[SOLVED] Doesn't recognise all files in MPD
Dear Snakeoil, 

I'm new to Snakeoil from Voyage MPD Linux.   Thanks a lot for your great work!
Look, after mounting the music folders either in different partition of the same HD, or from NAS, Snakeoil only can recognise some files in the folders.  Many of folders only shows 1 music file inside.  But some folders can show all.  All those music files are in neither .wav, or .dsf.   I can play them and display them flawlessly in Voyage MPD Linux. 

Would you pls. help?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Billy
 Go to solution Reply

(23-Jan-2019, 09:57 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Dear Snakeoil, 

I'm new to Snakeoil from Voyage MPD Linux.   Thanks a lot for your great work!
Look, after mounting the music folders either in different partition of the same HD, or from NAS, Snakeoil only can recognise some files in the folders.  Many of folders only shows 1 music file inside.  But some folders can show all.  All those music files are in neither .wav, or .dsf.   I can play them and display them flawlessly in Voyage MPD Linux. 

Would you pls. help?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Billy
I noticed this recently when working on MPD - if you have a large music collection you may need to wait till the database scanning is completed before all the files are shown.

Have you double checked that data scanning is completed?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Dear Snakeoil,

Thanks for your reply, sir! 

After some trials last night, I found it works the problem happens to those compilation albums, such as sampler, and those album with different artists for different tracks.  In fact, I've already set the "album artist" of these compilation album as "Various Artist" and they work well for years in Voyage MPD Linux.  So far seems those albums without different artists is fine.  And I think the scan is completed.    Big Grin

And interestingly, I also found that, this problem also happens to win & mac desktop version "Cantata 2.3.2" https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases.    That's my main and favor mpd desktop client.   Also it happens in "Rigelian" v1.4.2 (an iPad MPD app) https://www.rigelian.net/ on my iPad.  But Rigelian gives me some insight.  Those compilation album are showing as different albums with different Artists.  And even worse is, it doesn't work with Snakeoil properly.  The Album tab doesn't work with Snakeoil at all.......  Undecided  

But, with android mpd client app "MAFA" https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ndroid.mpd .  So far this app can show all the files normally.  I'm not sure what is happening.  Just a layman guess, I doubt it's something about the name used in "album artists".   Think

If you don't mind, would you please tell me how to solve it?  Thank you very much.  Thank you very much again, Snakeoil. Shy

Best,
Billy

If I've cleared "Album Artist" in tag, then the tracks are back but not shown in 1 single album....... 

[Image: image.jpg]

I'm knee deep trying to recover all the computer stuffs I've lost today. Will get back to you once I get this sorted out.

(24-Jan-2019, 04:17 PM)agent_kith Wrote: I'm knee deep trying to recover all the computer stuffs I've lost today. Will get back to you once I get this sorted out.

Good Luck, sir!  
And after several hrs trial and errors.  I found:
1) all those files are shown, but they are scattered around as I sorted by artist.  After I set sorting by "Album, Artist", then they appeared.  Like previous uploaded screen shot;
[Image: image.jpg]

2) there could be a hint from the ipad app Rigelian, it said "id3-tag albumartist is not configured".  Could it be the solution?  Think

[Image: IMG-20190124-184410511.jpg]

Hello, Agent Kith,

Would you please tell me how to enable the "albumartist" support in Snake-oil MPD?  I'm using V.2.0.  Your help will be highly appreciated.  :D

(11-Feb-2019, 04:32 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Hello, Agent Kith,

Would you please tell me how to enable the "albumartist" support in Snake-oil MPD?  I'm using V.2.0.  Your help will be highly appreciated.  Big Grin
Hi, sorry, havn't been able to get back to you quickly with this. For now, you have to modify the template files manually.

Modify /var/www/players/mpd-v20/mpd.conf.template, and look for the line that begins with "metadata_to_use "
Code:
metadata_to_use "artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,disc"

Change it to
Code:
metadata_to_use "albumartist,artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,disc"

After you modified the file, restart the player from the WebGUI. And do a rescan. And you should get access to this new tag.

Will look into ways to make this easier in a future release.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

Hey, man, seems the problem solved.   I've also changed "mpd-v21/mpd.conf.template" after updated with your latest snakeoil-1.1.2-x86_64.fw.   It works!!
If there is any problem, I'll report to you.  
BTW, Thanks for your good job FW1.1.2!!  [Image: good_job.gif]

(11-Feb-2019, 08:10 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Hey, man, seems the problem solved.   I've also changed "mpd-v21/mpd.conf.template" after updated with your latest snakeoil-1.1.2-x86_64.fw.   It works!!
If there is any problem, I'll report to you.  
BTW, Thanks for your good job FW1.1.2!!  [Image: good_job.gif]
There is at least one problem I know of. When you update the firmware, those settings will be back to the default and you will need to reedit those files. Having said that, settings like this will be exposed as GUI edit fields in the future. And once that is done your custom settings will remain when you upgrade the firmware.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr