[SOLVED] myMPD showing as disconnected
(18-Oct-2021, 08:11 PM)bodiebill Wrote: Having the same problem on my RPi4 ("MPD disconnected") I tried this solution however the fw above does not work for raspbian. Then I tried the mympd-Fix-1_0_2-armv7l.fw fix from the older post, but after applying that, MyMPD is no longer working at all via port 8080. Any advice?
Can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me for a quick look.. I have a Pi that's in the middle of 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 and can't test it easily. It'll probably be late in the week before I can sit down properly and get my Pi act together. Hopefully you're ok with that?

In the mean time, you can always use a mobile MPD client to control MPD
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(19-Oct-2021, 06:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(18-Oct-2021, 08:11 PM)bodiebill Wrote: Having the same problem on my RPi4 ("MPD disconnected") I tried this solution however the fw above does not work for raspbian. Then I tried the mympd-Fix-1_0_2-armv7l.fw fix from the older post, but after applying that, MyMPD is no longer working at all via port 8080. Any advice?
Can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me for a quick look.. I have a Pi that's in the middle of 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 and can't test it easily. It'll probably be late in the week before I can sit down properly and get my Pi act together. Hopefully you're ok with that?

In the mean time, you can always use a mobile MPD client to control MPD

Hi,
I'm having a similar problem as the OP, running on a Raspberry Pi 4b.

I've done some projects like this in the past but never something quite like this. I managed to install Raspbian, ran some terminal scripts to update Raspbian and then using the terminal install the SnakeOil OS on top. I used the web GUI to update the SnakeOil OS version to 1.2.1. At first I wanted to use LMS since I was familiar with it and I have a PiCorePlayer Squeezelite endpoint set up, but after reading that people think MPD is more revealing its what I want to go with. Problem is that nether of them work for me Sad.

Attached is what the OS says with MPD and LMS, as well as the GUI for MPD.            

Just made a log file and sent it to you, Agent Kith

(12-Jan-2022, 03:11 AM)fat cat Wrote: set up, but after reading that people think MPD is more revealing its what I want to go with. Problem is that nether of them work for me Sad.

Attached is what the OS says with MPD and LMS, as well as the GUI for MPD.

Just made a log file and sent it to you, Agent Kith
I've got your file.. WIll look into this later this weekend.. Have some home stuffs to do tonight, tomorrow and Sat so hopefully can get back to you sometime this Sunday (WAST).
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • fat cat

(12-Jan-2022, 03:11 AM)fat cat Wrote: Just made a log file and sent it to you, Agent Kith
Your MyMPD problem is the same as the OP, Uploading the file in post #7 should fix it.

Can you try that and let me know if it works for you? Steps are
  1. Download the module file in post #7.
  2. Go to the Snakeoil WebApp
  3. Go to System
  4. Upload the module in the install box
  5. Restart your Snakeoil computer
  6. Select the MPD player if you havn't done so already
Let me know how it goes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • fat cat

(17-Jan-2022, 07:22 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Upload the module in the install box

I uploaded it but it returns that the file is not meant for my CPU, I think the OP is using x86 and I'm using a Raspberry Pi.

(18-Jan-2022, 11:46 AM)fat cat Wrote: I uploaded it but it returns that the file is not meant for my CPU, I think the OP is using x86 and I'm using a Raspberry Pi.
Hmm. For now, modify /etc/mympd.conf by running the following commnad:
Code:
sudo pico /etc/mympd.conf

Manually edit the top of the file so it looks like this:
Code:
mpd]
#Connection to mpd, unix socket or host/port, socket preferred
#host = /run/mpd/socket
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 6600
#pass =
#host = /run/mpd/socket

Basically, enable the host to a IP address and port to 6600. Save the file, and restart your computer. Does Mympd work now?

I'll see what's wrong with uploading this to the Pi later this week when I can.

(18-Jan-2022, 06:47 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Basically, enable the host to a IP address and port to 6600. Save the file, and restart your computer. Does Mympd work now?

I gave it a shot but MyMPD still says "MPD Disconnected", here's what I came up with.

[Image: Snake-Oil-MPD-config-1-2.png]

Then; Ctrl + X, Y, enter, sudo reboot.

I checked MyMPD and it was still down so just to make sure it wasn't my network I tried to see if I was connected to the RPI. I followed this guide and tried to check the connections my computer was connected to using netstat -aon.

[Image: netstat-rpi.png]

I'm not sure how to interpret these results because the IP of the RPI is 192.168.2.163... no other RPI's on the network. Maybe this doesn't mean anything.

I'm going to look into the network more and see if that's the problem.

(21-Jan-2022, 02:17 AM)fat cat Wrote: [Image: netstat-rpi.png]
This is interesting. Can you run the following on the Snakeoil computer:

Code:
netstat -an|grep 6600

What does it say?

(21-Jan-2022, 06:49 AM)agent_kith Wrote: What does it say?

[Image: netstat-grep-ports-1-21-22.png]

I ran the command you said and also reran netstat -aon to see what connections my PC was making.

[Image: netstat-grep-ports-1-1-1-21-22.png]

It's a little blurry but it seems like there are some connections being made that the PC and RPI says are connected and some that the PC says are connected but the RPI says are not connected. Does any of it make sense to you? I don't understand how the web IP can be 192.168.2.163 and the PC says the IP is 192.168.2.10x (it was 106 now its 105).

(22-Jan-2022, 10:39 AM)fat cat Wrote: It's a little blurry but it seems like there are some connections being made that the PC and RPI says are connected and some that the PC says are connected but the RPI says are not connected. Does any of it make sense to you? I don't understand how the web IP can be 192.168.2.163 and the PC says the IP is 192.168.2.10x (it was 106 now its 105).
Looks like it should be working. I don't quite know why why. Hopefully tomorrow i can get some time to spin up my test pi build. It's been seriously hot lately here in Perth. Climbing to 35 degrees now and going up..

I'm gonna stop work and find a hole to hide soon....