the playlist. Check your router to see if LMS is still buffering the stream?

Regardless I can have an option for the yet to be written WebRemote to emulate the behaviour of MPD.

How about native Keybindings...?

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...ngs#pid715

(12-Aug-2017, 05:39 PM)Bromf Wrote: How about native Keybindings...?

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...ngs#pid715
Good idea. Added. Thumbs Up

Trying to automate the building and testing parts of Snakeoil OS. All the code are stored in a software called GitLab. And when I make a change, the code will go through a series of operations (called a pipeline). As you can see below:

[Image: Git_Lab_Pipelines.png]
Under the column Stages you'd see several symbols. A stage is basically a step or a process along the pipeline. A green tick means everything works, a blue crescent moon means the process is currently running. A orange pause means the stage is pending (will be run at a later time).

Every stage must be error free for the pipeline to pass (First column).

The cool thing with this pipeline idea is twofold:
  • firmwares, modules and ISO images can be built automatically
  • Everything can be automatically checked for errors
The idea is I work on the code on one computer, and the pipelines will generate Snakeoil OS for 32 bit PC, 64 bit PC and 64 bit ARMv7. This form of automation will save me a lot of time, and also increase the quality and reliability of future Snakeoil OS builds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

I'm just going to keep adding things here.....not saying they should all happen just brainstorming to give you some options... :-)

qmmp ? as another player..... winamp style, equaliser, skins, dsp

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/08/insta...mmp-ubuntu

(13-Aug-2017, 12:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: I'm just going to keep adding things here.....not saying they should all happen just brainstorming to give you some options... :-)

In general new players can be added now in 1.0.x releases and don't have to wait. I'd work on adding this player in the next release.

A tad busy this week so don't have a lot of time to work on Snakeoil OS. Today spent some time trying to finish the automatic Snakeoil firmware and ISO creation. No ARMv7 builds yet, but with this setup it should hopefully be easy and straight forward to add support for that eventually.

[Image: pipeline.png]
Kernel building is also automated like the above now. I'd send a kernel configuration file to the system above and it'd spit out the built 32 bit and 64 kernels automatically, ready to be uploaded to my Snakeoil OS machine.

Over the next few days I'd concentrate on releasing an update for 1.0.x series. After that it'd be back to working on 1.1.0 and kernel experimentations.

(13-Aug-2017, 12:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: I'm just going to keep adding things here.....not saying they should all happen just brainstorming to give you some options... :-)

QMMP support is now added in 1.0.2. You can install this automatically from the Snakeoil tab. Let me know how it goes, thanks Thanks .