[SOLVED] NAS in Airport Extreme
(24-Jul-2019, 05:58 PM)luiswu Wrote: Hi, This is the complete sequence by SSH, once this is completed I can push "remount partitions" and it works ...
Easy way is to bypass the WebApp, and mount the windows share directly.
  1. SSH into your Snakeoil PC
  2. edit this file by running the following command
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/fstab
  3. Add the following to the end of the line
    Code:
    //192.168.1.33/musicas2015 /media/music/NAS cifs user=luis,password=popular2056,rw,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0
  4. Save the file and exit
  5. Make sure the /media/music/NAS folder already exists by running this command
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/music/NAS 
  6. Reboot the PC
  7. Go to the Snakeoil WebApp again, and you should see the share mounted under NAS.
  8. To modify/remove this share, just edit /etc/fstab again
Once you get everything working, you might want to change your password just in case Big Grin .

If you still have problems, perhaps you want to do a team viewer session with me so I can remotely connect to your desktop PC and help you with this.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(25-Jul-2019, 09:00 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(24-Jul-2019, 05:58 PM)luiswu Wrote: Hi, This is the complete sequence by SSH, once this is completed I can push "remount partitions" and it works ...
Easy way is to bypass the WebApp, and mount the windows share directly.
  1. SSH into your Snakeoil PC
  2. edit this file by running the following command
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/fstab
  3. Add the following to the end of the line
    Code:
    //192.168.1.33/musicas2015 /media/music/NAS cifs user=luis,password=popular2056,rw,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0
  4. Save the file and exit
  5. Make sure the /media/music/NAS folder already exists by running this command
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/music/NAS 
  6. Reboot the PC
  7. Go to the Snakeoil WebApp again, and you should see the share mounted under NAS.
  8. To modify/remove this share, just edit /etc/fstab again
Once you get everything working, you might want to change your password just in case Big Grin .

If you still have problems, perhaps you want to do a team viewer session with me so I can remotely connect to your desktop PC and help you with this.

AT LAST!!!
It seems that this WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a professional and a very sincere person and above all patient, it has not been easy ...
This is the picture of the current PC ... when the network works on Broadcom on the laptop: HP Compaq NX 7400, I will pass Snakeoil to the laptop.
Previously I was using Volumio, good sound, very simple to configure and with an excellent graphic, but ... the sound quality is infinitely superior in Snakeoil, despite the headaches to configure it, the presence is wonderful, warmth, spatiality separation of channels, depth and many more praises ..
Is it possible to make a second donation?

Thank you very much for everything and put up with this heavy one (I think you will have to keep holding it for a long time, because I find it difficult to beat the quality of Snakeoil)
I live in Marbella, Andalusia, Spain, if you pass by here, it would be a pleasure to meet you.
[Image: 2019-07-25-14-11-57.jpg]

As you will see, I am in love with music ...

This is my music room

[Image: portada-18-01-2017.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes luiswu's post:
  • agent_kith

(25-Jul-2019, 08:16 PM)luiswu Wrote: AT LAST!!!
You are a professional and a very sincere person and above all patient, it has not been easy ...
Yay. I'm moving the documentations into a wiki, and will expand on the wiki to include things like this in a future. Hopefully that'll make the reference section a lot more informative, and helpful.

(25-Jul-2019, 08:16 PM)luiswu Wrote: This is the picture of the current PC ... when the network works on Broadcom on the laptop: HP Compaq NX 7400, I will pass Snakeoil to the laptop.
Previously I was using Volumio, good sound, very simple to configure and with an excellent graphic, but ... the sound quality is infinitely superior in Snakeoil, despite the headaches to configure it, the presence is wonderful, warmth, spatiality separation of channels, depth and many more praises ..
It's the kernel that gives Snakeoil that special touch. Unfortunately the kernel also makes it more difficult to install. Glad you got over that hurdle.

I could have make the Snakeoil kernel work with everything. However, the sound quality of that kernel is average at best. So the decision is made early on to make something that sounds good, rather than something that works for everybody.

(25-Jul-2019, 08:16 PM)luiswu Wrote: Is it possible to make a second donation?
Yes you can. It's better if you become a Patron of Snakeoil though. That is $1 USD every month and you can stop anytime you like.
Moving forward, this project needs 80 patrons for me to fund a proper server. That will automate the process to generate a ISO and kernel build for your PC. e.g. if you are using a broadcom network card, Intel CPU, PCI-e4, etc. Tick a few boxes, click the submit button. And wait (proably 10 to 20 minutes) for an email. That will give you a link to the ISO, install or custom kernel.

(26-Jul-2019, 09:42 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
Yay. I'm moving the documentations into a wiki, and will expand on the wiki to include things like this in a future. Hopefully that'll make the reference section a lot more informative, and helpful.
(25-Jul-2019, 08:16 PM)luiswu Wrote: This is the picture of the current PC ... when the network works on Broadcom on the laptop: HP Compaq NX 7400, I will pass Snakeoil to the laptop.
It's the kernel that gives Snakeoil that special touch. Unfortunately the kernel also makes it more difficult to install. Glad you got over that hurdle.

I could have make the Snakeoil kernel work with everything. However, the sound quality of that kernel is average at best. So the decision is made early on to make something that sounds good, rather than something that works for everybody.

Yes you can. It's better if you become a Patron of Snakeoil though. That is $1 USD every month and you can stop anytime you like.
Moving forward, this project needs 80 patrons for me to fund a proper server. That will automate the process to generate a ISO and kernel build for your PC. e.g. if you are using a broadcom network card, Intel CPU, PCI-e4, etc. Tick a few boxes, click the submit button. And wait (proably 10 to 20 minutes) for an email. That will give you a link to the ISO, install or custom kernel.

Hi, I agree with you, I will be a Patron of Snakeoil though. how is it done? Is one euro okay?
i need ... when the network works on Broadcom on the laptop: HP Compaq NX 7400, I will pass Snakeoil to the laptop.
Thanks.

(26-Jul-2019, 05:33 PM)luiswu Wrote:
(26-Jul-2019, 09:42 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

Hi, I agree with you, I will be a Patron of Snakeoil though. how is it done? Is one euro okay?
i need ... when the network works on Broadcom on the laptop: HP Compaq NX 7400, I will pass Snakeoil to the laptop.
Thanks.

Hi, I'm today a Patron of Snakeoil though.
but the email has given me another password...
what do I do.

I have 4GB of RAM, but it's only using very little, how can I do it to work more with RAM?

Sound is supposed to be better from RAM

[Image: 2019-07-28-13-08-59.jpg]

(28-Jul-2019, 07:05 PM)luiswu Wrote: Hi, I'm today a Patron of Snakeoil though.
but the email has given me another password...
Thanks for your support.

(28-Jul-2019, 07:05 PM)luiswu Wrote: what do I do.
You can keep both. And use any on your systems. Share this code with your friends and introduce them to the world of Snakeoil.

(28-Jul-2019, 07:05 PM)luiswu Wrote: I have 4GB of RAM, but it's only using very little, how can I do it to work more with RAM?

Sound is supposed to be better from RAM
RAM or memory play is dependent on the players. JRiver supports this, and I'm not sure if any other player do. In time I will create a player (or a plugin) that will copy the files to RAM, and then use that to play off. But that's not high up in my list atm.

For now, you can create a RAM disk manually, and mount that under /media/music. some basic info here. Copy your music files to this, and play songs off it. This will be a feature in the upcoming version of Snakeoil.

here is another link for ramdisk creation....works for me...

https://www.linuxbabe.com/command-line/c...disk-linux
[-] The following 2 users Like Bromf's post:
  • luiswu, agent_kith

I just updated Ubuntu to 18.04.3 LTS and the NAS in Airport Extreme doesn't work anymore
Any ideas?
If I switch to Snakeoil 1.x.x - 4.19.37-rt19 Series?

SOLVED!!

Code:
sudo apt-get install cifs-utils
[-] The following 1 user Likes luiswu's post:
  • agent_kith