[SOLVED] Save buttons stay disabled
I just installed Snakeoil 1.0.7, but notice that I cannot make changes such as set network static address, change music player, etc. as the 'save' button remains in disabled state even after making a change. Am I doing something wrong?

(14-Jan-2018, 06:31 PM)bodiebill Wrote: I just installed Snakeoil 1.0.7, but notice that I cannot make changes such as set network static address, change music player, etc. as the 'save' button remains in disabled state even after making a change. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you do a screen shot and post here? Usually the 'save' button is disabled if there are some errors. Show me a screenshot and hopefully I can confirm that is the case.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(14-Jan-2018, 07:03 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 06:31 PM)bodiebill Wrote: I just installed Snakeoil 1.0.7, but notice that I cannot make changes such as set network static address, change music player, etc. as the 'save' button remains in disabled state even after making a change. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you do a screen shot and post here? Usually the 'save' button is disabled if there are some errors. Show me a screenshot and hopefully I can confirm that is the case. 

Thanks. Here goes:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_01_14_at_12_15_32.png]

(14-Jan-2018, 07:18 PM)bodiebill Wrote: Thanks. Here goes:
Try and make a change, e.g. click on 'DHCP', then back to 'static' again. Or change the IP address. The 'save' button didn't turn into green? If it's still disabled, can you press F12, and see if there are any error messages?

(14-Jan-2018, 08:02 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
Try and make a change, e.g. click on 'DHCP', then back to 'static' again. Or change the IP address. The 'save' button didn't turn into green? If it's still disabled, can you press F12, and see if there are any error messages? 

Tried that, but the button stays brown and disabled. F12 activates the dashboard on my mac, so I tried from a Windows PC, and there one error is shown:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 
'is_infield_enabled' of undefined    
     at icon_click_handler (onloadwff.js:63)
     at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (onloadwff.js:66)

(15-Jan-2018, 12:03 AM)bodiebill Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 08:02 PM)agent_kith Wrote:

Tried that, but the button stays brown and disabled. F12 activates the dashboard on my mac, so I tried from a Windows PC, and there one error is shown:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 
'is_infield_enabled' of undefined    
     at icon_click_handler (onloadwff.js:63)
     at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (onloadwff.js:66)

And opening the console on my mac by using ⌥-⌘-J  I got this:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_01_14_at_17_13_45.png]

This looks like the cache hasn't been cleared properly.

Can you force a browser refresh (should be SHIFT+CTRL+R or SHIFT+F5, if not try to clear cache in the browser configuration settings) and try again?

I reinstalled  Snakeoil and then tried to clear the cache on my mac, which I finally did via Chrome settings. Alas, still the same problem when I try to set a static ip address. And also on other pages, such as Music Player, the settings cannot be changed.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_01_15_at_08_52_54.png]

(15-Jan-2018, 03:57 PM)bodiebill Wrote: I reinstalled  Snakeoil and then tried to clear the cache on my mac, which I finally did via Chrome settings. Alas, still the same problem when I try to set a static ip address. And also on other pages, such as Music Player, the settings cannot be changed.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_01_15_at_08_52_54.png]

Very interesting. Is that re-install, then upgrade to 1.0.7? Or still on 1.0.0? I'm going to release 1.0.8 later today. Hopefully this newer version will be better.

Alternatively, roll back to a previous firmware (say 1.0.6) and see if it works. If it doesn't, move back to 1.0.5 and so on until you find one that works, then let me know what version that is.

I tried with 1.0.7, but the problem was already there with 1.0.0, so before the fw upgrade. Because of that I would expect that it would be similar with other fw, but I may be wrong.

(15-Jan-2018, 05:02 PM)bodiebill Wrote: I tried with 1.0.7, but the problem was already there with 1.0.0, so before the fw upgrade. Because of that I would expect that it would be similar with other fw, but I may be wrong.

Based on what you said, the most likely reason is still cache. Try and see if if you can access the web app with this URL: http://snakeoil.local.
If that still doesn't work, go to your router, and set a different IP for your snakeoil machine.

The two methods above basically ask the browser to go to a different domain/IP address (anything but 192.168.1.166). Hopefully that'd pull down all the right files.