[SOLVED] MPD dead for usb Xmos device
No matter which MPD version I select the Hardware page shows the following....

card 2: x20 [xCORE USB Audio 2.0], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Params(2,0)
closed

If I choose LMS any version then the Hardware page shows....

Params(2,0)
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 441
buffer_size: 1764

or better depending on file played.

So, MPD does not work with my xmos usb device....
Seems to be .....

Audio glitches with certain USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices.
Cause: USB driver bugs in Linux kernel
Fix: Add dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 to the beginning of line in /boot/cmdline.txt

Where would I make these changes...??

BTW...you really..really have to get decent mpd software player..... client 175 is the pits...

(02-May-2017, 01:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: So, MPD does not work with my xmos usb device....
Seems to be .....
Upgrade to firmware 0.1.5c, MPD should work then. I should spin up a new 0.1.5c ISO. Hopefully can do so in the next few days.

(02-May-2017, 01:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: Audio glitches with certain USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices.
Cause: USB driver bugs in Linux kernel
Fix: Add dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 to the beginning of line in /boot/cmdline.txt

Where would I make these changes...??
Where do you get this message from?

(02-May-2017, 01:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: BTW...you really..really have to get decent mpd software player..... client 175 is the pits...
There's not a lot of good clients out there (for MPD or Squeezelite)... Even on mobile/handphone devices. There is always a problem here or there. If you have a good one to recommend, i'd add it in.

Eventually I'd be coding up a universal Snakeoil client that'd work with most of the players.. Right now just going to finish up a 1.0.0 Snakeoil beta, and once that is out, I'd start working on the universal client.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Upgrade to firmware 0.1.5c, MPD should work then.

I have and it doesn't..... I do try as many fixes as possible before posting so as to ease your workload....:-)

Where do you get this message from?

Other working MPD distro....(Moode ) The USB High Speed (UAC2) is a known bug and has an MPD fix...... but not implemented in Snakeoil...?

If you have a good one to recommend, i'd add it in

ncmpcpp for console

Cantata...... Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, can be compiled with KDE support, Qt5 or Qt4 (runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X)

Mupeace for Android

(02-May-2017, 02:29 PM)Bromf Wrote: Upgrade to firmware 0.1.5c, MPD should work then.

I have and it doesn't..... I do try as many fixes as possible before posting so as to ease your workload....:-)
Ignore the params entry for now as MPD only opens the audio device when music is playing.

First of all, is MPD working? I assume it to be a No because you said MPD is dead.

Can your confirm:
  1. If MPD is running
  2. Can your client connect to MPD
  3. and can you play music?

(02-May-2017, 02:29 PM)Bromf Wrote: Where do you get this message from?

Other working MPD distro....(Moode ) The USB High Speed (UAC2) is a known bug and has an MPD fix...... but not implemented in Snakeoil...?

(02-May-2017, 02:29 PM)Bromf Wrote: If you have a good one to recommend, i'd add it in

ncmpcpp for console
ncmpc should be installed. If you prefer console access, you can use that too.

The client175 is included because it is a web client, work well in general. Other clients will still work.
(02-May-2017, 02:29 PM)Bromf Wrote: Cantata...... Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, can be compiled with KDE support, Qt5 or Qt4 (runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X)
This isn't practical to be included in Snakeoil. If you installed Cantata on another PC, then naturally it will be able to connect to the SnakeoilOS.. Remember SnakeoilOS is designed to be headless (no monitor or keyboard attached). Running heavy apps over a virtual desktop defeats the purpose.

Having said that, Snakeoil is designed to suit your purpose, if you want to start X and install Cantata, it can be done as you have full control over the OS.
(02-May-2017, 02:29 PM)Bromf Wrote: Mupeace for Android
Havn't heard of that client before. Looks good, and highly rated too. Thanks for that. Thumbs Up

Can your client connect to MPD

ncmpc......"Couldn't connect to MPD (host = localhost, port = 6600): Connection refused"

and can you play music?...... nope... because the xmos device is not recognised....as there is no UAC2 fix for high-speed usb devices for MPD. ?

(02-May-2017, 03:19 PM)Bromf Wrote: Can your client connect to MPD

ncmpc......"Couldn't connect to MPD (host = localhost, port = 6600): Connection refused"

and can you play music?...... nope... because the xmos device is not recognised....as there is no UAC2 fix for high-speed usb devices for MPD. ?
Think Can you generate a diagnostics file, and attach it to this thread.

Don't know what's happening here...tried to access snakeoil mpd via cantata from Ubuntu (works fine to Moode MPD) but couldn't.

Went back to snakeoil and tried Client 175 again. (had ncmpc running via ssh but connection refused) added more files in client 175 and hit play.

The file I tried 2 hours ago started playing !!?? Then Client 175 behaves and ncmpc behaves...... scratches head...???

Will send diagnostic when it happens (ie not happens :-) ) again.

Xmos now shows in hardware..... irrespective of music playing or not.

Params(2,0)

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 441
buffer_size: 1764
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • agent_kith

(02-May-2017, 03:47 PM)Bromf Wrote: Don't know what's happening here...tried to access snakeoil mpd via cantata from Ubuntu (works fine to Moode MPD) but couldn't.

Went back to snakeoil and tried Client 175 again. (had ncmpc running via ssh but connection refused) added more files in client 175 and hit play.

The file I tried 2 hours ago started playing !!?? Then Client 175 behaves and ncmpc behaves...... scratches head...???
Good to know that it works.

FWIW pretty sure this line you you mention

Code:
'dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3' 

is specific to Raspberry Pi and not applicable at all in Snakeoil. That is meant to fix buffer underruns on Pi. And likely isn't applicable now. I compiled a RT kernel for my Pi a while ago and don't need that and high res streams fine with no pops/clicks/etc.

While on the subject of client175....
any progress on streaming...?? MPD custom with curl..

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...533#pid533

(02-May-2017, 04:12 PM)Bromf Wrote: While on the subject of client175....
any progress on streaming...?? MPD custom with curl..

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...533#pid533
Assuming the streaming sites are acessible via CURL, then they should work.... In Snakeoil 1.0.0  Big Grin.

Not that easy to incorporate into the existing versions of Snakeoil because libcurl is not available by default.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf