[SOLVED] HP Compaq NX7400
(30-Jul-2019, 12:39 AM)luiswu Wrote: It doesn't let me do the installation, it gives me an error.
in none of the two files.
There are two kernels, install and upgrade.  In the WebApp, you can only perform a kernel upgrade.

With install kernels, you'll need to modify your boot USB. In the linked thread, there is a section that outlines how to modify the boot USB with a custom kernel. Follow the steps listed there and things should get going.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(30-Jul-2019, 03:12 AM)Bromf Wrote: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-nx7400/specs/
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core...513.0.html

32 bit processor ?
Looks like it. This is a rare item indeed as pure 32 bit processors are so hard to find thesedays. Be interesting to see how this will perform against the Atom.

(30-Jul-2019, 03:12 AM)Bromf Wrote: The error messages would suppose so...."Uploaded file is not meant for your CPU"

and previously you posted..."I have installed the fullnet 4.4.9 rt17-amd64-fullnet kernel and it does not work either"
I should have clarified that earlier. The full network stack kernel just includes more things above TCP/IP, things like bridging, routing, etc. It still doesn't support all the network interfaces out there. To do that will mean creating a "fat" kernel, and so far, that will degrade the SQ when compared to the current strategy adopted by Snakeoil (i.e. lean kernel including only minimal drivers for a computer).

(30-Jul-2019, 03:12 AM)Bromf Wrote: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-nx7400/specs/

32 bit processor ?

The error messages would suppose so...."Uploaded file is not meant for your CPU"

and previously you posted..."I have installed the fullnet 4.4.9 rt17-amd64-fullnet kernel and it does not work either"

The laptop HP Compaq NX7400 works in 64bits

[Image: 2019-07-30-16-43-55.jpg]

(30-Jul-2019, 10:39 PM)luiswu Wrote:

32 bit processor ?

The error messages would suppose so...."Uploaded file is not meant for your CPU"

Well ... anyway I am thinking of not using the laptop, many problems and I think that the sound will not be better than as I now have it.
The computer in another room to avoid fan noises and more quality than the laptop. Anyway I will try the new kernel to see if it works.
And keep learning from this wonderful system that is the Sankeoil.
In the end, if I could hear the DSD files in DSD, it would be fantastic, I already gave you the characteristics of the DAC Taga Harmony, but I leave you the link so you can see it well

https://www.tagaharmony.com/en/product/1166/da-300-v-3

Thank you very much for everything.

[Image: 2019-07-30-17-03-27.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes luiswu's post:
  • agent_kith

(30-Jul-2019, 10:39 PM)luiswu Wrote: Thank you very much for everything.
It's my pleasure.

You can try swap out the computer SMPS to a ultra linear PS, e.g. JS-2.

Also, because the computer (bus, CPU, etc) are running at a highish frequency, it's also a good idea to put the computer in a metal computer case (or a plastic case with some grounded sheild lining). That way you can reduce any potential environmental noise. However, for reasons I can't fathom, this can "dull" the sound. So at the end of the day you may actually prefer the sound from an exposed layout. At least you have tried both approaches and pick the one that fits you best. Thumbs Up

Good news!!!
This time I created the .iso in the Windows environment with Rufus and voila I already have a network.
It works perfectly.
Agent_Kith you have solved almost all the problems I had with the hardware, it is a real pleasure to have a technical support of this quality and speed, again, thank you very much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes luiswu's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

My question now is if I change the Kernel to DSD, will I lose the network connection?
Did you change the vmlinuz of the DSD to that of Broadcom?
The files in DSD  does not work in DoP mode. The DAC changes color but nothing sounds

(11-Aug-2019, 06:44 PM)luiswu Wrote: My question now is if I change the Kernel to DSD, will I lose the network connection?
You are right on that. the current DSD kernel don't support that network chip.

I've yet to work on the auto kernel/ISO build server. When that server is up, a lot of these hurdles will go away. Please bear with me until then.

(11-Aug-2019, 06:44 PM)luiswu Wrote: The files in DSD  does not work in DoP mode. The DAC changes color but nothing sounds
That colour change, does it imply it's detecting a DSD signal? Have you confirmed the volume is set to 100%? DoP needs software mixer to be at 100% to work. MPD disables software mixer by default, but ALSA might still set your audio output device to a lower level.

(12-Aug-2019, 08:10 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(11-Aug-2019, 06:44 PM)luiswu Wrote: My question now is if I change the Kernel to DSD, will I lose the network connection?
You are right on that. the current DSD kernel don't support that network chip.

I've yet to work on the auto kernel/ISO build server. When that server is up, a lot of these hurdles will go away. Please bear with me until then.
(11-Aug-2019, 06:44 PM)luiswu Wrote: The files in DSD  does not work in DoP mode. The DAC changes color but nothing sounds
That colour change, does it imply it's detecting a DSD signal? Have you confirmed the volume is set to 100%? DoP needs software mixer to be at 100% to work. MPD disables software mixer by default, but ALSA might still set your audio output device to a lower level.

When I play files in DSD64, 128, 256  the light is white(RGB) and if it sounds.
I pass you photo with the reference of the colors.
Volume is 100%

[Image: 2019-08-12-19-42-07.jpg]

(13-Aug-2019, 01:50 AM)luiswu Wrote: When I play files in DSD64, 128, 256  the light is white(RGB) and if it sounds.
I pass you photo with the reference of the colors.
Volume is 100%

[Image: 2019-08-12-19-42-07.jpg]
Not sure if I'm seeing things correctly, but white isn't in that list? Try DoP, if that doesn't work then I guess the DAC is just not supported in Snakeoil. Software can only do so much unfortunately, sorry.

Performed several sound tests with the laptop, it has lost all its magic .. it has become heavier and thicker, the delicate nuances and depth is no longer what they ran ...
That valvular sweetness is gone.
The test is very curious ... I return to the previous configuration of the computer without housing and with all the services canceled (serial port, parallel, without hard drives, all possible inputs and outputs canceled ...)
...And everything works again and gets in place!!
One thing that if I plan to change the source of supply and a good USB Hi-Fi output.
I think that the simpler and with few and good elements, Snakeoil is a perfect software for listening to music at the highest levels.

[Image: 2019-07-25-14-11-57.jpg]