[SOLVED] Duplicate albums in myMPD CoverGrid view
(13-Apr-2020, 06:10 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Delete the file '/etc/mympd.conf', then upload the fix module again. Did the file reappear? And also, does mympd work now?

The config file in the fix has the correct connection info, (it uses 127.0.0.1 which is the same as localhost).

I'm guessing, that user part is the problem. In Snakeoil, it needs to be www-data. But if you started with myMPD, then you'll need to wipe out everything in /var/lib/mympd first before restarting mympd. I'll see if I can fix this in the next fix update.

That worked !  (deleted both /etc/mympd.conf and /var/lib/mympd then uploaded the new firmware)

myMPD loads and works as expected (with the exception of the multiple covers in gridview. Still not sure what's happening there but it is consistently showing one cover for each track (less 1) of each album...weird Big Grin  )
 Go to solution Reply

(13-Apr-2020, 03:16 AM)Bromf Wrote: Good that it worked for you !
Are you getting the multiple covers problem in gridview ?

never use, BTW how to get the gridview?

(14-Apr-2020, 01:01 PM)seafoodlover Wrote:
(13-Apr-2020, 03:16 AM)Bromf Wrote: Good that it worked for you !
Are you getting the multiple covers problem in gridview ?

never use, BTW how to get the gridview?
in myMPD go to 'Browse' and there are 4 tabs at the top...4th one is Covergrid..... shows the albums as cover art.

(13-Apr-2020, 12:29 PM)agent_kith Wrote: As for grid view, it could be a problem with myMPD itself.. I'll double check that later.

I wondered about that... so tried a couple of other distros using the current myMPD and the grid view worked fine.... One cover per album. (using the same flash-drive for all and snakeoil so exactly the same files.)

Then thought it may be my Snakeoil install (I've had it installed for  some time and tried out plenty of experimental tweaks Wink ).
Today I made a fresh install of snakeoil 1.1.0 and snakeoil 1.1.9-x86_64 firmware and the generic myMPD firmware fix....

Still, fresh ootb , it shows multiple covers for each album in gridview. 
Each album has  duplicate covers equal to the number of tracks on the album, less one.

This suggests snakeoil is indexing files for each album and adding the artwork for each rather than for all. Is it a tag reading problem ??  Artwork is named  folder.jpg once for each album (and not embedded )

Odd that no one else has reported this....and I haven't yet found anything searching the myMPD github pages.

Baffled.. Smile

(25-Apr-2020, 05:47 AM)Bromf Wrote: I wondered about that... so tried a couple of other distros using the current myMPD and the grid view worked fine.... One cover per album. (using the same flash-drive for all and snakeoil so exactly the same files.)

Then thought it may be my Snakeoil install (I've had it installed for  some time and tried out plenty of experimental tweaks Wink ).
Today I made a fresh install of snakeoil 1.1.0 and snakeoil 1.1.9-x86_64 firmware and the generic myMPD firmware fix....

Each album has  duplicate covers equal to the number of tracks on the album, less one.

This suggests snakeoil is indexing files for each album and adding the artwork for each rather than for all. Is it a tag reading problem ??  Artwork is named  folder.jpg once for each album (and not embedded )

Odd that no one else has reported this....and I haven't yet found anything searching the myMPD github pages.

Baffled.. Smile
Oh, that reminds me.. Do you have embedded folder art in the files themselves? I think I compiled myMPD to do that instead of relying on folder.jpg in the files. I'm not sure which one myMPD will take precedent, can you confirm? If so, what do you guys like? For me to disable that instead and resort to the old way?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(26-Apr-2020, 08:18 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(25-Apr-2020, 05:47 AM)Bromf Wrote: I wondered about that... so tried a couple of other distros using the current myMPD and the grid view worked fine.... One cover per album. (using the same flash-drive for all and snakeoil so exactly the same files.)

Baffled.. Smile
Oh, that reminds me.. Do you have embedded folder art in the files themselves? I think I compiled myMPD to do that instead of relying on folder.jpg in the files. I'm not sure which one myMPD will take precedent, can you confirm? If so, what do you guys like? For me to disable that instead and resort to the old way?

No, artwork is not embedded.... it is present for each album as folder.jpg once only but snakeoil version of myMPD seems to apply the folder.jpg to each track of an album and display them as if they were albums.....
Would rather have folder.jpg than embedded.. or a setting to toggle preference... (I know many mp3 tagging apps embed as default... but I use .flac and separate artwork folder. )

(26-Apr-2020, 08:39 AM)Bromf Wrote: No, artwork is not embedded.... it is present for each album as folder.jpg once only but snakeoil version of myMPD seems to apply the folder.jpg to each track of an album and display them as if they were albums.....
Would rather have folder.jpg than embedded.. or a setting to toggle preference... (I know many mp3 tagging apps embed as default... but I use .flac and separate artwork folder. )
I'll see if I can have a look into this later. Apologies for the buggy release. Tongue Changing way too many things at once, so it's still a bit iffy trying to nail everything down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf

@Bromf Can you take a screencap of the problematic myMPD screen so I can get a better idea what the problem is? And the URL as well so I can try and replicate it? I had a quick look in my setup and I'm not sure what is wrong (yet).

TIA.

(26-Apr-2020, 06:46 PM)agent_kith Wrote: @Bromf Can you take a screencap of the problematic myMPD screen so I can get a better idea what the problem is? And the URL as well so I can try and replicate it? I had a quick look in my setup and I'm not sure what is wrong (yet).

TIA.

Hi, I'd like to thank you for your efforts. I've been under the weather and meant to thank you earlier but wasn't able.   I have the same bug.  It occurs in the Browse>covergrid view.  Each song is gets it's own thumbnail. Here's a screen cap of the issue -

[Image: my-MPD-bug.jpg]

If you click on any one of the thumbnails, it lists the entire album, as if myMPD thinks each song is an album -

[Image: my-MPD-bug-B.jpg]

Every thumbnail has this behavior, it lists the same album that the song is part of.

TIA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Great_Pumpkin's post:
  • agent_kith

(27-Apr-2020, 01:47 AM)Great_Pumpkin Wrote: Hi, I'd like to thank you for your efforts. I've been under the weather and meant to thank you earlier but wasn't able.   I have the same bug.  It occurs in the Browse>covergrid view.  Each song is gets it's own thumbnail. Here's a screen cap of the issue -
If you click on any one of the thumbnails, it lists the entire album, as if myMPD thinks each song is an album -
Every thumbnail has this behavior, it lists the same album that the song is part of.
That is very helpful! Seems the problem is in Cover Grid only. e.g. when in database tab, selecting "artist" or "album artist" looks fine, no duplicates. AFAICT this is not a cofiguration issue (but could be wrong). I'll have to dig deeper into this to find out what the problem is.

As for 1.1.9, the problem with Windows sharing should be Windows 10 itself (They have disabled SMBv1), so the problem should be on Windows side (I'm using a dedicated NAS so can't troubleshoot this problem atm, will re-look into this later). Logitechmediaserver is not included in the firmware (only squeezelite is). So should be safe. Having said that, the bugs could be real, just that my setup isn't showing them.

Report the problems and list as many details as you can (as you did) so I can recreate the problem. i.e. I need more information than what the problem is (sometimes lost connection isn't really informative as I need a much details as possible on how to recreate this problem Huh ).

Once I can recreate the problem, then I can fix it. Thumbs Up