[SOLVED] no ip on nuc10i3
(04-Apr-2021, 08:14 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(04-Apr-2021, 05:24 AM)Tecko Wrote: Did go back to version 4, did setup my backup. It destroys configuration, because than the dac is not connected. I am tiered to start all over again every time. Was earier if I could make an imagebackup and tha flash it when trying new version. Everytime  installing Ubuntu over and over again consumes a lot of time..
I should have made this clear in the first post. You don't have to re-install Ubuntu every time. Just install Ubuntu once, and run the installer time and time again.

FWIW if you use the ZFS, you can snapshot the file system, and restore it to the previous stage anytime. This is what I'm gonna do for my test rig, just need to save up the money to get a new PC.

I installed zfs but than get message device bussy when trying to create a pool. I follow step by step instrucions on Ubutnu website. Because think I need a pool when I want to go back from alpha 5 to 4? But first I update from alpha 4 to 5 maybe that works.
With running the installer over alpha 4 I have now  1.2.0.5 running (system says beta1?)  on top of Ubuntu 20.04 lts server.

I try to install bubbleupnp server. Got the next installation errors (is it not available yet?)

Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package bubbleupnpserver
Failed to disable unit: Unit file bubbleupnpserver.service does not exist.
Failed to stop bubbleupnpserver.service: Unit bubbleupnpserver.service not loaded.

Install finished with errors, please review the above output for reasons

I did install it myself. I do not see that bubbleupnp is usefull. Was just courious.  LMS seems the best server so far.

(04-Apr-2021, 03:26 PM)Tecko Wrote: I installed zfs but than get message device bussy when trying to create a pool. I follow step by step instrucions on Ubutnu website. Because think I need a pool when I want to go back from alpha 5 to 4? But first I update from alpha 4 to 5 maybe that works.
I havn't built the new system yet, so can't really check this out. But if not wrong, when you use ZFS, it will already create a zpool by default?

Will try and setup a virtual machine when I can to test this out.

(04-Apr-2021, 03:26 PM)Tecko Wrote: With running the installer over alpha 4 I have now 1.2.0.5 running (system says beta1?) on top of Ubuntu 20.04 lts server.
Yes. 1.2.0.5 is beta 1.

(04-Apr-2021, 08:23 PM)Tecko Wrote: I try to install bubbleupnp server. Got the next installation errors (is it not available yet?)

Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
E: Unable to locate package bubbleupnpserver
Failed to disable unit: Unit file bubbleupnpserver.service does not exist.
Failed to stop bubbleupnpserver.service: Unit bubbleupnpserver.service not loaded.

Install finished with errors, please review the above output for reasons

I did install it myself. I do not see that bubbleupnp is usefull. Was just courious.  LMS seems the best server so far.
Yup. Confirm bubbleUPNP is broken for 20.04.. I'll fix this for the next beta.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Trying to install Amarok. WIth putty and by snakeoil I get the same errors:

Package amarok is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'amarok' has no installation candidate

Install finished with errors
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tecko's post:
  • agent_kith

(06-Apr-2021, 02:34 AM)Tecko Wrote: Trying to install Amarok. WIth putty and by snakeoil I get the same errors:

Package amarok is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'amarok' has no installation candidate

Install finished with errors

Thanks for reporting. Will fix this in the next beta.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Tecko

I was testing spotify connect, want to get it to work for if spotify comes out. Next errors:

The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D1742AD60D811D58
Reading package lists...
W: GPG error: http://repository.spotify.com stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D1742AD60D811D58
E: The repository 'http://repository.spotify.com stable InRelease' is not signed.
Reading package lists...
E: Unable to locate package spotify-client

Install has finished, please click the close button below to exit.

Verry strange I tried to do a clean install because of the spotify issue. First  I installed ubuntu server but I do not get 1.2.0.4 running any more on top of the server, verry strange, on 4 i got the error below. On 5 i can not do a clean install only updating form 4. 
Now trying from ubuntu desktop again.

pfff think I figure out sometihing think  dacplayer has to be connected during snakeoil install. Otherwise the system is not starting up. Will report if I figure it out.

It is working again on top of server. Think the dac has to be connected during install snakeoil. Also spotifyconnect running with installing a gpg file. So spotify connect is running. But do not get is visable on the spotify app (other devices are).

One thing fixed other problem back. Still got troubles to play hi-res with qobuz and tidal, is this an error for it?
 [21-04-10 15:06:08.3576] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (421) errorNeedsClient: 24:4f:4f:24:b8:fd, status, -, 10, menu:menu, useContextMenu:1, subscribe:600

think the Tidal plugin on LMS only streams cd quallity.

(10-Apr-2021, 11:12 PM)Tecko Wrote: One thing fixed other problem back. Still got troubles to play hi-res with qobuz and tidal, is this an error for it?
 [21-04-10 15:06:08.3576] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (421) errorNeedsClient: 24:4f:4f:24:b8:fd, status, -, 10, menu:menu, useContextMenu:1, subscribe:600

Unfortunately I don't use Tidal so not sure what the problem is.

Perhaps check with LMS or Tidal forums and see if they can offer any help?

(12-Apr-2021, 06:38 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Apr-2021, 11:12 PM)Tecko Wrote: One thing fixed other problem back. Still got troubles to play hi-res with qobuz and tidal, is this an error for it?

Unfortunately I don't use Tidal so not sure what the problem is.

Perhaps check with LMS or Tidal forums and see if they can offer any help?

What I learned on LMS forum is that Tidal plugin can not play MQA. And most high resolution audio is MQA. So that is the reason whyu everything is cd quallity.