[SOLVED] [split] Problem Starting MPD in Gear Isolation U2
Look, masters, this morning I'd like to install and set up the mpd but seems it didn't work as charm like several FWs ago.  So I flashed SnakeOil OS with previous FW 0.12.1.  After reboot the contents (not appearance) of webui goes weird.  Then I flashed it back to FW 0.12.2.  It doesn't help. 
After clicking here and there, then it shows a screen saying "Rest server is not responding" and then the iconic colourful cyclone keeps spinning itself.

I've just tried https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Advance...l-firmware but got no luck.

However, minimserver, smb, nfs, and ssh they work normally.

Would you please help?  I'll deeply appreciate.   Shy
 Go to solution Reply

(14-Feb-2022, 12:47 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Look, masters, this morning I'd like to install and set up the mpd but seems it didn't work as charm like several FWs ago.  So I flashed SnakeOil OS with previous FW 0.12.1.  After reboot the contents (not appearance) of webui got weird, and minimserver doesn't work.  Then I flashed it back to FW 0.12.2.  It doesn't help. 
After clicking here and there, then it shows a screen saying "Rest server is not responding" and then the iconic colourful cyclone keeps rotating itself.

I've just tried https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Advance...l-firmware but got no luck.

What happens if you reboot the computer. Did that work?

Re-run the installer again should fix it in most cases. Let me know if you still have issues, I can do a team viewer session tomorrow after work to help you recover.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(14-Feb-2022, 06:55 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(14-Feb-2022, 12:47 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Look, masters, this morning I'd like to install and set up the mpd but seems it didn't work as charm like several FWs ago.  So I flashed SnakeOil OS with previous FW 0.12.1.  After reboot the contents (not appearance) of webui got weird, and minimserver doesn't work.  Then I flashed it back to FW 0.12.2.  It doesn't help. 
After clicking here and there, then it shows a screen saying "Rest server is not responding" and then the iconic colourful cyclone keeps rotating itself.

What happens if you reboot the computer. Did that work?

Re-run the installer again should fix it in most cases. Let me know if you still have issues, I can do a team viewer session tomorrow after work to help you recover.

Dear Agent_kith,

Rebooted several time yet it doesn't help.   And "Re-run the installer again", do you mean start from burning the USB?  If so, let me try tomorrow morning, and will let you know. You're the Best, man. Big Grin
And will the "Re-run the installer again" wipe the config and setting I've done before?  Thanks a lot again!

(14-Feb-2022, 11:34 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Dear Agent_kith,

Rebooted several time yet it doesn't help.   And "Re-run the installer again", do you mean start from burning the USB?  If so, let me try tomorrow morning, and will let you know. You're the Best, man. Big Grin
And will the "Re-run the installer again" wipe the config and setting I've done before?  Thanks a lot again!
No, just re-run the installation. Not sure if it'll wipe the config or not (I will have to confirm this later in the week).

But you can copy out this file: /var/www/config/snakeoil.db to a safe location, this will be your basic Snakeoil config. You can copy this file back to the same location afterwards if you find your settings are gone (need to do a PC restart for the copied database to take effect)
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(15-Feb-2022, 06:58 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(14-Feb-2022, 11:34 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Dear Agent_kith,

No, just re-run the installation. Not sure if it'll wipe the config or not (I will have to confirm this later in the week).

But you can copy out this file: /var/www/config/snakeoil.db to a safe location, this will be your basic Snakeoil config. You can copy this file back to the same location afterwards if you find your settings are gone (need to do a PC restart for the copied database to take effect)

I'm sorry that i can't catch you here.  Do you mean using the install iso file?  Or some other method?  Please enlighten me.   Big Grin

Very interestingly..... maybe my fanless pc heard that I'm going to re-install it, this morning when I turn on that both fanless pc and my desktop, both MPD, mimimserver, WEBUI everything are back to normal................ Yet I'm sure I've done both reboot and power off and on..... 
As I need the mpd to test the function and power of my new reclocker, I'd stay 1.2.1 until there is a newer update than 1.2.2.  Thanks for your kindly support again, Agent Kith!