[SOLVED] HQPlayer cannot find NAA on Snakeoil machine
(28-Feb-2017, 09:46 AM)scan80269 Wrote: I added the export line to /var/www/cgi/init and rebooted, but there was no change: webpage Player Status still shows ERROR.  I believe the NAA process name is simply "networkaudiod".  I did "ps aux | grep networkaudiod" but no networkaudiod process showed up.  I did "sudo NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod restart", opened another SSH window and this time the "ps aux | grep networkaudiod" showed a running thread, and the webpage Player Status changes to ok with the same PID as with "ps aux | grep networkaudiod".  I did all this with the standard x64 kernel only.  Thanks.

This is plain weird LOL

Guess the only option now is to use the IPv6 kernel. This kernel should allow NAA to start automatically everytime (let me know if it doesn't for you).

Rest assured will fix this in the next 0.1.x release, and also the newer 1.x release down the road Thumbs Up.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

A bit more data.  With stock x64 kernel, some form of NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 is needed.  Without it, networkaudiod will return a bunch of error messages:

[networkaudiod]  (2278): clSocket::Create() : socket() : Address family not supported by protocol

then finally terminate with:

[networkaudiod]  (2278): ALSA backend uninitialized

All this was the result of me doing "sudo networkaudiod restart" instead of "sudo NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod restart".

It looks like the issue of networkaudiod not getting launched at boot is not directly correlated with NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0, though.

Actually, with 0.1.5b and the IPV6 kernel I still couldn't get networkaudiod to auto launch at boot.

With either stock x64 or IPV6 kernel, so far the only way I could get the NAA to run is to SSH in and do sudo.

Perhaps I should try uninstalling networkaudiod and re-installing?  Can these be done at the command prompt?

Thanks!

(28-Feb-2017, 09:53 AM)scan80269 Wrote: A bit more data.  With stock x64 kernel, some form of NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 is needed.  Without it, networkaudiod will return a bunch of error messages:

[networkaudiod]  (2278): clSocket::Create() : socket() : Address family not supported by protocol

then finally terminate with:

[networkaudiod]  (2278): ALSA backend uninitialized

All this was the result of me doing "sudo networkaudiod restart" instead of "sudo NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod restart".

It looks like the issue of networkaudiod not getting launched at boot is not directly correlated with NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0, though.

Actually, with 0.1.5b and the IPV6 kernel I still couldn't get networkaudiod to auto launch at boot.

With either stock x64 or IPV6 kernel, so far the only way I could get the NAA to run is to SSH in and do sudo.

Perhaps I should try uninstalling networkaudiod and re-installing?  Can these be done at the command prompt?

Thanks!
You can uninstall (and reinstall) NAA from the snakeoil tab. Shoot me a PM if you don't have a code (I think you do?).

I think the problem with NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6 is this environment is not read correctly by NAA. There are 3 UIDs that are used (root, your user, and www-data), and www-data is trying to start this service via sudo, and somehow it's not picking it up. Embedding this variable in the startup script used to work, but now it's a hit and miss for some reason.

Ideally NAA should detect there are no IPv6 interfaces and continue on, but it decide to quit with an error instead Huh. Exporting a variable is a silly way of doing things IMO but then again I'm sure the guy is a much better programmer than I am and it's just me that don't understand the smarts Thumbs Up.

Hopefully I can get some free time this weekend and look into this more. Will probably spin up a new firmware again then. Big Grin
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Thanks for all the help!  I think this issue is a small one, but perhaps a bit vexing.

BTW, I uninstalled HQPlayer NAA from the Snakeoil tab, rebooted, but afterwards HQPlayer NAA still appears as "Installed" within the Snakeoil tab.  No Software Player appears selected within the Software tab, though.  I repeated this twice but the NAA still shows as "Installed".  I can't tell whether this is just an installation status error or that the uninstallations failed or weren't completed.

Sorry I'm quite a Linux Neanderthal.  I can get a PC to boot Windows 10 without any local storage, but when it comes to anything Linux, I haven't advanced past the Stone Age... Shy

Thanks for releasing 0.1.5c, Agent Kith!

I just got NAA working great with 0.1.5c and x64-ipv6 kernel.  With stock x64 kernel, the NAA process also shows as OK (running), but HQPlayer fails to sense the NAA over the network.  Once I switched to x64-ipv6 kernel, it works consistently!  I'll keep this box running Snakeoil with the x64-ipv6 kernel, and move on to the fun part: listening!
[-] The following 1 user Likes scan80269's post:
  • agent_kith

Thanks for the work on NAA HQ Player through NAA is seamless now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes a.dent's post:
  • agent_kith