Rpi4+AlloDigiOne sig. Snakeoil os installation problem
Hello ,
I have Rpi4 2GB with AlloDigiOneSignature hat and I want to install Snakeoil OS on it.First I install Raspberry Pi OS Lite 32-bit , then put the SD-card with snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh but nothing happened. Then I installed  ubuntu-20.04.4-preinstalled-server-armhf+raspi.img instead of Raspberry Pi OS and try again with snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh on another SD card but no results .In both cases I got this on display: 

[Image: 20220312-164941.jpg]

Please help me , what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I should  take AlloDigiOne off the Rpi and then try  installation.
My idea for the first hand is to run server and player on this combination  and latter to split server on one Rpi and player on the other (Rpi+AlloDig.).Sorry for my poor english.

After little research on this forum  I successfully installed Snakeoil OS on Rpi and login via IP adress from my desktop PC .   

Rpi  - SD card with Raspberry PI OS lite 32bit  - WinSCP - snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh - Putty SSH - sudo bash snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh

Enough for today, I will continue my research tomorrow.

(13-Mar-2022, 06:49 AM)Luke 38 Wrote: After little research on this forum  I successfully installed Snakeoil OS on Rpi and login via IP adress from my desktop PC .   

Rpi  - SD card with Raspberry PI OS lite 32bit  - WinSCP - snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh - Putty SSH - sudo bash snakeoil-installer-1.2.0-armv7l.sh

Enough for today, I will continue my research tomorrow.

Ubuntu version of Pi is unlikely going to work, at least it's not tested. 

Pi OS is working, but Logitech Media Server might require an update. Just go to LMS and download the latest version for Pi.

Doing a lot of other things lately and havn't had the time to look properly into Pi as yet.

Edit:  Also, how did you get that screenshot? Looks like it's doing a OS install over the Internet? As I understand it u need to flash your Pi in order to get this?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(13-Mar-2022, 09:02 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Edit:  Also, how did you get that screenshot? Looks like it's doing a OS install over the Internet? As I understand it u need to flash your Pi in order to get this?
Hello @agent_kith  , It's not a screenshot, it's a photo made by mobil phone  Wink  I install Rpi OS via SD card , then transfer Snakeoil OS installer file over WinSCP to SD card folder on Rpi and run installation via SSH.Everything were nice and easy.

My next question is how I can get Bubble upnp server? Can't find it among the others servers.

Problem - can't find AlloDigione card at my "Output devices".  Only this:

[Image: screencapture-192-168-1-108-pages-player...-48-48.jpg]

[Image: 20220313-155129.jpg]

How can I add Allodigione I2S to SPDIF card to Snakeoil OS output devices?
Tried with LMS+Squeezelight , but Squeezelight wont working.

[Image: screencapture-192-168-1-108-pages-player...-59-23.jpg]

Still no music.When I take out  SD card with Raspbian and Snakeoil  OS from Rpi4  and   put another SD card with Volumio(Roon bridge) everything work properly , "out of the box". My idea is to switch from Roon to Snakeoil OS . NUC will be Snakeoil OS server and Rpi4+Allodigione will be Snakeoil OS player.I don't have usb dac , only coax in dac . My previous experience is that it is better to separate server and player on two machines.

(13-Mar-2022, 11:13 PM)Luke 38 Wrote: Still no music.When I take out  SD card with Raspbian and Snakeoil  OS from Rpi4  and   put another SD card with Volumio(Roon bridge) everything work properly , "out of the box". My idea is to switch from Roon to Snakeoil OS . NUC will be Snakeoil OS server and Rpi4+Allodigione will be Snakeoil OS player.I don't have usb dac , only coax in dac . My previous experience is that it is better to separate server and player on two machines.
You have to remember you're installing a stock Raspbian OS and it's not pre-configured to use your Allodigione card.
Modify /boot/config.txt and add this line to it:
Code:
dtoverlay=allo-digione

Reboot the Pi and you should see the audio device. So Snakeoil now isn't an out of the box solution like most audiophile OS. While it was a few release back, bu the PC hardware Snakeoil is designed for is no longer available and we have to make this change to make Snakeoil a lot more generic.

Thank you @agent_kith .Work perfectly.

(16-Mar-2022, 03:38 AM)Luke 38 Wrote: Thank you @agent_kith .Work perfectly.
Noice!

Might add something in the WebApp in the future to configure different HATs, but have to clear all the other outstanding tasks first before I can look into this.

To revive old topic - last year I tried Snake Oil on rPi4+AlloDigiOne sig. combination.Installation was successful after @agent_kith s help.  Used SO for few weeks , results were good but I always liked to have server on one machine and player on the other so I stoped using SO on rPi 4. Early this year I install SO on NUC as  server(LMS) and Picoreplayer(Squeezelite) on rPi4+AlloDigiOne sig. as player but what I really want is to have SO on rPi4 and try MPD and other players in SO.
My problem is that I can't install SO on rPi4.Tried with Raspberry OS 32bit , Ubuntu 20.4 , 22.4 , 23.4  but always get same error : 
"Checking CPU:wrong installer ,please use aarch64 installer."

Tried both SO installer but without success.Always same error.Here is screenshot:
[Image: Snake-Oil.jpg]
I suppose it's a trivial problem , something like we said in my country :"Can't see the forest because of the tree."
I'd aprecciate it if you could help me.

(31-Aug-2023, 03:13 PM)Luke 38 Wrote: To revive old topic - last year I tried Snake Oil on rPi4+AlloDigiOne sig. combination.Installation was successful after @agent_kith s help.  Used SO for few weeks , results were good but I always liked to have server on one machine and player on the other so I stoped using SO on rPi 4. Early this year I install SO on NUC as  server(LMS) and Picoreplayer(Squeezelite) on rPi4+AlloDigiOne sig. as player but what I really want is to have SO on rPi4 and try MPD and other players in SO.
My problem is that I can't install SO on rPi4.Tried with Raspberry OS 32bit , Ubuntu 20.4 , 22.4 , 23.4  but always get same error : 
"Checking CPU:wrong installer ,please use aarch64 installer."

Tried both SO installer but without success.Always same error.Here is screenshot:
[Image: Snake-Oil.jpg]
I suppose it's a trivial problem , something like we said in my country :"Can't see the forest because of the tree."
I'd aprecciate it if you could help me.

Been there. My theory is that the latest Raspberry Pi OS has a new version of the Linux kernel, and this is causing the problems. You need to install an earlier version of Raspberry Pi OS and all should go well. I have posted about this elsewhere on this forum, but can't see the posts right now.

I'll have a look at my notes and post precisely what you need to do in the morning (I'm in the UK).