[SOLVED] MPD Pipe output
(29-Jun-2018, 08:10 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Hi William,

I've broken package install in the snakeoil menu.. So you'd need to install ecasound manually from SSH. Other than this the MPD pipe bit should work, let me know how it goes.

Hi Kith, I am happy to report that the beta 3 working well with the custom pipe output, I had some problem install Snakeoil to external SSD with USB 3.0 interface coexist with Windows 10, but this is other story. I have got it working after a couple of late nights and using a notebook internal HDD install.

Great piece of work that you have with Snakeoil, I will do more listening and testing in the weekend, initial impression is it sounds as good (if not better) as Jriver MC 23 in the same notebook under Windows 10.

By the way, I have made my donation to support your continue development  Thumbs Up

William

(04-Jul-2018, 11:52 AM)vv329 Wrote: Hi Kith, I am happy to report that the beta 3 working well with the custom pipe output, I had some problem install Snakeoil to external SSD with USB 3.0 interface coexist with Windows 10, but this is other story. I have got it working after a couple of late nights and using a notebook internal HDD install.
You can experiment with custom partitioning. But for this to work, whereever you install the grub bootloader needs to be the first boot device.

(04-Jul-2018, 11:52 AM)vv329 Wrote: Great piece of work that you have with Snakeoil, I will do more listening and testing in the weekend, initial impression is it sounds as good (if not better) as Jriver MC 23 in the same notebook under Windows 10.

By the way, I have made my donation to support your continue development  Thumbs Up

William 
Thanks Smile

Remember to check out all the articles in the tweak section to push that little bit further.  Thumbs Up
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • vv329

Hi, my amp boosts the base and cannot be defeated.  Can I use ecasound to flatten the sound profile?
I'd like to be able to do this with LMS as well but I cannot get LMS plugins to do this.

Thanks

(05-Jan-2019, 09:51 PM)D629497 Wrote: Hi, my amp boosts the base and cannot be defeated.  Can I use ecasound to flatten the sound profile?
I'd like to be able to do this with LMS as well but I cannot get LMS plugins to do this.

Thanks

Sounds like you need equalisation DSP. A simple way to do this is via ALSA EQ (https://kb.gtkc.net/mpd-with-the-alsa-equalizer-plugin/). For now doing this will require you to manually edit the template files and what not.

I'd see if I can make this easier in a future Snakeoil release.

(08-Jan-2019, 10:17 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(05-Jan-2019, 09:51 PM)D629497 Wrote: Hi, my amp boosts the base and cannot be defeated.  Can I use ecasound to flatten the sound profile?

Thanks

Sounds like you need equalisation DSP. A simple way to do this is via ALSA EQ (https://kb.gtkc.net/mpd-with-the-alsa-equalizer-plugin/). For now doing this will require you to manually edit the template files and what not.

I'd see if I can make this easier in a future Snakeoil release.

Thankyou, I'll give ita try. Smile 

I am curious.  Can MPD pipe output and ecasound be used to drive 2 USB DACs at the same time?  1 USB DAC for mains and 2nd USB DAC for subs.  If so, what does the custom audio config look like, including the ecasound command?

(22-Oct-2020, 08:30 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am curious.  Can MPD pipe output and ecasound be used to drive 2 USB DACs at the same time?  1 USB DAC for mains and 2nd USB DAC for subs.  If so, what does the custom audio config look like, including the ecasound command?
May be wrong, but IIRC, it just needs to define a second output and enable both. And both will be played automatically.

There are other ways to do this, via JACK (low latency), via pulseaudio (poor sound quality IMO), but the two outputs is probably the easiest. I havn't tried this yet, but if you have two audio devices, try adding them both in the config and see if it works. If not, I'll add in some extra logic ot make that happen, and will see how it goes from there.

(23-Oct-2020, 07:49 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(22-Oct-2020, 08:30 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am curious.  Can MPD pipe output and ecasound be used to drive 2 USB DACs at the same time?  1 USB DAC for mains and 2nd USB DAC for subs.  If so, what does the custom audio config look like, including the ecasound command?
May be wrong, but IIRC, it just needs to define a second output and enable both. And both will be played automatically.

There are other ways to do this, via JACK (low latency), via pulseaudio (poor sound quality IMO), but the two outputs is probably the easiest. I havn't tried this yet, but if you have two audio devices, try adding them both in the config and see if it works. If not, I'll add in some extra logic ot make that happen, and will see how it goes from there.
Thank you for the quick response.  Currently don't have a 2nd DAC, but will try to borrow one when our restrictions are lifted in Melbourne, hopefully on Sunday.  I do hope it is will be as easy as you say because ecasound looks complicated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • agent_kith

(23-Oct-2020, 07:49 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
Finally got round to looking at this. Have 2 DACs, can play to either HW:1,0 or HW 0,0 but not both together (in music player tab).  How do I define a second output and enable both?

(24-Feb-2021, 11:25 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Finally got round to looking at this. Have 2 DACs, can play to either HW:1,0 or HW 0,0 but not both together (in music player tab).  How do I define a second output and enable both?
That might require a UI update I believe. I'm working on getting Pi4 to work with Gear Isolation right now. Will look into this once I get that done. Remind me if I forget :p.

Been so busy with so many things it's hard to keep track.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Snoopy8