[SOLVED] Support for RME 9632 PCI Soundcard
Hi Agent Kith,
I just got the RME 9632 PCI soundcard to use as a digital transport through SPDIF. The card does support ALSA drivers but does not show up on the listed hardware. Can you help me get the OS to recognize the card?
Thank you!

(26-Oct-2016, 04:04 PM)Jhya Wrote: Hi Agent Kith,
I just got the RME 9632 PCI soundcard to use as a digital transport through SPDIF. The card does support ALSA drivers but does not show up on the listed hardware. Can you help me get the OS to recognize the card?
Thank you!

Interesting card. No problems, I assume you're using a 64 bit version of Snakeoil?

edit: Built a 64 bit kernel to support all RME audio cards, download here. Let me know how it goes.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Jhya

(26-Oct-2016, 05:23 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(26-Oct-2016, 04:04 PM)Jhya Wrote: Hi Agent Kith,
Thank you!

Interesting card. No problems, I assume you're using a 64 bit version of Snakeoil?

edit: Built a 64 bit kernel to support all RME audio cards, download here. Let me know how it goes.

Yes, I'm using 64bit with the latest beta. I just upgraded the kernel to rme version but still not recognized.

[Image: SO.jpg]
Thanks!
Powered

by

Imgbb

Can you verify from the home page that you're using the RME kernel?

(27-Oct-2016, 07:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Can you verify from the home page that you're using the RME kernel?

Yes, the home page lists: Kernel4.4.9-rt17-x64-rme

(27-Oct-2016, 08:49 AM)Jhya Wrote: Yes, the home page lists: Kernel4.4.9-rt17-x64-rme

Can you run this and send the output to me?
Code:
lspci

(27-Oct-2016, 09:02 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(27-Oct-2016, 08:49 AM)Jhya Wrote: Yes, the home page lists: Kernel4.4.9-rt17-x64-rme

Can you run this and send the output to me?
Code:
lspci
Here's the printout:
snakeoil@SNAKEOIL:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor D2xxx/N2xxx DRAM Controlle                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             r (rev 04)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor D2xxx/N2xxx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             2)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             2)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             1 (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             2 (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             3 (rev 02)
00:1d.3 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             4 (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation NM10 Family LPC Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family SATA Controller [AHC                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I mode] (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 02)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
03:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall DSP (rev                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              9b)

Looking at this, the Hammerfall 9632 is supported. But perhaps I compiled the wrong module, your card should be using module hdsp, and not the ones that begin with rme. 
[Image: work.gif]
I'd rebuild the kernel with the correct module later tonight and it should work.. Good to see kernel updates working again. Lots of things to do once we start to experiment what differences kernel tweaks can make.
[Image: cheer2.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Jhya

@Jhya. Try this kernel and see if it works: Link

You may need to install additional firmware to get extra functionality (I'm guessing mainly studio recording features). Let me know how it goes. [Image: thumbs.png]

(27-Oct-2016, 07:32 PM)agent_kith Wrote: @Jhya. Try this kernel and see if it works: Link

You may need to install additional firmware to get extra functionality (I'm guessing mainly studio recording features). Let me know how it goes. [Image: thumbs.png]

Okay, I'm one step closer:

[Image: Setup.jpg]

But now all I get is statics. I think I may need to run the hdspmixer and mute all ports except SPDIF?